PDA

View Full Version : Overall review of animal kingdom?

katotravel
11-08-2003, 07:51
Can anyone give me an overall review of Animal Kingdom. We are going with our 15 year old daughter in March. She is at the age where she is more into things like Spiderman The Ride, Water flume rides etc. Will we be disappointed in AK. Thanks Kato

florida4sun
11-08-2003, 08:13
If your looking for rides then yes. If you see the park for what it is then you will have a great. I think its the best park that Disney have built. What they have done there is simply amazing. Take time to talk with CM's about the animals and habitat.
It does have some rides and great shows. Thrill park it is not..

chrisj
11-08-2003, 12:14
Kato

We visited Animal Kingdom 2 weeks ago, Due to us being tired and it being a hot day
we only managed about 3 hours there before we decided to call it a day. From what we
saw it is a well layed out park, with lots of information on the animals and our kids
loved it. One chap there spent ages telling Emily all about the animals etc. We did
manage to see the Lion King show before we headed off home - fantastic show.

We are going to go back next year and this park is top of our list, It looked a great
,would suggest getting there as early as poss before it gets too hot, then the
animals will be out.

Chris

DMC
11-08-2003, 12:43
As highlighted above AK is a great park, it is well laid out and there is plenty to do for all ages.

In truth it is more relaxing than the other parks and a 4 - 6 hour visit should give you enough time to go on most rides that you and your family would wish to see.

There are a couple of good rides that your daughter ( and you )will no doubt enjoy, AK is not just for the youngsters / animal lovers - if you have the time then it is well worth a visit.

DMC

fiona
11-08-2003, 14:26
My teenage daughters (now 18 and almost 15) no longer want to visit AK. We have been twice and both times they were disappointed - might have been because both times was in height of summer so animals likely to be asleep. They enjoy Sea World and Busch Gardens much more, but their favourite park is Islands of Adventure which (weather permitting!) they could go to every day.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
11-08-2003, 14:43
We love Animal Kingdom - I adore the atmospheric music as you enter the park and just love the intimacy and closeness of the park.

Best rides for us are Kilimanjaro Safaris (best done as soon as you get there - before the animals become sleepy), Kali River Rapids (prepare for a soaking) and Dinosaur (we saw grown men coming out of there looking scared ;)).

athurstance
11-08-2003, 18:15
I love AK - I like just wandering around - it is one of the best Disney parks for just chilling out. The Tiger area is particularly great for this.
Although the rest of my family (boys aged 10 and 8 on last trip) quite enjoy it they wouldn't go out of their way to visit it apart from I always insist on at least one visit. Not enough rides or excitement crammed into a small space for them - still they love Dinosaur and that new whirly type ride (DH doesn't like it though as he has a bad back!!)
On a hot day you can't beat the river rapids (anyone who doesn't want to get wet should ride with me - time after time I am soaking and the only wet person in the raft!!!! - but I love it)

supersneak
12-08-2003, 02:06
Animal Kingdom was probably the park I was least looking forward to visiting on our recent holiday. I thought it was a most relaxed and enjoyable visit, and was one of the highlights of the holiday.[8D]

chrisj
12-08-2003, 02:37
Funny enough I sort of agree, we had a 4 park hopper ticket and only went to AK because we
had been to the others, I was very surprised how good it was

cd3000
23-08-2003, 07:38
NOt that I dont like the ANimal Kingdom I think its great but Disney should have made the main paths much larger very crowded specially in the summer especially with the parade my advice is get out of there before the parade or be on a ride that takes really long before it ends like the lion king or tarzan show the parade isent worth seeing when the parade goes on it will be hell trying to maneuver your family to find the exit of the park becaose of all the road blcoks for the parade. After 4 theme parks you think Disney would have perfected this how large they make the paths Epcot has the best layout.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
23-08-2003, 13:38
I'd disagree with the last post - we love the parade in AK and think it's one of the best ones - certainly streets ahead of the MGM parade.

Stand by the bridge into Africa and you get to see the parade twice :D

MTP
25-08-2003, 04:41
Have to agree about the parade at AK, it is our favourite, second to MK, the music is superb. We are biased, though, as AK is one of our favourite, a lot more relaxed that the other parks.

sunshine state
04-09-2003, 17:29
Yes Animal Kingdom is a great park and can be alot more relaxed but definately not relaxed in the months of July and August as the lines for Kali River Rapids and countdown to exstintion were massive.
As you are going in March it should not be to bad theres not that much to do there as i only spend around half a day there but its still a really great theme park.

mike

mikewj
05-09-2003, 01:40
Never seen the parade in AK....its either been cancelled, or we've left by the time it starts (we're not big fans of the park).

We'll have to make a point of waiting for it next year.

Dreamblooper
15-09-2003, 23:37
It seems you either love or hate AK. Our family thought it was pretty dull, though maybe we were "parked out". We thought the balance wasn't right, and that if you're going reality (with real animals) you shouldn't mess up things like the safari trip with corny storylines and actions. Real animals are dramatic enough, though the views of them were pretty disappointing on the day we went.

We also got so soaked on the rapids ride we were still wet when we got home despite temperatures in the nineties and our ride being first thing in the morning!

Its all a fantastic achievement, but for us it didn't quite reach the levels of the other parks - except Sea World which was dire and dated.