PDA

View Full Version : discovery cove

blackpoolowl
21-09-2006, 00:38
hiya all just wondered if anyone has ever used 'american attractions' for discovery cove tickets. the price difference between them and booking direct is £70 (5 tickets)£133 each for the dolphin swim.

i am ready to book & £70 is alot of money for 5 tickets. if they are no good i have found the tickets for £139 aswell.

please help
thx in advance
terry

mizzy
21-09-2006, 01:24
cannot help you there as we booked direct but one thing to ask before you book elsewhere is

what would happen if you needed to change your dates or had to cancel altogether???

discovery cove themselves offer one complimentary change to your booking if you needed to alter the date and they have a really fair cancellation system where you can have all of your money refunded providing you let them know prior to 30 days of your actual swim date

Mizzy

wrpac00
21-09-2006, 01:40
I thought I had read on here before that you couldn't get discounted DC tickets.

mizzy
21-09-2006, 02:08
oh i think there's always an agent offering to undercut the price of a ticket

but at what cost?

probably no alterations, no cancellations and most certainly no refunds

personally before booking i would have to see the small print just in case i needed to do any of the above

and then i'd probably still book direct with discovery cove

Mizzy

MarkJan
21-09-2006, 09:12
We booked direct because the numbers are strictly limited. I do not understand how another company can obtain enough tickets to offer such a large discount.

View the following topics
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_3486.asp &
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_6916.asp

Enjoy your trip.

Rhosyn
21-09-2006, 10:59
I booked direct as well and it was a lot more than £70 each for the swim as well. I may be wrong but I thought you could only book direct may be worth looking into a bit more.

blackpoolowl
21-09-2006, 12:02
the price difference is £70 for the 5 tickets ....not £70 per ticket

mizzy
21-09-2006, 12:06
Rose
i read the original post to mean that would she save £70 overall for the cost of the 5 tickets

so £15 per ticket saving ,the post says that she has found the dolphim swim price for £133 not £70

and with DC direct at the moment it's showing at £148

it's a good saving but i still think the terms and conditions would need to be looked into

Mizzy

GrahamC
21-09-2006, 14:44
You would need to be careful, as the tickets are in your individual names, and you have to produce ID at reception before you can get in.

Rhosyn
21-09-2006, 16:39
Sorry misunderstood the post,

taffy
22-09-2006, 02:00
We swam with the dolphins on 05/09/06, we paid £179 which included our package for the day at DC.
We also had 14 days entrance to Busch Gardens and Sea World.
DC was one of our best days, well worth the money. The selection for lunch was chicken, salmon, lobster, then the usual burgers,plus desserts and drinks.Also not forgetting breakfast, which was fruit, yogurt, pastries and drinks
Snacks freely available during the day, just go up to one of the many snack huts around the park and help yourself to biscuits, crisps and drinks.
Regards
Taffy

Kazzie
22-09-2006, 03:56
I was also under the illusion that you can only book direct, so I would be very careful. IMHO if you could buy totally legitimate tickets for discovery cove cheaper than buying direct then surely they would be for sale on the park tickets option of this site.

Karen

Karen
22-09-2006, 20:11
You can book through other agents. I do.

florida4sun
23-09-2006, 14:35
Other agents do sell Discovery Cove. the reason why we do not is that it is a real pain trying to get peoples dates and there has also been a proplem with people not actauly been booked in when they get there. So for that reason I always direct people straight too the dioscovery cove site to book. The last thing we want to do is let people down through no falt of our own.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Kazzie
I was also under the illusion that you can only book direct, so I would be very careful. IMHO if you could buy totally legitimate tickets for discovery cove cheaper than buying direct then surely they would be for sale on the park tickets option of this site.

Karen
[/quote]

JoRo
24-09-2006, 00:32
we asked at ticket agents when there this month if they had discovery cove and non of them did them.
Joyce