PDA

View Full Version : Levis Best Buys

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
26-02-2002, 03:06
If you buying Levis particularly 501s make sure you buy ones that are made in the USA if you can. Jeans manufactured in other countries are purported to be made under licence from Levis but we don't feel the quality of the denim is the same.

Look on the brown label at the back if it doesn't say 'Made in the USA' then they won't be. Inside label will tell you of country of manufacture.

We usually pick some up at Burdines they may be a few dollars more but quality counts. The outlet stores, and a surprising number of more up-market stores rarely stock US made Levis.

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

imported_n/a
27-02-2002, 14:32
Didn't know that about US Levis. We have bought at Dillards before and the quality was awful but I don't know where they were made, will look it up later! The one at Orlando Premium Outlets is good and had a great offer of two pairs for $55+tax last time we were there and these 501s have been great.

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
27-02-2002, 14:56
We've found the Levis store at the Premium Outlets stock a mixture of US made and non US made 501's. You have to look very carefully at the labels to get the right ones.

Perhaps you were lucky?

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

imported_n/a
13-03-2002, 20:29
Just checked out the good 501s - made in Turkey!! As with everything I guess it's potluck - I have bought Guess jeans in the US and they've been wondeful, but then bought more here in the UK - and they fell apart - Bought Guess T-shirts in the US and they shrank first wash!

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
13-03-2002, 20:53
We've always found the non US 501's to be a mixed bag but the US made ones to be consistently good.

It always makes us laugh to think that you go all the way to the USA to buy jeans made in Turkey :).

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas

mr flibble
21-02-2004, 18:50
Hi John & Sarah,
Where is Burdines,I haven`t heard of it[?]
Regards
Ian

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
21-02-2004, 21:36
Brdines is a large department store in the Florida Mall. You can get lucky with US made Levis's in the Levi's Outlet at the Premier Outlet Mall, but it's a bit hit and miss.

bellaepovera
21-02-2004, 22:10
Yes, many countries do that including Italy. Pay cheaper but you can tell that the quality is different. I think also Levis has the trade mark double stitch down the leg that no other jeans has but not sure on that.