PDA

View Full Version : WARNING - SCAM

tezz7628
29-08-2006, 03:28
seen scams mentioned on here before, so thought i'd tell you about something happened today

mobile phone rings a couple of times, just long enough to hear it, but not enough to answer it, therefore leaves no. for you to ring back, if curious

i did this and message says "please wait while we connect you"

alarm bells started ringing in my head and i hung up

my service virgin has just started showing no's you dial on its statement page so i look it up and it says i've dialled a premium rate no. luckily only costing 5p for the time i was on about 3 secs

sent an email off to virgin asking about this they have adviced me to use icstis.org.uk to locate no. etc

the no. looks like a ordinary mobile no. 07099806242

if i'm right in what i'm looking up you could be charged £1-50 a minute to cure your curiosity

[msnmad] [msnmad] [msnmad] [msnmad] [msnmad] [msnmad]

chrizzy100
29-08-2006, 04:24
I get the same thing on mine...just a number to call back in my voice mail...as if I'd do that with no other info...I only use my moble for a few weeks a year anyway...its not turned on for months on end...

Robert5988
29-08-2006, 12:28
There was a similar scam where you ring back and after a click the phone rings. However it is not ringing but you are listening to a recording of a phone ringing - at £1.50 a min.

sundowner
29-08-2006, 15:28
Had this once on our house phone, and you couldn't hang up. Called BT and they got it sorted.