PDA

View Full Version : E2 Visa Children.

Arby
23-09-2006, 23:15
This might be an interesting article for those parents who are thinking about taking older children to Florida under their E2 Visa.

[website link edited - sorry but you could DM it to anyone who is interested]

I hope this link is allowed. If not then I don't know any other way to bring it to the attention of this board.

flyrr100
29-09-2006, 17:38
I agree it's sad that families are torn apart. But the parents knew the deal when they moved here. And when a kid turns 21 he/she is considered an adult. If they care to stay in the USA then it's their, not their parents responsibility to take care of the arrangements. The kid is a product of a bad, but totally forseeable event.

esprit
29-09-2006, 20:00
Can you please DM me the link. Perhaps if there is nothing detrimental in this link, the administrators might allow if to be published as this is a topic of utmost importance to anyone who has emigrated or is thinking or emigrating to the US?

Flyrr, I usually rate your posts, but in this one your sympathy for anyone in the position of having their kids sent home at 21, knowing no one and with only US qualifications, is overwhelming and smacks of "we told you so". When I came here, the Dream Act had just been introduced and it was on the cards that such kids may eventually be able to get permanent residence. Unfortunately the Act did not go through in 2003 and was reintroduced in 2005 and still hasnt gone through. To say we all knew what we were doing is therefore not exactly true. Or may I say a sympathetic or useful contribution.

flyrr100
30-09-2006, 01:52
Ok. I take it back. I don't know anything about E2 visas. I hope they work it out.

Arby
30-09-2006, 02:37
I cannot understand why it was removed. It was a newspaper report and blog attached to it. It was purely for information and above all should have been available for everyone to read, hence surely why you have this open forum for discussion. Anyway Esprit, the DM is sent.

ShirleyD
30-09-2006, 03:25
My best friend lives in Dubai and boys have to leave there at 18 (unless they are still in full time education) though girls can stay and be sponsered by their father. Her son is now 18 and has come back to the UK. He is going to University in London tomorrow.

blott
30-09-2006, 04:11
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
Perhaps if there is nothing detrimental in this link, the administrators might allow if to be published as this is a topic of utmost importance to anyone who has emigrated or is thinking or emigrating to the US?[/quote]Unfortunately it has links in it which are not allowed to be posted on the forum. http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/rules.asp#rulesid3

esprit
30-09-2006, 07:47
I just read it and it isnt anything to do with E2s anyway, the Sentinel journalist who is Kelly Griffith and usually very good at immigration issues. was quoting the case of my good friend Sue Ward and her son Gavin who aged out but she put Sue down as being on E2, actually she was on L1 and her son aged out of a green card application. So another red herring Im afraid.

esprit
30-09-2006, 08:04
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by flyrr100
Ok. I take it back. I don't know anything about E2 visas. I hope they work it out.

[/quote]

You dont want to either, Flyrr, stick with your green card or are you a USC now??. I hope so too.

flyrr100
30-09-2006, 21:22
I've been a citizen since 1994. When I came over on my tourist visa in the mid 80s, green cards were relatively easy to obtain. I had a sponser and a mountain of paperwork! But within a year I was a legal resident. I can't even imagine what you guys go through now.

esprit
01-10-2006, 03:37
You dont want to either and it is getting worse not better..