PDA

View Full Version : Help for first time villa renter

Fairground
16-09-2006, 00:10
Hello all I hope that you can help me.

We are looking to rent a villa in june 2007 for 6 people (3 couples) aunties/uncles etc one of whome will be celebrating their 50th birthday.

I have been given the task of sorting this out, so firstly I would like to ask what comunity/location would you suggest will be best for us given the following preferences.

All the members of the party are adults but we enjoy excersice such as walking and cycling.
We will be using some of the theme parks(tickets to be orderd from this website ofcourse)but we are not realy bothered about driving an extra 10 mins to get there.
Having said that we would like to be close to shops and resturants, not too far out in the sticks, as it would be nice to walk out to these if this is possible.

Any help pointing us in the right direction will be appreciated as the options are quite confusing for a first timer[msnsmile2]
the next step once we have picked a location is to find the right villa can anyone offer any tips on that!!

Thanks in advance Chris&Teresa

TonyBlenk
16-09-2006, 00:21
Hello.
Choosing your perfect Villa should be an enjoyable experience.

All the different communities will generally offer what you are looking for.
You can either view the exciting choice of Villas or send a general availability request off and see what offers you get back.

I'd start off with a wish list;
* number of bedrooms
* direction the pool faces
* community centre close by
* etc.

Each Villa owner will probably explain what their community offers when they reply back.

Enjoy!

andrewandcarole
16-09-2006, 00:35
You'll be spoilt for choice if you put an enquiry out through these 3 sites.

I agree with Tony - make a wish list and include it in your request.

Have fun planning your holiday!

Carole

mfairhurst
16-09-2006, 00:48
There is a lot of choice on the 3 villa sites to go for plus car hire and tickets
hope you enjoy your holiday .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

ShirleyD
16-09-2006, 00:48
As Tony says, most communities would have this. Try to pin down a wish list, have a think about what you would like to have in your villa and put this in the notes of a general enquiry. All three OV websites have different villas, so for best choice, contact them all.
Have fun!

dawn burley
16-09-2006, 02:51
There is a section on the home page of all three websites giving details of each individual community. If you like the sound of a community and it fits in with your requirements you could send out a general enquiry located at the bottom of the community info page specific to that community. Then you can view the available villas and decide which best fits the needs of your party. Have fun looking [msnsmile] For me the planning is all part of the holiday, I really enjoy it.

Snapper
16-09-2006, 03:39
Hi Chris & Teresa,

You've been given a tough old job there sorting out the perfect place to stay. Here are some ideas based on what you mention; by all means come back with more and more questions. The more you throw them out the more we will all happily try to answer them.

I'll start with your question about exercise. I know where you are coming from as I like to do much the same when over here. Cycling might be tricky as it will depend on whether the villa provides cycles for you; sadly most owners I believe choose not to due to insurance worries. I'm the first to agree that it's a sad reflection on things but alas this is the world we are in. Many, if not all, communities are great for a walk around. They are mostly very peaceful and quiet places and an evening stroll is just the ticket. Other communities have other things to offer. I'm out at our place at the moment and I swim in the big communal pool a few times a week. I can only really speak for Highlands Reserve as it's the place I know but we have tennis courts as well as the pool. This isn't meant to be a cheap plug; other communities have other facilities. Some have larger pool complexes, others have on-site gyms and exercise machines.

One idea that seems to work for many people is to find a handful of villas that you like the look of and then email the owners asking these very same questions. Ask the owners what their specific community has to offer and you'll start to get a view for the villas you like, and how they stack up against your wish list.

Have fun searching [msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
16-09-2006, 04:22
http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

i would do as suggested above, draw yourselves a wish list, and then put in a request and see what happens, there are many beautiful villas on this site and all verified owners, so you know you'll be getting the best!

Fairground
22-09-2006, 01:50
Thanks for all the replys.

I think that we are looking in the Sunset lakes area they seem to have good reviews, but having said that they are all very nice. Renting a villa is definately better than a hotel I can't think why people bother with hotels, when you spend a little time looking into the villa option it's so mnch better.

Thanks again Chris

dawn
22-09-2006, 02:17
I am biased Chris of course, but Sunset Lakes is a lovely community in a great location, you will have a wonderful time[msnsmile2]

Snapper
22-09-2006, 02:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fairground
Renting a villa is definately better than a hotel I can't think why people bother with hotels, when you spend a little time looking into the villa option it's so mnch better.[/quote]
Just wait until you walk in through the door Chris.

Shock and Awe!!! (In the nicest possible way) [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]

KarenScott
22-09-2006, 10:27
Chris
Don't only think of number of bedrooms but also how you want the beds figures do all the couples want doubles or twins? [msnembarrased] You never know!!
I'm sure you will be spoilt for choice:D

Macka
22-09-2006, 11:35
Hi Chris,

You'll hear it over and over again, but if you arrange your Villa through this site, you won't be disappointed I promise you (I'm a renter not an owner, I have no axe to grind). One thing that is difficult is getting a villa close enough to restaurants to walk to. There are none that I'm aware of that are within walking distance of more than one or two restaurants, the owners will put me right if there is one, so in my opinion, don't get too wrapped up in that. Expect to drive a few minutes when you want to go out to eat, and if possible, get two drivers on your car rental (free if booked through here) and take turns so one can have a beer if that's what you want.

I'd say the decision you need to make is where are the nicest walks, and there's some nice places for that.

Good Luck.

nicseg
22-09-2006, 15:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Snapper
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Fairground
Renting a villa is definately better than a hotel I can't think why people bother with hotels, when you spend a little time looking into the villa option it's so mnch better.[/quote]
Just wait until you walk in through the door Chris.

Shock and Awe!!! (In the nicest possible way) [msnsmile2][msnsmile2]
[/quote]

Agreed[msncool]