PDA

View Full Version : VISA renewels......

CCollins
25-09-2006, 16:15
My hubby has just made an appointment to renew his visa (as he is not eligible under the VWP) - and has been told the waiting time for the new visa to be issued is between 5 days to 14 weeks!!!!! (plus 1 month wait for an appointment at the embassy!!!)

Heads up to anyone that needs to renew soon - 14 weeks for us takes us up the day of departure - so hopefully he will fall into the 5 day timescale!

mfairhurst
25-09-2006, 16:57
We had to go down to the embassy to renew our 6 months visa ,and did a weekend there ,When we arrived home sunday they had tried to deliver the visa day after ,So the postman came back monday and told us he tried to give it to us saturday we told him the story and we all thought it funny .It was the weekend and the embassy closed for RONALD REGAN funeral so trying to clear mail so may be when you have had your interview you get it day after in post .Allow a lot of time as our appointment was 10 .00am and we only got in the embassy at 12.00pm we were queueing outside as they were behind with appointments .we took all the details of bills from uk ie:utility water bill and lots of info about our villa . HOPE THIS HELPS
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ladypaula
16-10-2006, 21:19
my friend is waiting for her national identification subject access information (or something like that) before she applies for a visa , which has said could take up to 40 days. Bearing in mind that an appointment for a visa is currently 30 days waiting do you think she should book the appt for embassy now to try and speed things up. does anyone have any idea on the cost of applying for a visa is?

derek gibson
17-10-2006, 23:00
hi i have to renew my visa and get a subject access , and it has always taken at least 4 weeks and the cost for the interview was $100 per person hope this helps

ladypaula
18-10-2006, 01:55
Thanks for that info Derek. do you wait until the subject access is through before booking the embassy appointment. Do you pay in $ of £ ?? Do you have to apply yearly or are you likely to get a visa that lasts longer?

I can understand tourism being down with the hassell of getting all this sorted, but we love Florida too much not to go through it all