PDA

View Full Version : More car hire questions

ShirleyD
18-09-2006, 03:56
This is probably one for John

If I was to hire a car, could I have an American licence holder as another driver?

Also, my son has spotted on the internet (couldn't you have hidden it better [msnwink]) that 19 year olds can hire a car. Would it be possible to add hime for certain days of the trip or would it have to be for the whole period?

Mind you, I don't think his plans include us [msnoo]

JoRo
18-09-2006, 05:20
Shirley we asked about adding young drivers for some days only and Roger said they wouldn't do this.
To be frank having put our sons aged 21 and 23 on the insurance they have only driven when we have all been together.
I wouldn't rush to do it.
Joyce

roger
18-09-2006, 11:24
All the rental companies are very strict on not allowing US / Canadian license holders to drive, as this is a legal restriction, not one of their own choice, with severe penalties if they allow this.

As Joyce mentioned, 19 year olds can drive (with U-Save) but must be added for the full duration and paid for on arrival.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
This is probably one for John

If I was to hire a car, could I have an American licence holder as another driver?

Also, my son has spotted on the internet (couldn't you have hidden it better [msnwink]) that 19 year olds can hire a car. Would it be possible to add hime for certain days of the trip or would it have to be for the whole period?

Mind you, I don't think his plans include us [msnoo]
[/quote]