PDA

View Full Version : disney family magic tour

mizzy
28-09-2006, 02:52
has anyone done this tour with their children and if so would you say it was good fun and well recommended

the website says it's an interactive scavenger hunt full of disney magic fun for the whole family

it's 2 1/2 hours long and costs $27 which i think is reasonable

i am interested to hear from anyone who has done this tour and your opinions

thanks Mizzy

millie
28-09-2006, 03:12
Found this review of this tour (and others) from the site I dm'd you.

by Annie Voss-Altman, October 2005

I want to recommend the Family Magic Tour as a wonderful way to finish your trip - no matter how many times you've been to the Kingdom. I'd read about it and thought it sounded like fun for my 3, 5, and 9 year olds. It was all that and more.

When we met our guide, Adam (who was fabulous), he told the kids that we were going on hunt for hidden Mickeys, then he was interrupted by a phone call from the Big Cheese himself, telling him that Capt. Hook's pirates were threatening to take over the Magic Kingdom and we had to help stop them. What followed was two and a half hours of great fun winding us through all the lands. At the end, we met Peter Pan and Wendy, and my youngest daughter (who thinks she's really Tinker Bell most of the time) was treated to a half hour of really being Tinker Bell, as Pan personally shepherded her through the Kingdom and she sat on his lap for Mickey's PhilharMagic. I wish I had a digital camera, so I could send you my picture of the two of them wearing those goofy yellow 3-D glasses!

It was a very magical moment for our family and a wonderful way to say goodbye to WDW. We loved it so much, we're going to try the Discover the Magic Tour at Disneyland this winter.

E. Cosgrove
28-09-2006, 11:21
Mizzy, we did the Backstage Magic Tour this year which is over 16's only.
This was brilliant and I think as with all things Disney, if the family magic tour is only half as good it will still be fantastic!!!:D:D:D

mizzy
28-09-2006, 12:26
Millie, thanks for the dm, it looks like lots of fun and something my children will not find too much of a problem

the youngest won't join in but he will still enjoy it, especially if daddy makes a fool of himself

Mizzy

KarenScott
29-09-2006, 10:43
sound good! is there lots of walking if we have the grandparents in tow[msnwink]?

mizzy
29-09-2006, 11:52
looks like 2 hours min of walking Karen but i'm sure they would accommodate a wheelchair user[msnsmile]