PDA

View Full Version : Monkey World

heathercobbett
25-08-2006, 13:36
Has anyone been to Monkeyworld in Dorset?

We are planning to go at the weekend

Cruella DeVilla
25-08-2006, 13:40
You will have a great time especially at the nursery, the baby chimps are so cute! I used to live near Monkey World and we used to pop in for a visit every now and then.

Homer
25-08-2006, 14:51
We went a few years ago ot was great fun

Loved the Chims they are just so funny and when they throw a wobbly it's great to see them flip flap off the trees and platforms

And the baby ones are just Ahhhhhh!!!

gromit
25-08-2006, 14:56
It is a great place to go. There are lots of them, they are well cared for and willmake you laugh. The weather is perfect at the moment too now that it has cooled down a little bit. It is a few years since i have been but know others who have said it is as good as ever at present. Have fun.

thornton
25-08-2006, 15:05
I went very recently and it is a great place to visit.

LiesaAnna
25-08-2006, 15:22
we were going to go there next week but might have to go to the "amazing world" instead, Lauren not into monkeys, i got it wrong!! i wanted to see them!!

ORLANDO_MAGIC
25-08-2006, 15:57
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
we were going to go there next week but might have to go to the "amazing world" instead, Lauren not into monkeys, i got it wrong!! i wanted to see them!!
[/quote]

Monkeys are cute:D

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/Data/ORLANDO_MAGIC/2006825115539_monkey.jpg

Dudley Zoo Gibbon.

KJH
25-08-2006, 18:42
I love watching it on TV, nearly became addicted.

LiesaAnna
25-08-2006, 19:37
me too Kaz!!
i love monkeys!

Kazzie
25-08-2006, 20:54
Have a great time Heather, I love Monkeys but its a little too far for us to go. I will have to wait until we are down that neck of the woods some time.

Karen

heathercobbett
25-08-2006, 21:49
Thanks all,would you eat there or take a picnic?

Karen you give up too easily;you could easily be there for,let me see,just before closing

Southsider
26-08-2006, 04:24
Isnt that the same place that is on Monkey Business on the TV? I would love to visit it sometime, but know if they sold monkeys that we would come home with one, my daughters friend did have one, same as the one in 'Friends' but not as friendly as Marselle!!

Make sure and tell us about your trip Heather.

Jo
26-08-2006, 06:19
We've been - it's great. They have the best children's plaugound I have ever seen - one is great for bigger kids too ( mine are 12!). Lots of differnt things and a massive climbing area with slides.

Food is good there, but we usually take a picnic and spend some time at the playgound. This leaves you free to stop where you like for lunch. Most eating places are near the entrance and it is quite spread out.

Have a good day whatever you decide.

mizzy
26-08-2006, 12:47
yes it's the same place that's shown as monkey business on the animal channel, i love this program and i've seen every episode

they are amazing animals to watch although it is quite heartbreaking when you look into their backgrounds

i'm sure you're going to have a wonderful day out Heather, wish i could come too, but it would take me over 8 hours to get there [msnsad]

look out for Sally for me won't you, she's the older female chimp in the nursery who gets all the the new babies to look after

Mizzy

Cruella DeVilla
26-08-2006, 14:53
Sally is not the prettiest girl on the block, you won't miss her[laugh]

Heather not sure if you have boys but there is still a tank musuem at Bovington which is near Monkey World, where they have the largest collection of tanks and armoured fighting vehicles.

www.tankmuseum.co.uk/home.html

KJH
27-08-2006, 01:25
sky 535 and 536 on at different times and days

Sally D
27-08-2006, 01:55
We went here a couple of years ago and had a lovely day.

My 11 year old enjoyed it the most as she is monkey mad and collects anything monkey, her bedroom is fully of monkeys.

We loved Amy the most, such fun to watch.

Not sure about calling one Sally though[msnscared], thought you lot were talking about me.

We took a picnic so can't help you with the food.

mizzy
27-08-2006, 02:32
well Cruella i must say that Sally may not be the prettiest girl on the block (not you Sally D)

but on the program she's a real sweetheart who has the role of adoptive mother to the smaller ones who have been confiscated from the illegal pet trade or have been rejected by their real mothers

i also like lulu she only has one arm but it doesn't seem to stop her getting what she wants

the program used to be shown 4-5pm on the channels mentioned above now i think it's time as been moved to 8pm on a tuesday night

they have a very good website where you can meet the chimps and a childrens activities page

www.monkeyworld.co.uk

would love to visit, if only i didn't live so far away[msnsad]

Mizzy

jovi
03-09-2006, 00:18
I too love monkeys and am a keen watcher of monkey business, we went on hol to Charmouth at the beginning of six weeks hols and decided to visit Monkey World.
The weather was very hot and most of the Monkeys were inside, so didn't see many[msnsad] It is very hilly[sporty] But I saw the keeper Geremy[clap] I was so happy to see him, I said an hello and he was off again into the Orang house, we also saw the ugly monkeys and Gordon[msnsmile] I would go again but not with a moody teenager who didn't want to be there[msnmad]

heathercobbett
03-09-2006, 00:44
Thanks for all the great advice and we had a really nice day.The park is really natural and lovely conditions for all the species You do not get up so close as you did in the old zoos which is obviously better for the monkeys,if a bit less intimate for us

I would say take a picnic as the cafes were not up to much The playgrounds were indeed very good but we only had big kids with us The day we were there they were giving out free tshirts and baseball caps and I also noticed that on specified days you can take children for £1 [Probably worth checking their website for special days and deals

Afterwards we went for a walk on the cliffs round Lulworth Bay which is nearby and that rounded off the day perfectly

Cruella DeVilla
03-09-2006, 20:39
Glad to hear you had a great day, I used to train around the Lulworth Cove area and it is beautiful:D