PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2006

Cruella DeVilla
28-09-2006, 03:46
As we have started talking about all things Xmas hows about we kept this thread going for the weeks upto Xmas as I know how enthausastic we all get, well most us.[xmas2]

A little something from the archives to get you in the mood after all there is only 88 days or so to go and even less shopping days

http://www.toonedin.com/movies/WhiteTrashXmas.html

Sorry if it's too early for some folks I have been surrounded by Xmas things in the shops all day so it kinda got me into the spirit of things[:I]

LiesaAnna
28-09-2006, 11:19
Thanks Cdv
it was cool[msnembarrased]

still too early for me! but it did make me smile!!

MarkJan
28-09-2006, 11:40
Ho Ho Ho. Great cartoon.

We are looking forward to the gridlock around the Trafford Centre coming up to CHristmas, not!

shenon
28-09-2006, 11:57
LOL

mollymolly
28-09-2006, 12:01
Nice one CDV - but I try not to think about Christmas until I get Harvest Festival out of the way! [msnwink]

Bernadette

timfawson
28-09-2006, 12:23
Yesterday ES came home from school and said that his year is is an old stick in the mud as at assembly in the morning she reminded them that 10 weeks today (Wednesday) Christmas will be over !![msneek]

kitty
28-09-2006, 17:49
Cant beleive how quick yet another year has gone,we spend most of the time looking forward to our holidays,then xmas is upon us in no time.Ive nearly finished my xmas shopping,apart from fresh veg/meat etc,after my hols i always buy xmas goodies weekly to save on the large bill a few weeks beforehand[msncool]

Cruella DeVilla
28-09-2006, 18:20
Me too kitty, I hate Xmas shopping in Decembr it is always manic, I pick up the odd gift each month as I also have both my parents and Mr CDV within a week at the end of November and this year I have a 60th and a 50th to contend with! December for me is all about decorations and partying[msnsmile2]. I bought a load of stuff this week so when we arrive in December it is not a mad panic and all I have to get is my Xmas tree!

Anyway back to enjoying September and the glorious sunshine[msncool]

eagleydo
28-09-2006, 19:24
Enjoyed the cartoon CDV.

nicseg
28-09-2006, 20:11
I love it - made we really laugh - nice one CdV !!!!
Sue

Ray&Sarah
29-09-2006, 04:01
Very good CDV made me laugh.:D

Sue and Jere
29-09-2006, 12:48
Loved the cartoon CDV.

Never to early !!! With the class of three year olds i have this year, think we better start practicing the nativity play now [laugh]

Ray&Sarah
29-09-2006, 13:10
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sue and Jere
Loved the cartoon CDV.

Never to early !!! With the class of three year olds i have this year, think we better start practicing the nativity play now [laugh]
[/quote]

Rather you than me Sue.[msnoo][msnwink][msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
29-09-2006, 17:33
AWH that sounds as if it wil be realy cute Sue!

nicseg
29-09-2006, 21:22
Great stuff, I feel all festive now[msncool]
Sue

alan price
01-10-2006, 02:03
Very good CDV.
Need to think about my daughters birthday before I start thinking about Christmas.
Kim

Madabouttigger
01-10-2006, 13:23
Ive started the christmas shopping already![msnscared]

CarolAnn
01-10-2006, 15:12
I bought Taylor a new advent calendar on Friday, and all the gifts for her to give her friends!! So , for me I am doing well![msnwink] I am still hoping to convince him indoors that we should have tickets to Florida as our family xmas gift[msnwink]I live in hope[8D]

mfairhurst
01-10-2006, 15:48
THANKS CVD for your cartoon I e-mail my cousin in CALIFORNIA and put the cartoon on as an early message they though it was great and as florida they have a bbq instead of christmas dinner ,Made our DAY [msnsmile2]
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

mizzy
01-10-2006, 17:38
:D a little naughty Cruella:D but liked it

i too have started shopping for christmas

my oldest gave me a list of 20 different numbered sonic the hedgehog comics that she would like, all i can say here is, thank god for ebay!

and my youngest age 10 has asked for a coke-cola vending machine[msneek]which i find quite amusing as the children are not allowed fizzy drinks

Mizzy

pure
10-10-2006, 13:16
I have begun my Christmas shopping too:)
(the cartoon was great btw!)

