PDA

View Full Version : Disney Hotels

jovi
13-09-2006, 00:35
Well not just Disney hotels really, any hotel, how do we get to go in and have a look around? Is it really as simple as telling the guard/security, that you are dining there?[msnsmile]

florida4sun
13-09-2006, 00:40
Just tell them you want to have a look around, they are open for non residents.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by jovi
Well not just Disney hotels really, any hotel, how do we get to go in and have a look around? Is it really as simple as telling the guard/security, that you are dining there?[msnsmile]
[/quote]

MTP
13-09-2006, 01:31
The Wilderness Lodge is quite amazing, here is a photo of the lobby with the Christmas tree in it:

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/MTP/2006912213115_Wilderness_lodge_lobby_small.jpg

maisie
13-09-2006, 01:40
We often go into the hotels for a meal they are no more expensive and it is a bit different. we do like breakfast at wilderness lodge

chrizzy100
13-09-2006, 01:49
Friends were saying they love staying at the wilderness lodge...the breakfast idea sounds interesting...

jovi
13-09-2006, 01:57
Wow[:O] That picture is amazing, I definetely would like to do this, especially The Animal Kingdom Hotel.

MTP
13-09-2006, 02:21
It is the detail and the theming in the hotels that is amazing. We have stayed at the WL several times and love the background music, the beautiful walk down to the pool, the animal tracks in the concrete, the geyser, the boat dock, the grand canyon fireplace, the spring in the lobby, the Lincoln Logs for the kids to play with at the restaurant, the ... ... etc ... - it really is amazing.

And for cocktail fans they do a lovely version of a Pina Colada with a dash of Chambourd in it - Mrs MTP's favourite!:)

I have to say that the WL is one of the less used hotels by UK holiday makers, so you do feel more like you are on holiday. Definitely our Disney hotel favourite and a great place to stay or visit.

CarolAnn
13-09-2006, 12:42
Have to be honest, we have eaten breakfast in the majority of the Disney hotels , and the WL was our least favorite. The theming was amazing, but due to the pine trees there are alot of bugs around the pool area, top breakfast was the character breakfast at the Grand Floridian, and we spent the morning at the hotel just soaking up the place, it was lovely, but too pricey to stay. In fact you can make visiting Disney hotels for a meal , part of your itinery!

dawn burley
13-09-2006, 13:11
We like to visit the Disney hotels for all the reasons already discussed and sometimes eat there, however I have never wished to actually board there. I prefer villas as you have breathing space, more privacy and you avoid being all "Disney'd out"[msnwink][msnsmile2]

jovi
13-09-2006, 13:17
Is there any sites I can go on to check out the menus for these hotels and prices? Do I just go on the hotels site? I love Disney and I love food[msntongue] So a great combination if we do this.

freddiehollie
13-09-2006, 14:03
We are working our way round all Disney Hotels. We stay there for
a few nights at the start of our visits. Just go in to have a look
round, then when we book we have good idea where to stay.
Animal Kingdom best so far, booked for Wilderness Lodge next year
will try Grand Floridian year after. They are all very friendly
and we have never been dissapointed with the food. [msnsmile2]

jovi
14-09-2006, 00:05
Hello again, I have been looking on the net at the dining experiences in the different hotels, there are three places I like the sound of, food wise anyway, especially with picky kids. Here they are, opinions would be appreciated.

Roaring Fork Snacks - Wilderness Lodge
The Mara - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Gasporilla Grill and Games - Grand Floridian

These are the three hotels I would be interested in having a look in, if we can combine it with eating, that's even better[msntongue].

CERICROWLEY
14-09-2006, 02:01
I don't know about WL and only been to 1900 far in the Frand Floridian.
Although the Mara is more a very casual diner, come take away service, burgers,pizza,salad, soup.

If you want to dine in AK then the best place is BOMA, but you will definetely have to book early, they are very busy, and the food is buffet style eat as much as you like. and have about everything to suit a lot of different tastes, and they cater for small kids with chicken tenders and macaroni cheese and fries.

Also a very good restaurant along the same sort of lines as BOMA is Cape MAy in the beach club, and they also have specialities in fish, lobster, etc.

chrizzy100
14-09-2006, 02:04
My daughter is a great fan of Disney hotels...she is a bit upset with me because I'm booking her brother and his girlfriend into one because our house will be full up in April......

palmvillas
15-09-2006, 02:52
We have stayed at the boardwalk quite a few times,it is realy nice to have a walk around on a night and there are a number of restaurants to choose from.It has a great family atmosphere well worth spending an evening i like to have a walk when i have had a meal and you can do that here.It is also a good place to see the fireworks from Epcot.

mizzy
15-09-2006, 13:33
if you're going to visit the grand floridian Vicki then i would highly recommend the character brekkie in 1900 Park Fare

and i've never been to Boma in the AK but plan to in march, will do my best to get photos for you[msnwink]

Mizzy

No Shoes
16-09-2006, 16:09
If you really want to push the boat out then Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge is superb. I do not eat meat but had no problem there. My husband and friends were equally impressed by their meal. Everything has a South African theme, including the wine. Definately one of the best meals we have had in Florida. Probably on a par with the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort.

Not a cheap night out - but worth every dollar!

mfairhurst
16-09-2006, 20:47
We went to disney BOARDWALK HOTEL and the gate man need a photo id and you can go into the hotel via reception and the boardwalk is full of cafes resturants ,Then we went onto the free boat to DOLFIN RESORT HOTEL and there is a few cafes in the resort and you can sit upstairs and pick a coffee up at the AMERICAN DINER no one asked us as we entered the hotel as the gate man had got your id ,It is nice at day or night there .Enjoy your holiday .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx