PDA

View Full Version : Cheap car hire

davidrodgie
13-09-2006, 22:22
Hi we are flying into sanford on a trip for 3-4 weeks and need car hire for that time does anyone know of companies that would do a good deal.[sporty]

ALR
13-09-2006, 22:24
We've hired ours from this site.[msnwink] Very good rates.

ALR

ShirleyD
13-09-2006, 22:36
http://www.floridahire.com/

I am airline staff and mostly even a good 'airline discount' dosn't beat these prices. Also, they are so flexible with no charges for changes which many companies will do

shenon
13-09-2006, 22:59

Can't beat these and it is a great service:)

Pegasus928
14-09-2006, 01:56
You wont find better than from the above mentioned link.

Top service

Pegasus

LiesaAnna
14-09-2006, 02:53
have tried others but found we couldnt beat these!

Sniff
14-09-2006, 13:09
Personally I don't find www.floridahire.com any cheaper than the other car rental companies.
I need a 7 seater minivan for 11 days next April. Using floridahire Dollar quoted me 316 GBP and Alamo quoted 340 GBP. I have a Hertz Gold Club membership so I tried Hertz, and they quoted 487 Euros (329 GBP) so pretty much bang in the middle of the other two quotes. As I get points using my Hertz account, I booked with them. I know Dollar/Alamo include a tank of fuel, but that's not a huge amount on 300+ pounds, and I don't need unlimited drivers.

I'm not saying that floridahire is not good, or even the cheapest for some bookings, I'm just saying you should look around. As with airlines, the biggest names are not always the most expensive.

roger
14-09-2006, 14:09
As well as the fact we are still cheaper than Hertz based on your quotes, bear in mind the tank of fuel on a 7 seater will be charged at around $80 from Hertz (approx £44) so that's already £57 more than our price with Dollar. I appreciate that your main factor however was the fact you earn points from Hertz, so that would likely explain the reason for you preferring to spend more.

Then take in to account the other things we include in our price (I'm not saying Hertz dont include these, as I am not sure of the package you have). We only require £25 deposit, then the balance shortly before you travel, price includes excess waiver, cancellation and amendment protection and also use of the Dollar Express service etc.

It sounds like you dont need extra drivers, but Dollar also include a second driver in with their Silver package from us and unlimited drivers on the Gold package.

It's possible there may be the odd cheaper quote elsewhere, but you also need to look at what exactly is included, and the quality of the rental company used (e.g. we can offer certain other rental companies who maybe margially cheaper, and we'd make more money, but we know the service is not so good).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Sniff
Personally I don't find www.floridahire.com any cheaper than the other car rental companies.
I need a 7 seater minivan for 11 days next April. Using floridahire Dollar quoted me 316 GBP and Alamo quoted 340 GBP. I have a Hertz Gold Club membership so I tried Hertz, and they quoted 487 Euros (329 GBP) so pretty much bang in the middle of the other two quotes. As I get points using my Hertz account, I booked with them. I know Dollar/Alamo include a tank of fuel, but that's not a huge amount on 300+ pounds, and I don't need unlimited drivers.

I'm not saying that floridahire is not good, or even the cheapest for some bookings, I'm just saying you should look around. As with airlines, the biggest names are not always the most expensive.
[/quote]

Sniff
14-09-2006, 15:42
Dollar was cheaper, Alamo were more expensive.

However, I agree absolutely with your comments, and there have been times when I've found that floridahire are the cheapest. All I wanted to point out was that people should look around - deals change fast in this business, and what was cheapest last time might not necessarily be so this time. People were making comments that effectively amounted to "it's not possible to get car hire cheaper than floridahire" and in some cases I don't think that's true. But human nature means people tend to stick with what they know, and feel comfortable with.

I work in the global reservations industry, so my access to what deals are out there is probably better than most peoples, and you'd be surprised at what deals you can find if you look around sometimes.

Magical Dreams
14-09-2006, 15:46
We've used the link above ever since we discovered it!

Carolyn does a great job for us everytime.
We've even changed cars at short notice and its not been a problem!
No penalties either.

Service is second to none and we can even use our Dollar Express card!

