PDA

View Full Version : Urgent advice needed

ali-uk
02-09-2006, 00:13
Hi

As some of know i have been on here a few times asking for advice for my holiday in Florida, i HOPE to be going in 20 days.

My hubby has a criminal conviction from 20 years ago for pinching pertrol he was arrested and fined he completly forgot about it till this week. As we are aware he should of applied for a visa months ago but we go in 20 days, i know it takes 4 months to get it sorted please help[msncry].

Robert5988
02-09-2006, 00:46
What advice are you requesting?

dawn
02-09-2006, 02:04
Have you tried phoning the embassy to explain your problem - you never know

ali-uk
02-09-2006, 13:12
Hi

Husband has now said that he checked his records years ago and the conviction was taken off he has no worries at all about it.
I have had a good read through the American Embassey website and its for 'serious' criminals.

blott
02-09-2006, 13:39
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ali-uk
Hi

Husband has now said that he checked his records years ago and the conviction was taken off he has no worries at all about it.
I have had a good read through the American Embassey website and its for 'serious' criminals.[/quote]Sorry but where does it say on the US Embassy website that it's only for 'serious' criminals (whatever they are)? I can only find this.

Important: Some travelers may not be eligible to enter the United States visa free under the VWP. These include people who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, those with criminal records, (the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to U.S. visa law), certain serious communicable illnesses, those who have been refused admission into, or have been deported from, the United States, or have previously overstayed on the VWP. Such travelers must apply for special restricted visas. If they attempt to travel without a visa, they may be refused entry into the United States.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/niv/vwp.html