PDA

View Full Version : iced tea

chrizzy100
11-08-2003, 21:37
How many people now like iced tea after visiting America....? or even coffee.....

I always keep it in the fridge now.....a great drink on a hot afternoon on the deck.......:D

fiona
11-08-2003, 21:46
My daughter loves it. We first had it in Germany (where my father was posted) and we had access to a huge Canadian supermarket, and then again in Singapore.

I find it a bit sweet, and I am going to have a go and cooling down the Lady Grey tea that I drink with lemon rather than milk. Will report back on what that tastes like!

chrizzy100
11-08-2003, 22:03
quote:Originally posted by fiona

My daughter loves it. We first had it in Germany (where my father was posted) and we had access to a huge Canadian supermarket, and then again in Singapore.

I find it a bit sweet, and I am going to have a go and cooling down the Lady Grey tea that I drink with lemon rather than milk. Will report back on what that tastes like!

I like my tea sweet hot or cold.....and its nice with lemon...I'm not sure about iced coffee.....I had that in Boston I'm not sure I like it.....

pbensur
11-08-2003, 22:38
Most restaurants serve Iced tea without sugar and you can add it yourself to your liking. I don't drink any type of tea (you can tell I'm not British!!), but my husband loves all varieties. When I make iced tea for him at home, I use his favorite tea bags and let him add the sugar if he wants to.

fiona
11-08-2003, 22:41
Well my mother brought me up on milk and tea, believing coffee was bad for children. By the time she thought I was old enough to drink it I didn't like the taste of it, and still don't apart from the occasional one laced with alcohol!

pbensur
12-08-2003, 00:30
Same here - and I too have never developed a taste for coffee! I don't even know how to make it - if we're entertaining, my husband always has to make the coffee!

MTP
12-08-2003, 01:26
I hate missing my morning fix of coffe on work days, don't miss it on my days off or holidays, but on days I am working my brain is like porridge without it. In saying that on non-working days the caffiene fix comes from diet coke and diet Irn-Bru.

mikewj
12-08-2003, 02:37
They sold it in cans a few years ago in the UK under the name of Liptonice. I'd just started to enjoy it when they took it off the market !

I've seen it for sale in Publix and Walmart but have never tried the American version.

chrizzy100
12-08-2003, 03:08
quote:Originally posted by mikewj

They sold it in cans a few years ago in the UK under the name of Liptonice. I'd just started to enjoy it when they took it off the market !

I've seen it for sale in Publix and Walmart but have never tried the American version.

I buy ice tea in a can like real coffee..and make it up the way I like it.....:D

florida4sun
12-08-2003, 03:17
You can get it unsweetened. I cannot drink the sweet stuff but drinks lots of unsweetened
Martin

quote:Originally posted by fiona

athurstance
12-08-2003, 13:53
You can still get Lipton ice tea in the UK - it is in plastic bottles now. It is sweetened though - and flavoured - lemon, mango, peach. I quite like the lemon version.
I prefer the US version though which tastes just like cold tea - very refreshing on a hot day.
And I LOVE iced coffee - you need lots and lots of ice.

Kickstart
25-09-2003, 20:03
We had the worst iced tea I have ever tasted from the BBQ shack at Sea World. Dreadful meal, probably the worst one I have had in Florida

chrizzy100
25-09-2003, 21:20
quote:Originally posted by Kickstart

We had the worst iced tea I have ever tasted from the BBQ shack at Sea World. Dreadful meal, probably the worst one I have had in Florida

The BBQ place in sea world used to be good....lots of food and very cheap......:(

Tashmina
26-09-2003, 01:28
MMMM sounds nice...my Mum always drinks tea when it's hot...why[?][?] It always makes me hotter!
But a nice iced tea I'm sure would cool me down and if that don't there's always the Long Island Ice Tea!

LONG ISLAND ICE TEA

Equal parts of:
Rum
Gin
Vodka
Triple Sec
Lemon Juice
Orange Juice

Mix in a tall glass over crushed ice and add a dash of coke.

PS: Does anyone have a good recipe for Ice Coffee? ;)

Kickstart
28-09-2003, 18:02
The BBQ at Sea World, don't set me off...
We must of waited in the sun in line for about 45 mins to be served, there was tons of food, but it tasted disgusting, the kids wouldn't eat it. The iced tea had no sugar, so they wuldn't drink that either and when one of the kids put the drink on the table the slats on the table were so uneven it tipped all over one of our other kids. A nice family from NY comiserated with us as their child had just done the same thing!

And I've got video evidence!

chrizzy100
28-09-2003, 19:27
quote:Originally posted by Kickstart

The BBQ at Sea World, don't set me off...
We must of waited in the sun in line for about 45 mins to be served, there was tons of food, but it tasted disgusting, the kids wouldn't eat it. The iced tea had no sugar, so they wuldn't drink that either and when one of the kids put the drink on the table the slats on the table were so uneven it tipped all over one of our other kids. A nice family from NY comiserated with us as their child had just done the same thing!

And I've got video evidence!

You have to ask for sweeted iced tea in most place....we did the same thing in one place we had dinner....the tea was undrinkable....

Matt
01-10-2003, 23:43
I'm sorry for what I'm about to say to all of the above, but I have never tasted anything so disgusting as Iced Tea.....Ooowwww!!!

Proper tea is best...hot and served in a china cup:D:D

Matt

PS. Iced coffee is gross too!!!!

mr flibble
16-02-2004, 14:30
Raspberry iced tea is excellent but you`ll never beat Ginger Beer
"Arizonia" raspberry iced tea is available in cans :D:D
Ian

orlandobabe
16-02-2004, 15:49
You can get a lot of these 'teas' in Whittards in the UK. Usually fruit flavoured varieties. I put tea in inverted commas as I don't think they are teas at all just highly sugared drinks. But yes you can serve them cold.

Like Fiona-I like my earl grey with a slice of lemon- or Twinings type of fruit teas, hot with nothing added.

blott
16-02-2004, 16:05
quote:PS. Iced coffee is gross too!!!! No, it's wonderful! Especially the ones with a blob of ice cream in and a dollop of whipped cream on the top... [msncool] Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee is really good too (but comes without the embellishments!).

Newhomebuyer
16-02-2004, 20:14
There are very few things which I don't like which they serve in Florida but iced tea and iced coffee are still on the list despite 16 years of giving them a try when we are over there.

Pikey1999
16-02-2004, 20:31
Blott, saw this and thought of you..
http://www.hl280757.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/drunkenmouse.gif
Sorry!