Cruella DeVilla
10-10-2006, 17:08
Added to the lawn decorations last week, my neighbour has a large blowup snowman which I hate but I thought if you can't beat the join them so I have a surprise for them this year instead of our tasteful lawn ornaments, I am going for it this year;)[xmas2]

julieanne
10-10-2006, 17:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Added to the lawn decorations last week, my neighbour has a large blowup snowman which I hate but I thought if you can't beat the join them so I have a surprise for them this year instead of our tasteful lawn ornaments, I am going for it this year;)[xmas2]
[/quote]

:D Hope we get to see some pics CDV [msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
11-10-2006, 01:25
Oh yeah Julie you bet!

Twiglet
11-10-2006, 02:02
I love Xmas CDV, so delighted to see the thread. Also reminds me to start shopping, and spreading the costs out now!

Loved the cartoon

Ray&Sarah
11-10-2006, 04:12
Well I went xmas shopping last week and came home without any purchases, will have to try again.[msnscared]

Cruella DeVilla
11-10-2006, 17:41
Theresa I once spent Xmas in Australia very nice and sooooo hot it was strange as it was the first Xmas I had been away from the weather back home, even when I lived in Cyprus it was cold at Xmas, although the tourists were in bikinis by the pool while we had xmas lunch in our warmest party gear!

davidrodgie
11-10-2006, 19:05
Typical brits in the pool in cooler weather. When we were over in Florida in January my hubby and kids were swimming in the community pool(not heated) at Harmony!! mad, you wouldnt get me in there. Can't wait for xmas havn't started shopping yet, would love to spend xmas in florida, hopefully next year we will be living there if everthing goes to plan. Are you any nearer with a date for your move CDV? [8D]

Jeanette

Cruella DeVilla
11-10-2006, 20:11
Jeannette as you know it is not all that straight forward moving over but we are still on track and whenever it is we shall embrace it with both arms..... and legs and fingers and toes...you get the message:D.

Xmas and New Year in Fl is a must in our house, oh I am so excited thinking about it already and I only got back Sunday[xmas2]

vanessag
12-10-2006, 06:48
We are really looking foward to Christmas, we have booked to take our two kids to Lapland for two days, they dont know yet, I think we are going to get them to do a letter for Father Christmas a few days before we go, and then say to them "shall we deliver it in person to him?" Cant wait to see their faces.

Cruella DeVilla
12-10-2006, 15:30
Oh Vanessa that will be fab, I was looking myself a couple of days ago but it seems a lot. My mate took her litte boy for the day a couple of years ago and said it was magical, Mr CDV is a bit of a bah humbag bt goes along with it all for me so I may convince him yet!

CCollins
12-10-2006, 16:15
Well I am really looking forward to christmas this year, have done most of my shopping, now just need to by new lighs and decorations for the tree.

Last year we were at the villa - which was fantastic, but this year its back to x-mas in UK.

Have booked my flights for x-mas 2007 already for Florida - I LOVE christmas][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2]

By the way - cartoon was very funny - well done[clap][clap]

Cruella DeVilla
20-10-2006, 16:50
Well the dreaded question came this week, Jacq what do you want for Christmas? My brain is now hurting from trying to think what I need;)

I asked for a GPS for my birthday in August and was told no wait til we get to the States permanently and I will buy you one then, ok I forgot about that idea and two weeks ago when I turned up at the villa a week before Mr CDV there was a parcel on the table and when I opened it he had bought me the GPS I had wanted as a surprise and had arranged for our friends to wrap it up with a lovely poem.;) (Thanks I.W)

So what are all you ladies out there wishing for for Xmas, none of this peace and goodwill to all mean as that is obligatory?[xmas2]

Cruella DeVilla
23-10-2006, 15:56
Well I spent the weekend doing the majority of my Xmas shopping and wrapped all the goodies and wrote my cards, I need to get it all done in next couple of weeks before I disappear off to the States for a month[xmas2]

Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way.................

brizzle
23-10-2006, 16:03
Oooo, stop it :)

Already too excited about my Christmas jaunt and this may well finish me off...

