PDA

View Full Version : ice at Gaylord Palms

janny
12-08-2003, 13:54
There will be a seasonal attraction at The Gaylord Palms from Nov 25 -Jan 4 prices not know yet.
ATTRACTION DETAILS

“ICE!” is separated into eight breathtaking handcrafted ICE environments:

* The Grand Entrance: where guests are welcomed into this unbelievable world of “ICE!”
* Santa's Workshop: with elves who are busy making toys for good girls and boys.
* Mrs. Claus' Kitchen: brimming with Christmas delights.
* “ICE!” Slides: fun, interactive features for children and adults.
* Old Man Winter's Cave: houses incredible ice wonders.
* “ICE” Forest: home to playful polar bears and penguins.
* Cathedral of “ICE”: evokes impressions of majestic churches of old.
* The Nativity: the awesome grand finale.

“ICE!” marks Gaylord Palms’ first ticketed attraction offered inside the resort’s 400,000-square-foot convention center. The attraction is inspired by the popular “Fantasy In Ice” attraction at “A Country Christmas,” Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center’s annual holiday festival in Nashville. Following a wildly successful two-year run in Nashville, the attraction will be seen for the first time at both resorts under the Gaylord Hotels banner.

“ICE!” will be open daily during the holiday season and will be accessible on the Exhibit Hall level at Gaylord Palms, which is located at 6000 W. Osceola Parkway in Kissimmee. For more information call toll free (407) 586-2000.

Brad S
16-08-2003, 18:14
I saw some video footage of this and it looks AWESOME! The ice sculptures are enormous! This looks like something fun to bring my family to!

brad

tinkerbell
19-08-2003, 21:01
Sounds great!! I'll be adding it to my list of 'to do'!!!

tinkerbell
26-08-2003, 13:35
Called the Gaylord Palms last night to find out about tickets, and they were extremely unhelpful. The girl who answered my call was great, but when she put me through to reservations the girl couldn't have been less interested!

All I managed to find out was that ICE tickets can be pre-purchased or bought at the time of your visit. I still don't know about the price as she was so unhelpful I gave up and will call back later! I was trying to find out abotu any package that gave you xmas dinner and a visit into ICE.

Think I'll stick with the Animal Kingdom Lodge idea! Also spoke to WDW dining yesterday who were extremely helpful! It would seem that you can book your tables for xmas day dinner 90 days in advance and not 120 as posted elsewhere on the board!

In the words of Chris my WDW dining planner - "Have a magical day!"

floware
05-11-2003, 18:59
This link will provide you with the required information:
http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordpalms/things_to_do/IcePalms.cfm

Ticket prices:*
Adults: $16.95
Seniors (55 and older) $13.95
Children (ages 4-12) $7.95
Children age 3 and under are admitted free

*Ticket prices are not inclusive of tax.

MTP
06-11-2003, 00:46
Hi if anyone goes to this, then I would love to see a review as we are considering it as an option.

TandMe
16-11-2003, 05:46
I agree....If someone goes and checks this out, please let us all know so we can advise our guests who will be here over Thanksgiving and through December. Thanks in advance!

allyjack
06-12-2003, 17:08
Went to this last week with my sister and nephew- a break from the Christmas shopping trip !!.
Only takes about 30 minutes to do. You can purchase tickets online but we just got them when we arrived. A word of warning- charged $7 for car park too!! Don't know if you can get around this by saying you are eating at hotel.
Fantastic but bring gloves as it is hands that get so cold. Parkas provided are great and keep ou warm on the slides- they look small but 2nd one is very fast.
They give you voucher for free hot chocolate in hotel afterwards which we took up.
A great way to spend an hour or so. The video doesn't do it justice.
Alison

florida4sun
06-12-2003, 18:01
120 days is for resort guests. Just tell them you are staying there. Thats what I do.

Martin

quote:Originally posted by tinkerbell

Called the Gaylord Palms last night to find out about tickets, and they were extremely unhelpful. The girl who answered my call was great, but when she put me through to reservations the girl couldn't have been less interested!

All I managed to find out was that ICE tickets can be pre-purchased or bought at the time of your visit. I still don't know about the price as she was so unhelpful I gave up and will call back later! I was trying to find out abotu any package that gave you xmas dinner and a visit into ICE.

Think I'll stick with the Animal Kingdom Lodge idea! Also spoke to WDW dining yesterday who were extremely helpful! It would seem that you can book your tables for xmas day dinner 90 days in advance and not 120 as posted elsewhere on the board!

In the words of Chris my WDW dining planner - "Have a magical day!"

esprit
06-12-2003, 18:49
Albertsons are doing a $3 off voucher off Ice with a purchase of 24 Cokes. Be careful though as it only works if you have an Albertsons preferred card. I didnt and looked pleadingly at the cashier who gave me one anyway but, without the preferred price on the Coke, you are only getting around $1.50 in savings.

Karen
10-12-2003, 23:00
We went to "ICE" last night and really enjoyed it. Luckily we had gloves except my husband who never wears them, and he said he could have done with them.
Heres one of the photos I took

/forums/Data/20031210185839_ICE-004.jpg

tinkerbell
09-01-2004, 23:33
Wow! ICE! Was fantastic! The only problem was that we went out from our villa planning to do something different, so I was wearing a mini skirt and tiny flip flops!

I did have to elave early as my toes were literally painful!

Really really worth seeing if they do it again next year I have to say! I'll post some pics of my own tomorrow!

tinkerbell
10-05-2004, 18:50
Anyone know if they are doing this again this year?

blott
10-05-2004, 19:04
According to the link posted above, it looks like it as it's still in their special events page.