PDA

View Full Version : Another Sat Nav Question

Homer
14-09-2006, 20:06
Last minute thinking

Is it worth it for 2 weeks

I think it would stop a few stressful moments!

Would welcome any one elses views if they have used one from here.

7 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!

solanasunshine
14-09-2006, 20:14
We were so impressed with the sat nav we hired from this site that we bought one for ourselves!
Definitely helps with the stress levels!

jovi
14-09-2006, 20:15
We are only going for 2 weeks and we are definately going to hire one and so is my brother.

Albert the Frog
14-09-2006, 20:19
Because I would use it in the UK as well I bought one rather than hire but of course also had to buy the US maps.
Being a bit of a techno phobe I didn't do it properly and therefore couldn't use it in the States-doh!
Moral being I suppose is that if I'd have hired one then a phone call would have sorted it whilst I as out there--anyway if you do decide to buy remember that the US maps can cost around £100 extra.

Sniff
14-09-2006, 20:20
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Homer
I think it would stop a few stressful moments!
[/quote]
It does that at home as well as on holiday :D Buy one!

Magical Dreams
14-09-2006, 20:23
There's plenty around now!

We have the Tom Tom 300 and love it!

Well worth hiring

LiesaAnna
14-09-2006, 20:28
hubby has the Tom Tom 300, how and what do we do to get the USA maps

Sniff
14-09-2006, 20:28
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Albert the Frog
Because I would use it in the UK as well I bought one rather than hire but of course also had to buy the US maps.
Being a bit of a techno phobe I didn't do it properly and therefore couldn't use it in the States-doh!
Moral being I suppose is that if I'd have hired one then a phone call would have sorted it whilst I as out there--anyway if you do decide to buy remember that the US maps can cost around £100 extra.
[/quote]
Depends what you need. I have a TomTom GO and maps of SE USA cost 59 Euros with free updates for 12 months. It covers Tennessee (TN), North Carolina (NC), Mississippi (MS), Alabama (AL), Georgia (GA), South Carolina (SC) and Florida (FL). The state of Louisiana (LA) is partially covered (including New Orleans).

If you only need a very specific region (eg St Petersburg) you can download maps for as little as 4.95 Euros.

Sniff
14-09-2006, 20:33
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
hubby has the Tom Tom 300, how and what do we do to get the USA maps
[/quote]
LiesaAnna, you can download them from here

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/services/mds.php

Either use the drop-down menus to select maps of cities, or scroll down the page for maps of larger regions. As I said, I found the SE USA map the best, as the city maps tend to be a little too small to cover what I needed in Florida.

You need to use the TomTom HOME application to install them, and as I said you get free updates for a year (HOME will automatically check each time you connect your GO).

LiesaAnna
14-09-2006, 20:37
Thanks Keith, looking into it as we speak, xx:)

Magical Dreams
14-09-2006, 20:46
Liesa

Becareful though, downloading them will only be part of Orlando.

To buy the full map of the USA is around £110.