PDA

View Full Version : tickets for 5 guys

jock
28-09-2006, 18:41
Hello

Me and 4 of my friends are going to orlando next year, I'm theonly one from the group who has been before. We want to get tickets for some parks, the main choices are disney 5-6 day pass, or the 5 park flex pass (uni, busch, SW etc). My question is, what ticket would you recommend for 5 young (22-25yrs) guys? We're not too fussed about themes, just fast coasters and atmosphere. Price is a factor too. I have only done disney parks, so any feedback on other parks in appreciated.

Thank you

John J

Albert the Frog
28-09-2006, 18:59
I'll get in quick-I'm a fan of Universal and Islands of Adventure-they have am older feel to them than Disney so would probably be more suited to 22-25 year olds-the rides are higher and faster than Disney as well (check out The Hulk. The other advantage to Universal/IOA is that you can leave the park and go right into City Walk which is full of bars, clubs,groups etc all included in your price.
I would also consider Busch Gardens for the rides - I don't know how you are with wild life-but the rides there-Sheikra,Python are faster and higher than Disney. The only problem (with a small p) is that Busch Gdns is at Tampa so one of you will have to drive -its about 75 miles.

If you were to buy an Orlando 5 park flexticket then you will be covered for all the parks I've mentioned above plus Seaworld and Wet N Wild.

jillizzy
28-09-2006, 19:17
I would have to agree with the above post, although I love Disney my sons aged from 17 to 22 prefer Universal because the rides are bigger and faster.

With the flexiticket you could get the free bus to Busch Gardens if none of you drive.

Jill

nicseg
28-09-2006, 19:55
I would highly recommend Bush Gardens for guys your age. Having said that both Disney and Universal have some really great rides.... it's a tough decision!!!!!
Sue

jock
28-09-2006, 20:00
thanks for the feedback, does anyone know how much entrance to MGM studios is? Im swaying towards the 5 park flexi now but am still tempted by rock n rollercoaster and tower of terror

The Cardinal
28-09-2006, 20:01
Jock,

You say you're 22 - 25... what does that mean with regards to driving?

I only ask because when my friends and I went, we found Busch Gardens to be easily 2 days worth of entertainment, and wished we'd all clubbed together and got a motel etc on the west coast for the night.

Just something to thing about.

P.S. Orlando Flexticket all the way for my money.

steph_goodrum
28-09-2006, 20:11
one day one park tickets to Disney cost $73 when we were over there the other day.

JoRo
28-09-2006, 20:17
Just been to our villa with my 2 sons aged 21 and 24. They are like you and love high speed rides. We did a bit of everything - Adventure Island is definitely one you want on your list!
We did MGM but it is not high on rides - tower of terror is about the only one - we got a day ticket and paid and extra $50 that gave us entry to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon lagoon and Disney quest within 14 days. That might be worth thinking about.
Joyce

JoRo
28-09-2006, 20:19
word of advice John - make sure you all carry photo id with you all the time - you get asked for ID everywhere you might want to order a drink.
Joyce

christhear
28-09-2006, 20:38
Defineately want to go for the 5 day flex ticket. If you are not driving i think it includes free transport to busch gardens from selected pick up points. Done all the rides at both the Universals and Seaworld. Haven't done the 3 big ones at Busch as one was not there and my son was not big enough for the other 2 last time we went.
MGM may be a bit dull, but the stunt show is good. Depends on your budget as the less days you spend at Disney the more expensive they are.
It might be worth you trying out thew sling shot and sky coaster at OLd Town Kissimee.
Remeber to use the link on this site for your tickets as they really are good value from here.
Hope you have a great time.

Kazzie
28-09-2006, 20:45
There is also the aerosmith rock n rollercoaster at MGM which is good. You will certainly enjoy the rides at Busch Gardens as has already been said.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joyce roberts
Just been to our villa with my 2 sons aged 21 and 24. They are like you and love high speed rides. We did a bit of everything - Adventure Island is definitely one you want on your list!
We did MGM but it is not high on rides - tower of terror is about the only one - we got a day ticket and paid and extra $50 that gave us entry to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon lagoon and Disney quest within 14 days. That might be worth thinking about.
Joyce
[/quote]

jock
28-09-2006, 20:53
thanks folks, i appreciate your advice. We will be hiring a car, 7 seater probably. We are aware of the under 25 extra fee, which we are expecting to pay. A few other things on the list are:
Old Town Kissimmee
Kennedy Space Centre
A rodeo if ones on?
And a waterpark, typhoon lagoon or blizzard beach.

What are your opinions on these places?

Thank you for your time and help.

mizzy
28-09-2006, 20:56
although not a ride i would also say that the lights, motors, action extreme stunt show is definately worth seeing at mgm

Mizzy

christhear
28-09-2006, 21:06
In my opinion the best water park for people your age is Wet n' wild which is included in the 5 day flex. If you are looking at the Disney Water parks it depends what you want. Blizzard beach has the bigger drops but typhoon lagoon has the large wave pool so its your choice really.

nicklangdon
28-09-2006, 22:24
We enjoy old town on a saturday evenning to watch the cars and do a bit of shopping.
I prefer typhoon lagoon out of the two water parks but tend to do both as they're both good in their own right and can double up with a morning their and shopping or something else in the afternoon.

Ali

Pluto
29-09-2006, 12:37
John

You have mentioned that you will be getting a car for your trip. You will get an excellent service if you book it through the link on this site.

jock
29-09-2006, 12:48
pluto,

Thanks for your advice, I have looked at the prices on this site and I am seriously impressed!! I will definately be hiring a car through this sites link.