PDA

View Full Version : educational tours

mizzy
28-09-2006, 02:58
has anyone done any of the tours at seaworld

i am looking into taking one of the tours with my children next march (ages 13,10)

we have a choice of polar expedition, saving a species, predators and the dolphin nursey behind the scenes

they seem really reasonable so i would love to hear from anyone who has experienced one who could tell me more and possibly guide me as to which one to choose

thanks Mizzy

christhear
28-09-2006, 12:07
We did the polar expedition as my son is mad on penguins. You go behind the scenes at Wild Arctic then over to a place where they have sone penguins. The penguin sits on a keepers lap and you can stroke it. This was only $16 so not bad value for money.

mizzy
28-09-2006, 12:23
is it very educational Christine, i would like to think that the children will get some learing from it?

Mizzy

christhear
28-09-2006, 12:52
Hi Mizzy

They give you lots of information re the animals and their habitats and there are quite a lot of things that you do not see normally. the kids would defineately learn something. It takes just over an hour so theres still plenty of time to enjoy the rest of Seaworld.

Jill
28-09-2006, 22:27
The first time we went to Seaworld we did one of the tours. Both boys thoroughly enjoyed it and we thought it was reasonably priced for what they got from it. The eldest is now a marine biologist.