'It's the most wonderful time of the year...'

Cruella DeVilla
23-10-2006, 21:12
.........Santa Claus is coming to town[xmas2]

dawn
23-10-2006, 22:06
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by vanessag
We are really looking foward to Christmas, we have booked to take our two kids to Lapland for two days, they dont know yet, I think we are going to get them to do a letter for Father Christmas a few days before we go, and then say to them "shall we deliver it in person to him?" Cant wait to see their faces.
[/quote]
Me too!! I have told my eldest as it will be her 12th birthday the day we fly out on the 20th December, (she has been sworn to secrecy), but my youngest will have no idea until we wake him up on the day - it will be his 6th birthday when we fly back on the 23rd - soooo exciting[xmas2]

KarenScott
24-10-2006, 00:44
CDV
Have you chosen what you want for Christmas?[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
08-11-2006, 20:50
No Karen still wracking the brain!

Well another couple of weekends have passed and I was back home last weekend in Germany so we went to the Netherlands for the day and I got a load of nice knick knacks for friends and some samshing stuff for the villa. I am off to Leeds this weekend to try to finish off.

It is my Mums 60th in two weeks and I am taking her and my Dad home to Germany for the week and the Xmas markets are in full flow in Germany by then, I am quite excited by it all. Also they are bringing the first German Xmas market to York this year to so whilst I am still here midweek I can have a touch of home on the doorstep.[beer]

chrizzy100
08-11-2006, 20:59
I'm kind of odd because I don't like getting presents....Its never been a big thing for me....I even turned down my own oil well once...LOL!

LiesaAnna
08-11-2006, 21:15
No Karen still wracking the brain!

Well another couple of weekends have passed and I was back home last weekend in Germany so we went to the Netherlands for the day and I got a load of nice knick knacks for friends and some samshing stuff for the villa. I am off to Leeds this weekend to try to finish off.

It is my Mums 60th in two weeks and I am taking her and my Dad home to Germany for the week and the Xmas markets are in full flow in Germany by then, I am quite excited by it all. Also they are bringing the first German Xmas market to York this year to so whilst I am still here midweek I can have a touch of home on the doorstep.[beer]

[/quote]
i bet Germany is beautiful when ready for christmas? have always wanted to take my mum and dad there, my dad comes from near you Jacq i believe, Dusseldorf? Dortmund?

Ray&Sarah
08-11-2006, 22:20
I am going to Cologne for a couple of days at the beginning of December, my hubby has his work Christmas meal there this year and apparently we will get to go to the Christmas Market there on the Friday.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
08-11-2006, 22:30
Sarah there are dozens of Christams markets in Koln! My parents are actually staying there for 4 days when I go back to work. If you type in xmas markets Koln into google you will find a list. There is a huge market in the city centre, it's a few years since we have been to Koln Xmas market although I am in Koln every second weekend at the minute we tend to do Dusseldorf and Moenchengladbach, I am all excited just thinking about it all![xmas2]

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...............

LiesaAnna
08-11-2006, 23:32
take your camera Jacq pretty please[msnwink]

Cruella DeVilla
09-11-2006, 00:05
I will Liesa, I did last year but the pictures were cack!

