PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

ida
26-09-2006, 02:46
Any ideas on the best park to visit for new years eve. We have 9,13 and 14 year olds with us.We were thinking of Epcot. Starting out very early and staying all day. Any suggestions please

Kazzie
26-09-2006, 02:59
If you do a search on the forum for New Years Eve, you will find lots of ideas. Regardless of the ages of your children, I would think it would be very tiring to start very early and stay unil midnight though. That is just my opinion though as I have never been to the parks at New Year.

Karen

pepsi
26-09-2006, 04:55
We have been to both Magic Kongdom and Epcot at New Years Eve - starting early and staying until midnight. We thoroughly enjoyed both parks but if we had to chose one I would say Epcot. The parks are very busy at New Year and with Epcot being larger it didn't seem quite as crowded.

CERICROWLEY
26-09-2006, 12:41
Been to Epcot twice for New Years Eve. The parks do fill up early and quickly, so it is advisable to if you can to do it all day, Epcot is a great place, and we thoroughtly enjoyed it, They have a disco area and the park is a lot bigger to move around.

MTP
26-09-2006, 16:42
We have done MK twice on New Years Eve, the first year we managed to get in after being turned away at the parking by going to Epcot and then going on the monorail [8D], but at 9.00pm the heavens opened and we eventually decided not to wait around. We did go on the flying dumbos and the mad hatters tea party as we were soaked and going home by that stage and how often do you just get to walk straight on to the flying dumbos!

The following year we were going to definitely to MK, so we headed in early and got into the park. We also had my mum with us that day. It was a VERY long day, at about 5pm they started giving out hats and hooters, which was not so much fun for us as we were all flagging by that point and the park was really busy. We were also pushing one of the double rental strollers around and it made navigation through the crowds a nightmare, especially while trying to bypass a parade crown, etc. In saying that the atmosphere was fantastic, we had booked a meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern (don't go without booking PS for meals). The meal was at about 8.30 and that picked us all up again. The kids crashed in the buggy at about 11 pm and we waited for the fireworks around the town square area - they were amazing and the show was dupplicated over the lake, as well as behind the castle, so there was no way to miss it. The queue to get out was obviously slow and long.

Would we do it again, probably not, but equally we wouldn't not to have done it just the once!

In saying that we are thinking of going to MK on New Years Day this year as Splash Mountain will be closed from the 2nd Jan and we will miss it otherwise.[msnsad]

Maz
26-09-2006, 21:22
Hi - we got to Epcot about 11 am last New Year's Eve. It was busy - but it was fantastic. Would definitely go again if we get chance to spend new year in orlando again.

freddiehollie
26-09-2006, 22:21
Epcot for us as well [msnsmile2][msnsmile2] As aready stated it will be very busy, but we find it easier to get around in the crowds, with lots of route's round the park. Will be there this Christmas and New year can't wait [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

brizzle
28-09-2006, 15:06
Not done it before but this year we will be going to EPCOT and eating in Germany.
I'm hoping the different countries will do something when midnight hits in the associated timezone, 7pm for the UK etc..

We find EPCOT easier and more relaxed to get out at the end of the night when it's busy, MK can be a pain when you have to get across/around the lake in crowds so I think we'll avoid that one.

george
29-09-2006, 03:56
Does anybody know what the locals do to celebrate New Years Eve? I'm not sure that I want to crowd around theme parks but would like to find a good bar maybe and celebrate with sone locals ? A couple of years ago we went to Randys for NYE and it was good fun but we would like to try somewhere else this time.

nicseg
29-09-2006, 16:44
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
If you do a search on the forum for New Years Eve, you will find lots of ideas. Regardless of the ages of your children, I would think it would be very tiring to start very early and stay unil midnight though. That is just my opinion though as I have never been to the parks at New Year.

Karen
[/quote]
I agree with Karen here. We like to get in earley, back to the villa for a rest then back to the parks untill late.[8D]

MTP
30-09-2006, 03:07
The last couple of NYE's we went to Celebration and ate at the diner (all the restaurants were booked with lots of family groups). The diner is really good value and an excellent place for a casual meal. Lots of Celebration locals about and the fun of the snow on the hour, every hour. Then head back to the villa and let the kids crash and watch the celebrations on TV.