PDA

View Full Version : Ernesto

sundowner
30-08-2006, 20:36
From what I have read on-line in the sentinel, there has 'only' been a tropical storm and all of the worry (for this one) is over.
They say that the parks are open and no flights cancelled.

How is it for anyone actually out there at the moment? Hope you are all safe, dry and well fed.
Mary

trevlad
30-08-2006, 21:28
ernesto was a hurricane over haiti then was dropped to a trp storm. it has just been down graded again to a tropical depression which is great news for villa owners - winds are down to 35 mph, but the east side of florida could expect 5-8 inch of rain with 2-4 around celebration.

they say things can change all the time but at present they think it will then run out to sea and may gain strentgh again before landing again as a storm with outside chance of turning into hurricane, however, whatever this will mean mega amounts of rain up thru the carolinas and on new york area etc.

only a few internal flights are cancelled from orlando at present, but it hasnt arrived yet......

dawn
30-08-2006, 21:34
We had a bit of rain overnight, it is now warm with sunny spells, no wind - a big fuss over nothing really.[8D]

esprit
30-08-2006, 21:52
They are forecasting one inch of rain in Orlando. At the moment it is just a bit damp, I have seen worse weather in Manchester. A storm in a proverbial teacup.

chrizzy100
30-08-2006, 22:48
Well the ten years of bad storms ended last year...so lets see if the 30 years of normal storms are back again...

sundowner
30-08-2006, 23:07
Good to see it's all quite calm. I suppose after last year you can't be too careful, and they have to cover their backs !
I know that where our villa is being built, they had been told not to go to work today for safety reasons !!!

The rain will do some good after the drought anyway.

Thanks for the update.
Mary

The Simpsons
31-08-2006, 01:19
Its now 4:20pm and it's been raining on and off all day, nothing too much. The sky is now becoming very dark and the trees are starting to sway, it looks like we are ready to have the storm. We will keep you in touch!

LesleyB
31-08-2006, 02:12
Well it's now 5.08pm here and it's raining. Nothing much more than that, it's lovely and warm, a bit of a breeze and our neighbours next door have been enjoying themselves in their pool for the last half hour (despite the rain). Today was a good excuse for some retail therapy and a nice meal out at Olive Garden. So we are now spent up, full up and wondering if there will actually be a storm.

Genie
31-08-2006, 02:26
Good to hear it is not too bad for you guys over there, save some sunshine for us !!

Jo
31-08-2006, 05:20
It's now 8pm, its been rainy since about 3, but not heavy get soaked rain, just typical English rain. It's not even windy.

Our children find it really amusing that they have closed the local schools today , as I make them cycle 1 mile each way in much worse weather than this.:D:D:D

If no-one had told us it was a tropical storm , we would have just thought it was a bad afternoons weather.

The good news is the sun will be back tomorrow and I had a great afternoon at the outlets. There is ALWAYS something good to do in Florida.

Robert5988
31-08-2006, 12:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Our children find it really amusing that they have closed the local schools today , as I make them cycle 1 mile each way in much worse weather than this.

If no-one had told us it was a tropical storm , we would have just thought it was a bad afternoons weather.
[/quote]

Ernesto was a hurricane - then a Tropical Storm- but became a Tropical Depression and the centre was well to the East of Orlando.

Don't forget when they made the decision to close schools etc Ernesto was a Hurricane and the forcast track was to go into the Gulf, pick up speed and then come back inland and cross Florida close to Orlando.

Better safe than sorry!

The Simpsons
31-08-2006, 16:20
Well it turned out to be very wet last night thats all,no wind just plenty of rain!

dawn
31-08-2006, 16:46
8am here in Orlando, and it looks like it is going to be lovely sunny day - a lot of rain overnight which the plants and grass needed, but nothing more to report - a taster of what to expect when I come home on Saturday I expect[msnwink]