PDA

View Full Version : Visa Attorney Recommendation

aster
30-08-2006, 23:34
We are out at the moment and were due to meet our visa adviser this week - our first meeting. Due to some kind of mix up we are here and she is in Europe and she is the only qualified person in her office.

Our MC has recommended another firm but they are in Miami and we really want to deal with someone local while we are here (Kissimmee). Can anyone recommend a local firm who will handle an L-1?

roger
31-08-2006, 00:01
I'm sure there will be mixed opinions on this, but having just been through the L1 process I'd definately do this with a Visa Attorney in the UK if you are going to be in the UK whilst this is being processed. I had several meetings and countless phone conversations during the process and found it a lot more convenient to be in the same country. You will find there is a regular flow of documentation that needs to be couriered back and forth too.

I'd be more than happy to recommend Blakemores Solicitors, based in Birmingham. They have a large immigration department and the contact there is Nilay Shastry. He is actually a New York visa Attorney but now lives and works in the UK. He was very impressive recently in a 1 hour live interview on Sky TV and is highly thought of here and in the US.

I know he's away from Monday for just over 2 weeks, but well worth giving him a try. They charge a flat fee and are a lot cheaper than many other less renowned attorneys. We had an initial phone conversation, then a 1 hour meeting to go over the options. Within a couple of days I received a report summarising my position and concluding that my case was realistic, along with the quote.

His email address is nilay.shastry@blakemores.co.uk and website is www.blakemores.co.uk

florida4sun
31-08-2006, 00:56
I used a firm from Miami (a very popular one) and they were useless.....

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by aster
We are out at the moment and were due to meet our visa adviser this week - our first meeting. Due to some kind of mix up we are here and she is in Europe and she is the only qualified person in her office.

Our MC has recommended another firm but they are in Miami and we really want to deal with someone local while we are here (Kissimmee). Can anyone recommend a local firm who will handle an L-1?
[/quote]

Frosty
31-08-2006, 02:23
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by aster

[/quote]
We are currently doing an E2 with a company that is based in the UK and US, if you like i can give you a contact number.

aster
31-08-2006, 18:00
Thanks for the replies. I'll skip the Miami one - probably not the same one but why take a chance?

Roger, I will contact Blackmores to see if they have anyone working on this kind of thing while Nilay is away. I was keen on getting something moving pretty quickly as we have the business lined up and part of this trip was to move forward asap.

Neil & Kay, if you could let us have a number that would be great. If we could get to see someone while we are here it would be really handy, especially if we could continue the process back in the UK.

Thanks again.

Frosty
01-09-2006, 01:45
You have a DM.