PDA

View Full Version : another sat nav question

mizzy
20-09-2006, 13:39
this is probably a daft question but still have to ask

does the sat nav unit come with an adjustable volume control?

and will we have any problems hearing instructions with two noisy children in the car[msnscared]

my darling husband has also asked if he can request for the directions to be given in a calming, seductive female voice[msneek]

Mizzy

Linicia
20-09-2006, 13:48
Hi Mizzy

We have our own sat nav - it's a Tom Tom Go, the same make as hired from this site. Yes you can adjust the volume and have a male or female voice, with an English or American accent.

When we used it in Florida it was quite reassuring to have a softly spoken female English voice telling us where to go, or where we had gone wrong! They are wonderful gadgets, just watch out for her telling you to "Turn around where possible", or "Do a U turn". I keep answering her back when she says this and we know our own preferred route in the UK. I know we could switch it off, but we tried experimenting with different routes here in the UK in order to get used to it before using it in the US.

pieman790
20-09-2006, 15:50
We have a Tom Tom like the ones they rent out on this site and you can increase the volume to a high level. We have two loud young children and have no problem hearing directions.

LiesaAnna
20-09-2006, 21:45
yes we have a tom tom,i accidently turned it down last time we went out, it was funny, he thought his "woman" had dumped him!
recheck, guilty![msnwink]