Our next 2 trips are also using www.floridahire.com

To us, recommendations mean a lot, and we recommend them to all our guests and family & friends.
Price is not everything but their service is second to none (their prices are hard to beat)

stuart
14-09-2006, 17:10
We can't praise Florida Hire enough[clap]

The service they provide is second to none. No more so than when our daughter and her boyfriend hired a car through Florida Hire. Unbeknown to them, and in cahoots with Roger[msnwink], we upgraded their car to a convertible. The look on their faces when they collected it was priceless - worth every penny although not too many of them were needed[msnsmile2]

We know who we'll be going through when we next hire a car.

Many thanks to Roger.

roger
14-09-2006, 17:19
Glad the surprise worked out as planned! I had visions of a mix up between their original 'standard car' voucher and the surprise Convertible voucher you had tucked away, and them ending up with the wrong car. They must have been really pleased!

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by stuart
We can't praise Florida Hire enough[clap]

The service they provide is second to none. No more so than when our daughter and her boyfriend hired a car through Florida Hire. Unbeknown to them, and in cahoots with Roger[msnwink], we upgraded their car to a convertible. The look on their faces when they collected it was priceless - worth every penny although not too many of them were needed[msnsmile2]

We know who we'll be going through when we next hire a car.

Many thanks to Roger.

[/quote]

rosie
14-09-2006, 17:46
As with everything, price isn't the only criteria that keeps us booking with floridahire over someone else, service that is second to none and the flexibility and extra's that this site provides are hard to match anywhere else [msnsmile2]

florida4sun
14-09-2006, 17:57
Sorry you lost me, why would someone who does not need the points want to pay more but get less? Or have I missed something. With fuel you will be paying more than both quotes from floridahire. On top gold club costs $50 to join. The only real advantage of this is fastrack which is free from dollar.
I agree that people should shop around but it does not make sense to pay more for less.

[/quote]

Sniff
14-09-2006, 18:24
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
Sorry you lost me, why would someone who does not need the points want to pay more but get less? Or have I missed something. With fuel you will be paying more than both quotes from floridahire. On top gold club costs $50 to join. The only real advantage of this is fastrack which is free from dollar.
I agree that people should shop around but it does not make sense to pay more for less.

[/quote]
[/quote]
Look, I simply said there are other car hire companies out there that also offer good deals, which might in some circumstances be better, and that floridahire wasn't the cheapest in the world, which was what was being implied by some posters. It depends on your personal circumstances and I like to earn the Hertz points, OK?

Sorry, I forgot that it wasn't allowed to hold viewpoints other than those expressed by this site ;)

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-09-2006, 18:53
I'm not sure why you think that as it's totally untrue [msnsad].
Sorry, I forgot that it wasn't allowed to hold viewpoints other than those expressed by this site ;)
[/quote]

Sniff
14-09-2006, 19:58
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I'm not sure why you think that as it's totally untrue [msnsad].
[/quote]
[/quote]
Joke :D:D:D

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-09-2006, 20:07
I knew you would say that [msnwink]. Can't say as it's one that made me laugh though - I had more of a perplexed look on my face when I read it [msnwink].

Joke :D:D:D
[/quote]

Sniff
14-09-2006, 20:17
Why? Because I have a mind of my own? Seriously, what's the problem? OP asked for cheap car hire recommendation, everyone said floridahire, I said look around. Is that such a big deal?

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
14-09-2006, 20:22
I was joking [msnwink]

FYI the perplexed look was in regard to your "Sorry, I forgot that it wasn't allowed to hold viewpoints other than those expressed by this site" comment. I have no opinion on your repeated attempts to tell people the obvious - that they can shop around for car hire [msnwink].

I'm locking this thread now as it's run it's course and I do not see the point in people having to see you repeat yourself time and time again [msnwink].

And before you say it, this is not an attempt at censorship, it's because this discussion is getting tedious and is now adding nothing of value to the forums [msnwink].

Why? Because I have a mind of my own? Seriously, what's the problem? OP asked for cheap car hire recommendation, everyone said floridahire, I said look around. Is that such a big deal?
[/quote]

Magical Dreams
14-09-2006, 20:25
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk
I was joking [msnwink]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Now THAT is Funny!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D