PDA

View Full Version : SEAWORLD - NEW WATERPARK?

Elaine62
26-09-2006, 12:32
Last year I read that Seaworld were building a new water park (Adventure Island) next to them which would open in 2007. I've had a look on the web and can't find anything else about it, anyone know if it is being built, when it will open?

Elaine

CERICROWLEY
26-09-2006, 12:37
When we wer over in the summer, the ground was cleared, all but one structure, and no building work has started, I would imagine it would be 2007 before it is ready

christhear
26-09-2006, 13:01
If you go on Journey to Atlantis you get a good view of where it is going to be. Don't think that they had started buiding yet.

steph_goodrum
26-09-2006, 13:40
"(7/18/05) SeaWorld Orlando confirmed to the Orlando Sentinel this week that the new project they are planning across International Drive will indeed be a new high end waterpark. They say that this will be a “naturalistic water park” that will include experiences with animals as well as water rides. They even issued a piece of concept art showing off one of the park’s new signature attractions, a clear acrylic waterslide tube that will go through a lagoon full of Commerson’s dolphins. They also say that the park will be designed with the guest experience in mind and a “focus on very short lines.” Once final approval is given from Orange County, they will start construction sometime in 2006 and have the park open in 2007."

The opening date has been put back to March 2008 to tweak a bit more apparently.

CarolAnn
26-09-2006, 14:14
Certainly something to look forward to:) They never get complacent at the major Orlando attractions do they:) I will look out for any details when next over.