PDA

View Full Version : Young Drivers Surcharge

Fran19
04-09-2006, 14:52
Hi Everyone

My son who is 22 has just booked to go over in a couple of weeks time and has been let down by his car booking agent. He had booked a convertible with either no surcharge or if it was included in the price, it was a good price for him. Their booking agents go through US Car Hire, who are very good, but he has now been informed that they do not have any convertibles for those weeks. Does anyone know of any other car hire firm who do not add a surcharge for under 25's please?

roger
04-09-2006, 15:30
This doesnt appear to be through our company, as we havent seen a booking for you. Which company was it from, and do you have any reference numbers? Also, booking agents do not go through us, so I'm not quite sure I follow what you're saying.

If you want to email the info to me at info@uscarhire.co.uk then we can take it from there.

wrpac00
05-09-2006, 15:41
U-Save do not charge a surcharge for young drivers but their rental rate is about £30 per week more than what you or I would pay.

I don't know if Roger deals with them but when I looked for my son for this summer they were the only ones I could find that didn't have a $25 per day surcharge for under 25's.

Sorry Roger, just noticed previous posting about under 25's[msnembarrased]

roger
05-09-2006, 17:53
Thats OK - our rates with U-Save are not that much more than Dollar, so a very good deal if under 25.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by wrpac00
U-Save do not charge a surcharge for young drivers but their rental rate is about £30 per week more than what you or I would pay.

I don't know if Roger deals with them but when I looked for my son for this summer they were the only ones I could find that didn't have a $25 per day surcharge for under 25's.

Sorry Roger, just noticed previous posting about under 25's[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

Fran19
06-09-2006, 17:37
Thanks Paul and Roger

I have passed details on to my son. It was his friend who was doing all the booking, with my son as a named driver too. They have not managed to get a convertible yet but are still trying.