PDA

View Full Version : how long to wait

papaya
29-08-2006, 11:01
hi folks ,
has anyone had a e2 application back latelyand do they know why its taking so long to process ours has been in 20weeks now and still no word please help:(

florida4sun
29-08-2006, 17:09
There is a backlog on E2s plus sometimes you never here back fullstop!! Have you checkdd they have recived it, they 'lose' quite a few applications.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by papaya
hi folks ,
has anyone had a e2 application back latelyand do they know why its taking so long to process ours has been in 20weeks now and still no word please help:(
[/quote]

roger
29-08-2006, 18:22
Dont I know it - they managed to loose my L1 application, and luckily I chased it up 2 weeks after sending it, and they had no trace of it (despite me having the Fedex proof of delivery and a signature). I then had to put together the whole petition again and resubmit [msnsad]

The extra $1000 premium processing was worth it though, so at least once I resubmitted it, they approved it within 15 calendar days.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by florida4sun
There is a backlog on E2s plus sometimes you never here back fullstop!! Have you checkdd they have recived it, they 'lose' quite a few applications.

hi folks ,
[/quote]
[/quote]

roger
29-08-2006, 18:25
Did you file it at Texas?

If so, Texas are currently processing E2 applications that were submitted on 30th April this year, so looks like you wont have too much longer to wait.

hi folks ,
[/quote]

papaya
29-08-2006, 22:26
hi it was filed at the london embassy in march by our visa consultant who has delt with the embassy for some time so i hope its not lost she said that they have a staff shortage at the moment and thats the hold up on the embassy web site it says it takes 24 weeks to get a decision dose it matter what embasssy it is filed at or which country

roger
29-08-2006, 23:21
I might be entirely wrong on this, as I went for an L1 visa, but I think with E visa's it is the same - You can not file your petition at an Embassy, and just through one of the 4 designated service centres in the USA.

I'm sure others will correct me if thats not the case, but this just doesn't sound right. Also, you should receive receipt of your petition within a week or so of being received by the service center, along with a case number so you can track progress.

hi it was filed at the london embassy in march by our visa consultant who has delt with the embassy for some time so i hope its not lost she said that they have a staff shortage at the moment and thats the hold up on the embassy web site it says it takes 24 weeks to get a decision dose it matter what embasssy it is filed at or which country
[/quote]

esprit
30-08-2006, 04:02
An E2 has to be filed at the embassy Roger, it isnt the same as an L1. You can only file in the US if you already have a visa to change status and even then it only gives you an I-94 and you have to resubmit to London and fly back for interview and visa stamp and even with USCIS approval London can still turn you down as they look at the application ab initio.
Papaya, an E2 application through London is currently taking at least 24 weeks to process and then another four weeks to get an interview appointment. If they request further information, you go back to the bottom of the pile, so another 24 weeks. I know people who have been asked for four lots!! Renewal is just the same. Total nightmare. By the time you renew its time to apply again for the next time. And you cant email, phone fax them to find out what is happening, they wont reply. There is a huge staff shortage, one person and an assistant dealing with all the applications. There isnt the same problem elsewhere, far fewer applications at other embassies. Know of someone who filed in Belgium who got through in one week. But you have to prove residence in the country you are filing in so most people dont get a choice.

roger
30-08-2006, 11:31
Wow, sounds like a nightmare! I'm glad I went the L1 route, although from what I hear the L1 renewals are aften declined whereas E2s are easier. At least with the L visa I could get realtime status updates online and could resolve issues over the phone with a dedicated line in Vermont for premium processing customers.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by esprit
An E2 has to be filed at the embassy Roger, it isnt the same as an L1. You can only file in the US if you already have a visa to change status and even then it only gives you an I-94 and you have to resubmit to London and fly back for interview and visa stamp and even with USCIS approval London can still turn you down as they look at the application ab initio.
Papaya, an E2 application through London is currently taking at least 24 weeks to process and then another four weeks to get an interview appointment. If they request further information, you go back to the bottom of the pile, so another 24 weeks. I know people who have been asked for four lots!! Renewal is just the same. Total nightmare. By the time you renew its time to apply again for the next time. And you cant email, phone fax them to find out what is happening, they wont reply. There is a huge staff shortage, one person and an assistant dealing with all the applications. There isnt the same problem elsewhere, far fewer applications at other embassies. Know of someone who filed in Belgium who got through in one week. But you have to prove residence in the country you are filing in so most people dont get a choice.
[/quote]

papaya
30-08-2006, 17:53
thanks guys will have to just cross everything and sit tight

esprit
30-08-2006, 19:33
Both L1 and E2 renewals are difficult at the moment, Roger. I know people who have been turned down for both, quite a lot of them too. All Brits. There are a lot of appeals going on. It is as though the processing authorities have got rid of their backlog by pushing it onto the appeals authority.