PDA

View Full Version : Pool heat

AndyM
20-09-2006, 12:18
Hi all,
Just another question as regards April I know a lot of it is down to personal taste but when is pool heating usually required. We are looking to go late April. I have only been in the summer months before so therefore never needed it.[msnsmile2]
Thanks everyone.

jovi
20-09-2006, 12:22
We go again next July and we have paid for pool heat, as you say personal choice, my choice is I wouldn't swim without it[msncool] But that's me and my family.

Liesel
20-09-2006, 12:30
We normally recommend it between October and April inclusive, but it is very much a matter of personal taste. If the pool has a blanket you may well get away without it in April because the days can get quite warm. Last April was unseasonally hot and my guests actually asked for it to be switched off. :)

Liesel

MarkJan
20-09-2006, 12:59
Using our pool blanket but not the pool heater, we had our pool temperature up to 94 degrees. Hot enough for me.

Bookworm
20-09-2006, 13:43
We normally recommend it from November to March, but I have to say we tend to use it ourselves in April. It's nice for the spa if nothing else.

Joanne

pieman790
20-09-2006, 15:45
We normally go in May and always use the pool heater as we have small children. It goes down to your own preferance and budget.

heathercobbett
20-09-2006, 16:09
We offer it all year round and most guests book it

nicseg
20-09-2006, 16:35
This is a difficult one to call isn't it. The pool suits us at about 84f but we have had guest with us that have found it too warm. We wouldn't go in April without pool heating.
Sue & Nic

wrightbuxton
20-09-2006, 16:58
Hi Andy

could you speak to the owner of the villa where you are staying as you may be able to wait until you are over in Florida and see how the pool is for yourself and your party.

Sometimes home owners can arrange for their MC to put heating on for guests after they have arrived, some can even arrange for the heating to be turned on via a phone call (the wonders of modern technology).[msnwink]

We visited our villa this April and put the pool heating on a couple of times.

Julie

AndyM
20-09-2006, 17:17
Thanks for all the replies. I guess it is something to really consider if we do get booked for April. Still not a major concern as long as we get there [msnwink]
Cheers

Ray9
21-09-2006, 17:45
The recommended healthy swimming temp is 79f
bunch of woosies here .....lol

caroline
21-09-2006, 17:49
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Ray9
[/quote]

Maybe for polar bears[:O]

Snapper
21-09-2006, 19:37
[/quote]
You sure about that Ray?

I thought 80 was about as low as recommended temperatures ever got, and that was for competitive swimming and serious training. For more leisurely swimming activities, and especially for children, I thought you were looking mid-80s.

LiesaAnna
21-09-2006, 19:39
i like it hot hot hot!!!:D

nicseg
21-09-2006, 20:57
[/quote]

79f- Do you have to break the ice to get in[msnsmile2]

Linda r
21-09-2006, 21:07
You are looking at mid 80s for leisure centre swimming pools for public swimming sessions or swimming lessons. On the rare time when the pool heating has dropped at the centre I work at children have been shivering and lips turning blue. So there is no way I would get in a pool that wasn't heated to 85 or higher. Truth be known, I don't get in unless it is nearer 88+

Linda

Cowboy
21-09-2006, 23:29
Red Cross of America reccomends a max. temp. of 85 degrees. I cannot remember their exact reason but it was something to do with getting out of a warm pool to colder outside temp. affecting some part of the body.

Mike and Kath.

ellie
21-09-2006, 23:37
Have just returned from our villa and we had the pool heat on, despite temps into the 90's outside - the hotter it is the cooler the pool feels.

We would definitely recommend it for April. No question! I do not want to waste valuable swimming time inching my way into cold water. I can do that at the local swimming baths. I want to get straight in and enjoy the luxury of my own pool. Not sit shivering on the pool steps![msnwink]

Come on all the woosie's - stand up and be counted. :D

GrahamC
21-09-2006, 23:47
This April we had guests asking for it to be switched off as it was to hot.

I would wait until much nearer the time you go to see if it is needed.

jackie greaves
22-09-2006, 02:43
We were there in August and the outside temprature was over 100, but I still found the pool to cool to get in first thing in the morning. I like to swim as soon as I get up around 8am. So I switched our heating on. It's all a matter of personal taste.

Kazzie
22-09-2006, 04:04
We did the same this august too. When we were over in February though we had the pool heat on and the pool blanket made it just too hot![msnoo] It was like geting into a hot bath which really made it not refreshing. I know that sounds a bit daft but if you are feeling very hot it is nice to get into the pool to cool down.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jackie greaves
We were there in August and the outside temprature was over 100, but I still found the pool to cool to get in first thing in the morning. I like to swim as soon as I get up around 8am. So I switched our heating on. It's all a matter of personal taste.
[/quote]

Steve and Dawn
24-09-2006, 02:50
I must admit I like our pool to be warm, but not hot! You can't cool down from the florida sun if it too warm. We generally have ours at around 82.

ellie
24-09-2006, 03:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Steve and Dawn
I must admit I like our pool to be warm, but not hot! You can't cool down from the florida sun if it too warm. We generally have ours at around 82.

[/quote]

Brrrrrr! [msnscared]

You hardy young things![msnwink]

jovi
24-09-2006, 18:39
I had sent my villa owner an email asking about the pool temp.
I have received an email back informing me it is set at 90[msncool][msnsmile2] Very nice[msnsmile2] Can't wait.

orlandodaze
02-10-2006, 02:14
What ever about the pool what good is a cold spa? .

jovi
02-10-2006, 11:52
Me not got a spar[msnsad]

blott
02-10-2006, 13:36
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
What ever about the pool what good is a cold spa? [/quote]You can heat jacuzzi/spas separately from the pool usually - ask your home owner if it's possible.

orlandodaze
02-10-2006, 16:54
Guess what Blott? Iv already done just that.[^][^]

Lynne S
02-10-2006, 17:34
Olive, your spa is free standing on the pool deck so it will be possible for you to have just the spa heated. Sam & Amy have a beautiful home and I'm sure they will tell you more about the spa:)

blott
02-10-2006, 18:26
Ours is an inground jacuzzi/spa but it's also possible to heat it separately from the pool.

Glad you're sorted Olive, I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

orlandodaze
02-10-2006, 19:56
Thanks folks ,sad creature that I am I just live for my Florida vacation.[grin][grin]

lisi
17-10-2006, 15:59
You're not sad Olive - you are like all the rest of us - just existing until we can get into the Florida sun! And my arthritis bones sure do appreciate the warm pool - for me that is essential as I am in too much pain if I have to swim in cold water.

Lisi

nicseg
18-10-2006, 18:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
Thanks folks ,sad creature that I am I just live for my Florida vacation.[grin][grin]
[/quote]
Hi Olive
we are the same, we have a google countdown timer on our PC (Stands at 3 months, 23 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes, 28 seconds at this moment) and we always have the next trip booked as soon as we get home.
Nic & Sue