PDA

View Full Version : Titanic Exhibition

orlandobabe
26-02-2002, 14:59
Situated at The Mercado Village on IDrive just up from Pointe Orlando.

I haven't visited it as I'm not very fussy on going to places/exhibitions where a lot of people have died -I think I pick up a lot of 'vibes'.

It costs about $18 per adult to visit it and from what I'm lead to believe that they have re-created the inside of the ship and have 'actors' re-creating the story.

What I found rather macabre when I was reading about it -is that on your ticket you are given the name of a passenger-and you find out at the end whether you survived or not!

Now that does send shivers up my spine!

Orlandobabe

bonnie
31-05-2002, 19:34
I did go to the museum for the Titanic.....it was interesting, but at the end it was very eerie I survived and my husband didn't. I actually wanted to cry!!! The actors did a good job. You went in on a good note and out on a down note. It was total of about an hour. The artifacts were great, some from the ship itself and some made to reflect what they would have had. Some letters, journals etc.... I think I would do it again. Bonnie

imported_n/a
17-09-2002, 04:14
"Titanic -- Ship of Dreams is not quite ready to set sail from its International Drive location in Orlando, after all.

The attraction featuring artifacts from the doomed ocean liner had been considering finding another site or taking the show on tour by this fall because of a lack of business at the Mercado Mediterranean Village.

But representatives of Titanic said this week that they plan to keep it at the shopping and dining complex at least through the end of the year. It opened in 1999, billing itself as the world's first permanent Titanic exhibition.

General Manager Paul Burns said he is "still talking" with Mercado about the possibility of renewing the lease after Dec. 31, and he is counting on an expanded artifact display to help boost attendance between now and the end of the year.

More than 120 new artifacts have been added in recent weeks, including a Titanic life jacket, one of three surviving envelopes with an on-board Titanic postmark, and an Egyptian talisman carried by passenger Margaret Brown, one of the survivors who became known as "the Unsinkable Molly Brown." "

Through Dec. 31, Florida residents get $5 off regular admission, which is $16.95 for adults, $11.95 for children 6 to 12, and free for 4 and younger.

athurstance
17-09-2002, 15:06
Sounds a bit creepy to me. When we went round the underground hospital in Jersey they give you a passport with a name on it and at the end you find out what happened to them. I found it rather disturbing really.
My kids are very keen to take a look at Titanic though so we will probably go - I don't think it will worry them at all if they all 'drowned' it is just me who is the soppy one.

Angela

esprit
17-09-2002, 21:02
Did you know you can get married at the Titanic Experience?? Now that is seriously weird. Missed out on that one, Orlandobabe!!!

Julie Carty