PDA

View Full Version : which is the best place to stay

mollymegan
25-09-2006, 02:14
Hi, We are thinking of going to the gulf coast April next year but not sure which is the best place to stay .Can anyone give me some advice .

andrewmckay5
25-09-2006, 03:17
Helen,
can you give us some idea of what your interests are and what you are looking for?
Also if its just adults or children that like the beach etc?
andrew

mollymegan
25-09-2006, 13:46
Hi There will be two adults and my daughter going .We were going to spend a week in orlando then a week in the gulf coast . We all like to shop and eat. It has been a few years since we have done a beach holiday so we want to be near the beach. We are also looking for some place that there is lots for a seven year old to do .

Albert the Frog
25-09-2006, 15:07
We've stayed in Naples in the past which is beautiful and good for for Shopping and Eating. We didn't go with Children that time though so not sure what there is for a 7 year old. I'm sure others will know.
The beaches on the Gulf are outstanding -picture postcard

If you're looking for something a bit more North then St Pete's is a typical beach resort (american typical that is)-good beaches, lots of places to eat and shop and probably more to do with a 7 year old.
I don't think that you can go wrong anywhere on that coast but as stated it depends on whether you want lively or chilled out-for me chill out in Naples or party (with a small p) in St Pete's.

dbrook
25-09-2006, 15:53
Have you looked at the Gulf Coast villas on this site? You can't beat staying in a villa and there are some beautiful ones on the gulf coast on these 3 sister sites below.

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

Ruth
25-09-2006, 17:03
We (including our children ages 6, 9 and 11) love spending part of each holiday at the Gulf coast at either Cape Haze, Rotonda or Port Charlotte. The highlight of each trip is when we rent a boat and go and find the dolphins[8D]

mollymolly
25-09-2006, 20:51
I know I'm biased [msnwink] butI think Rotonda West is an ideal place for a holiday with something to suit everyone. A villa will give you lots of room with added comforts. The pool is a big attraction for all including a 7 year old.

Rotonda is in a great spot being close to the Gulf Coast -most villas are 10-15 min drive from a beach, there is a park with children's play area, a good selection of restaurants and plenty of choice for shopping (Port Charlotte 15mins drive, Sarasota 45mins, Ellenton Outlet 1hour)

There is so much to do within easy drive: Sunsplash Waterpark, Mote Marine Aquarium, Babcocks Ranch, Busch Gardens, Evergaldes ... to name but a few!

Try a search for Gulf Coast villas on this site- there is plenty to choose from. Happy hunting[msnsmile]

Bernadette

andrewmckay5
25-09-2006, 22:22
Helen,
I can only back up what Bernadette has said ( including being biased:))
Our daughter is 4 and loves the area around Rotonda and the beaches.
Loads to do and feels more like the "real" Florida.
andrew

becbecs
26-09-2006, 17:30
We like Longboat Key - Sarasota, lots to do and fabulous beaches.

nicseg
28-09-2006, 20:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by becbecs
We like Longboat Key - Sarasota, lots to do and fabulous beaches.
[/quote]

Can't agree more - Longboat Key is just fab. Mind you, you can't go wrong no matter where you stay along the Gulf Coast..... Sue