Ray&Sarah
09-11-2006, 03:31
Sarah there are dozens of Christams markets in Koln! My parents are actually staying there for 4 days when I go back to work. If you type in xmas markets Koln into google you will find a list. There is a huge market in the city centre, it's a few years since we have been to Koln Xmas market although I am in Koln every second weekend at the minute we tend to do Dusseldorf and Moenchengladbach, I am all excited just thinking about it all![xmas2]

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer...............
[/quote]

Thanks CDV I am really looking forward to it.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
12-11-2006, 19:36
Well another weekend has passed and just back from the Rememberance Sevice at York Minister...very nice!

Had two great days of Xmas shopping Friday in York and Saturday in Leeds, thing is I keep buying things for folks and end up keeping it for myself!!! Next weekend is Manchester so I have to have more willpower.

SDJ
13-11-2006, 03:37
Jacqueline, you would be proud of me. I have been here in WWB for a week and today is the first day I have shopped. Had lunch with friends at The Cheesecake Factory and then just had to go and buy a pair of shoes. Thought I did well, 6 hours and only one shopping bag!! Enjoy next weekend in Manchester - St. Ann's Sq. here comes CDV!!!!!

Sandra

Ray&Sarah
13-11-2006, 13:05
Well another weekend has passed and just back from the Rememberance Sevice at York Minister...very nice!

Had two great days of Xmas shopping Friday in York and Saturday in Leeds, thing is I keep buying things for folks and end up keeping it for myself!!! Next weekend is Manchester so I have to have more willpower.
[/quote]

Off to Manchester this afternoon, our sons are going to the WWE event tonight and then we are going to shop at the Trafford Center tomorrow.[msnsmile2]

Cruella DeVilla
13-11-2006, 15:17
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by SDJ
Jacqueline, you would be proud of me. I have been here in WWB for a week and today is the first day I have shopped. Had lunch with friends at The Cheesecake Factory and then just had to go and buy a pair of shoes. Thought I did well, 6 hours and only one shopping bag!! Enjoy next weekend in Manchester - St. Ann's Sq. here comes CDV!!!!!

Sandra
[/quote]

I am proud of you Sandra, apart from only 1 shopping bag:(

Looking forward to Manchester next weekend. I just love cities at this time of year they give me such a buzz, Leeds and Manchester remind me of Glasgow in a way which is probably why I love them.

Cruella DeVilla
13-11-2006, 15:18
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

Off to Manchester this afternoon, our sons are going to the WWE event tonight and then we are going to shop at the Trafford Center tomorrow.[msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Oh Sarah leave some things for me please!

Ray&Sarah
14-11-2006, 21:13
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray&Sarah

[/quote]

[/quote]

Plenty of things left CDV, with two teenage sons not alot of shopping goes on, they loose interest so easily.[msneek]:D

It was very quiet there which was nice though, no hustle and bustle and fighting to get through crowds of people.[msnsmile]

Oh Sarah leave some things for me please!
[/quote]

Cruella DeVilla
15-11-2006, 03:19
Glad to hear it. Off back to Leeds tomorrow afternoon via a trip to the dentist;);)

Cruella DeVilla
21-11-2006, 22:19
Oh my goodness another weekend has passed and my bank manager won't be pleased with me. Just planning my light up ceromony at WWP at the moment all tatse out of the window when it comes to Xmas decorations, well for the garden and outside of house anyway! I can't believe how excited I feel![msneek]

Just packing one of my cases tonight and I just don't know how I am going to fit it all in!

davidrodgie
21-11-2006, 23:49
Bet your so excited, i would love to go over for xmas(hopefully nxt year). Are you planning lots of lights and decorations for outside your villa Jacqueline, Have a great time.[msncool]

Jeanette

Cruella DeVilla
22-11-2006, 00:16
Thanks Jeanette, I will post some piccies once I have decorated[^]

davidrodgie
22-11-2006, 01:06
That would be good to see some pics Jacqueline, have a great time this week end for your mums birthday too(seen in another thread). :D

Jeanette

Cruella DeVilla
23-11-2006, 16:08
Right bags are packed and Xmas markets here I come. Meeting parents at airport so the weekend starts here[beer] oh and of course I get to see Mr CDV too[:X][:X][:I]