PDA

View Full Version : Xmas has arrived!

Cruella DeVilla
26-09-2006, 18:34
Well yesterday afternoon in the mid 90s with glorious sunshine I was browsing in Wal*Mart and amongst rows and rows of Halloween gear there were the Xmas decorations.............oh only a few weeks to go.

I am loving looking in the garage at our lawn and roof ornaments and counting the days til our Xmas trip so I can light up the neighbourhood.

Yeah when it comes to Xmas I transform[xmas1][xmas2][xmas1][xmas2] into a 6 year old!

chrizzy100
26-09-2006, 18:54
We don't have any Christmas stuff here yet...apart from in the Christmas Tree shops...I've just put up the harvest home and fall decorations...then Halloween...then welcome winter..then I'll think about Christmas...[msneek][msneek]

Cruella DeVilla
26-09-2006, 19:08
Xmas is never far from my mind Chrizzy!:D

steph_goodrum
26-09-2006, 19:29
CDV
I noticed that a couple of weeks ago and noone would let me bring home one of the new 8' inflatables:(

There were 2 I liked, one with the Carousel rotating inside and one with a Christmas tree rotating. At $90 I thought they were quite good value.

stabard
26-09-2006, 19:34
Yep the xmas cards and some decs are out in the shops here too :D

I just love all the xmas decorations - if we were arriving before xmas I would be going nuts lighting up the street but as we only arrive boxing day it is a little less as my MC puts the decs up for me [xmas2]

Now - must start writing my list and start the shopping [xmas1]

taylona
26-09-2006, 19:38
We came home from Florida at the beginning of September and went down to Tesco....and found the seasonal aisle with Christmas decorations, cards, wrapping paper, Christmas chocolates and Puddings etc. Next door in M&S they had cards and decorations..............[xmas1]

ShirleyD
26-09-2006, 19:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taylona
We came home from Florida at the beginning of September and went down to Tesco....and found the seasonal aisle with Christmas decorations, cards, wrapping paper, Christmas chocolates and Puddings etc. Next door in M&S they had cards and decorations..............[xmas1]
[/quote]
I always thought that too early, but my friend from Dubai is over this week and at least she can take back the advent calenders, cards and Xmas choccies, so she will be pleased!!

chrizzy100
26-09-2006, 20:03
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
CDV
I noticed that a couple of weeks ago and noone would let me bring home one of the new 8' inflatables:(

There were 2 I liked, one with the Carousel rotating inside and one with a Christmas tree rotating. At $90 I thought they were quite good value.
[/quote]

We have a blow up winnie the poo for Halloween...and would like one with a Carousel for Christmas......its hard putting up Halloween stuff because we have wind storms in Oct...I'm forever hunting for my witches they just fly off down the road...[msnscared]

chrizzy100
26-09-2006, 20:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla
Xmas is never far from my mind Chrizzy!:D
[/quote]

We got out of 'doing' Christmas for a while...we were always traveling Christmas time...I'll have to do a lot more this year for my grandson...he just loves the scarecrows I have in the garden right now...so he is going to love Halloween this year...I always go overboard for that.....[msnsmile]

Keep the sunshining in FL CV...this time tomorrow I'll be on my way...

LiesaAnna
26-09-2006, 22:15
anyone wanna share some pictures!!
should've been going on thursday![msncry] but have to wait now for another 11 months and 24 days or so!

hope your having loads of fun, wish i was there to!
have a good time xx

MTP
27-09-2006, 01:41
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
...I'm forever hunting for my witches they just fly off down the road...[msnscared]
[/quote]

Is this because you live close to Salem and they are homing witches? :D

george
27-09-2006, 03:33
We need to order a christmas tree because we are arriving late on Christmas Eve. We really want a pre decorated one that can be delivered any ideas where we can order one from ?

Pamela

Cruella DeVilla
27-09-2006, 05:58
Well, Xmas is everywhere not just the big W, I bought some bits today that I have to hide from Mr CDV but where I am going to hide a large polar bear with a scarf and skiing I don't know:D.

Pamela, lat year those ready made pop up trees you ould get from
www.Domestications.com

Chrizzy, didn't know you were coming down, how long for?

chrizzy100
27-09-2006, 06:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by MTP
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
...I'm forever hunting for my witches they just fly off down the road...[msnscared]
[/quote]

Is this because you live close to Salem and they are homing witches? :D
[/quote]

Could be...never thought of that......:D:D

chrizzy100
27-09-2006, 06:03
Well, Xmas is everywhere not just the big W, I bought some bits today that I have to hide from Mr CDV but where I am going to hide a large polar bear with a scarf and skiing I don't know:D.

www.Domestications.com

[/quote]

about 15 days...this time I hope for a holiday...no painting gardening or anything...I wish....[msnsad]

I saw this site and thought you may like a look....
www.victoriantrading.com

Cruella DeVilla
27-09-2006, 06:08
Cool, like I need encouraging! Still I need a new broomstick[}:)]

Mayve we could hook up for a drink or 15?

chrizzy100
27-09-2006, 06:22
Cool, like I need encouraging! Still I need a new broomstick[}:)]

Mayve we could hook up for a drink or 15?
[/quote]

We could....I'll send you my number...my phone in FL is not set up to make all outside calls...
My daughter spent 17k in the funiture part this afternoon...all in her head mind you...some lovely stuff there...

george
28-09-2006, 03:52
[quote]Originally posted by Cruella DeVilla

www.Domestications.com

Thanks for that Jacqui. I had a quick look and there is one o n there that would do nicely. As we don't arrive until Christmas Eve we need something really quick to put up.

Cruella DeVilla
28-09-2006, 18:27
Glad to be of service Pamela[xmas2]

andrewmckay5
08-11-2006, 20:56
You can always check out the Rotonda lights if you are visiting the Gulf:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/andrewmckay5/2006118165615_xxmas.JPG

LiesaAnna
08-11-2006, 21:12
Andrew, theyre lovely!!! just what i need to get me in the mood![msnwink]

Ray&Sarah
08-11-2006, 22:22
What lovely Christmas lights, just need to get into a Christmasy mood now.[msnsmile2]