PDA

View Full Version : Lindfields

mjb
17-08-2003, 14:12
Hi Everyone

I posted this already but I think maybe in the wrong place as I've had no responses....

We are renting a villa in Lindfields for 3 weeks in June 2004.

Can anyone give me some information about the community itself - parks, walks, facilities etc.

Because we will be there for 3 weeks we want to have some days 'at home'. We also want to explore the immediate area a bit too if there's anything to explore.

Thanks and hopefully I can trigger some response this time.[8)]
Jackie

janny
17-08-2003, 15:24
My home is not on Lindfields but I can tell you that there is a state park not far from there.It is called Lake Louisa it has a website for you to look at
http://www.floridastateparks.org/lakelouisa/default.asp
also take a trip to Kissimmee the real one (not the old town on 192 with the ferris wheel)
and walk around the lake there go through the arched gateway on the right and park near the water front
http://www.kissimmee.com/begin.htm
for longer trip visit Mount Dora
http://www.mountdora.com/
or Winter Park
http://www.ci.winter-park.fl.us/2002/

Hope these ideas start you off.

mjb
17-08-2003, 16:00
Thank you Janny for those links and I'll certainly have a look at them. What about anything in the immediate area without having to go out in the car!

Thanks
Jackie

sarahjk
17-08-2003, 17:43
Hi Jackie

We stayed on Lindfields last Feb 2002
It is a really nice community but there is not much to do on site there are a couple of lakes behind but other than that you would need to use your car altough you dont need to drive very far to get to lots of other sites Celebration is just down the road and Old Town as well and once you get to either place just park up and walk around

<span style="color:blue">www.celebrationfl.com
www.old-town.com</span id="blue">

Hope this help a little :):):)

janny
17-08-2003, 17:46
To be honest no one walks anywhere!I don't know whether the community has a recreatonal area -I can;t find any reference to one at the moment maybe one of the owners there will post more info for you.Perhaps you couold walk around the area away from the 192 and see what there is to discover and post it for us when you get back

Gillian-B
18-08-2003, 03:16
From memory, I think that the entrance to Lindfields is actually on the US192, so I suppose if there are lit footpaths, you could wander down to the local shops & restaurants. However, I agree with Janny that no one really walks anywhere!

We've stayed at Lindfields a couple of times and had a great time.

Gillian

SunLover
18-08-2003, 05:52
Hi Jackie

Our villa is on Lindfields, and we love it there.

There is no community activity center per say, but loads of smaller attractions and entertainment on H'way 192, approx 1 mile away, and of course Disney itself is just a hop and a skip down the road.

We chose Lindfields because it is well established (i.e. not an ongoing building site) and also because it has a great mix of both STR and local residents. Everyone is extremely friendly and it does have a great neighbourly atmosphere.

The estate is well lit at night and extremely safe, but most of all, it's a perfect retreat from the hustle and bustle of all the nearby parks.

I'm sure you'll have a great time staying there. :D

Gillian-B
18-08-2003, 11:28
Also, because of where Lindfields is, it's really easy to get around. You have World Drive on the doorstep (for Disney), I4 is just up the road (for SeaWorld, Universal & International Drive) and of course US192 (good for restaurants at night). It's a great location and like Chris & Peter say, it has a really nice atmosphere on the estate (and some great villas) :D.

mjb
18-08-2003, 14:54
Thanks one and all for the input. I will be a little more specific here. We are Jewish and religious which means that we do not drive on the Sabbath (Saturday). This is part of the beauty of staying in our "own" villa so that we can keep to our "real" lives as much as possible without bothering other people. Hence my question about what to do in the immediate neighbourhood.

Are there walkways along the lakeside in the community? It will also be a perfect excuse to just have a day off from the hustle and bustle of Disney and will fit in very well during our 3-week visit.

Thanks again for the input
Jackie

orlandobabe
03-09-2003, 00:57
Hi Jackie

I've owned a villa on Lindfields for over 3 years now and I do think it is a superb location-I echo everything that Chris Sunlover says.

At the back of Lindfields- there is a sand road called Funie Steed-it takes you through the conservation area. If you wanted to visit a restaurant you could walk that way a bit more safely than walking along the 192 as there are no pavements along there. You will come out at some restaurants but you need to allow 2 miles
Here is the link to a map

http://www.orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/lindfields_sub_div.htm

and you can see Funie Steed Rd on it

Although you could take a taxi-if that is allowed.

On a day other than the sabbath-there's a kosher restaurant on the 192 east (about 8-10 miles). I don't know what it is like. We are not jewish but maybe someone else has tried it.

There's also a pub called The Stage Door on 192 west about a mile from Lindfields-which may be walkable-but that would be on the 192-again you could get a taxi.

Publix supermarket is a mile away to the left and right of Lindfields entrance and at the one on the left there is a library.

If you need anymore help just let us know

melfrank
14-10-2003, 21:24
We stayed at Lindfields a couple of years ago.It just seemed like a large villa estate, not a gated community You would need a car. If you have to walk it would be at least 15 mins to nearest facilities.