PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Cove

taffy
24-08-2006, 11:19
We have receieved our tickets for DC and on there it says to bring.
photo identification.
Is passport/driving licence only accepted or could we take a passport size photo.
I just don't like the thought of taking passport
Regards
Taffy

florida4sun
24-08-2006, 12:07
You will need something with your details on, such as driving license, passport, work ID card.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by taffy
We have receieved our tickets for DC and on there it says to bring.
photo identification.
Is passport/driving licence only accepted or could we take a passport size photo.
I just don't like the thought of taking passport
Regards
Taffy
[/quote]

mizzy
24-08-2006, 12:55
they will accept clear photocopies of your passports

it's always good to have a photocopy just in case your passport ever was lost/stolen, it's easier to replace if you have a copy of the original

Mizzy

ALR
24-08-2006, 13:07
Mizzy is right, it is a good idea to carry copies in the event of them being lost and stolen but also some places may ask for ID when changing travellers cheques etc. This is not always the case but it is better to be prepared should the need arise.

ALR

JoRo
24-08-2006, 13:23
good advice - i have just started to carry copies of passport and driving licences with us. Will use them for Discovery cove as well.
Joyce

GrahamC
24-08-2006, 14:22
There are pretty secure lockers at DC for personal belongings, so you would be safe to take the originals. We have not had a problem in the past.

Milly
26-08-2006, 00:24
Hi

We went to DC in Februayr and took our passports and put them in the locker provided, everybody lining up had there passports in there hand.

If you buy discovery cove tickets do you get a free day at Seaworld? I have a friend going soon and can't remember?

You will have the best time ever it's one of those days I will always remember. My kids loved it

mizzy
26-08-2006, 00:47
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Dianne Coleman
Hi

We went to DC in Februayr and took our passports and put them in the locker provided, everybody lining up had there passports in there hand.

If you buy discovery cove tickets do you get a free day at Seaworld? I have a friend going soon and can't remember?

You will have the best time ever it's one of those days I will always remember. My kids loved it
[/quote]

you get 7 free days at seaworld or busch gardens or you can upgrade to 14 days

Rhosyn
26-08-2006, 11:02
Its a fantastic day out only down side is trying to get the children out when you have to leave. Enjoy.

ShirleyD
26-08-2006, 13:01
Give them a ring to see if they still do valet parking at DC. When we did it, this also gave you free premium parking at Sea World and Busch (we upgraded to 14 days) so you can park really close to the entrance. By doing 4 park days, we actually saved on the cost of parking

jo-anne
27-08-2006, 20:11
We've just got back from Orlando and DC was our best day ever. You will have a wonderful time.
Be prepared to be asked for photo ID all over the place, not just DC. If you pay by credit card you will more often than not be asked for ID and if you go to any of the Disney Hotels for a meal you will also need photo ID.
Jo-Anne

Zebedee
26-09-2006, 22:12
We visited DC for the first time and had a great time. Better than we could imagine.

MTP
27-09-2006, 01:14
We have found that the photo driving licences have been great for holidays in the States and we got ours as soon as theycame out, we were never comfortable having to show passports in bars, etc, when we were holidaying there (that would be before we had kids!).

As well as taking photodopies of passports I would leave acopy at home or with someone you trust as if it is in your bags and your bags go missing you are no better off.

bart
21-10-2006, 20:14
Hi Guys

Just wondering about Discovery Cove. Is it worth the money to swim with the dolphins as we have heard you only get about 4 to 5 mins. in the water with them.
Is this true.
I have a daughter aged 14 and she has been pleading to go.
What are your thoughts on paying for the swim too as we will definitly go to the Park .

thanks in advance

REGINA

Pat M
21-10-2006, 22:05
its a few years since we went and i know my daughter and grandaughter did the swim with the dolphins and they were in a lot longer than that and i know they wouldnt have missed for the world great day out

sundowner
22-10-2006, 01:11
It's more like 45 mins in the water. A great day out. The food is good, and there is plenty to do, in a relaxing atmosphere.

jo-anne
23-10-2006, 01:03
You get 30 minutes with the dolphins. You are in a small group of anything up to 10 people depending on the family groups. You are photographed and videoed all the way through. It is a magical (but cold!!)experience and you are in the water for the whole time, stroking and touching the dolphin and learning hand signals etc.
The experience ends with a swim into the middle of the lagoon with the trainer who then calls the dolphin over and you hold onto its fin and get pulled through the water for about 20 seconds back to the edge of the lagoon.
The whole thing is wonderful - as is the experience of the park generally.
We will definitely do the park again probably without the dolphin swim as it is a once in a lifetime experience and there is such a lot more to do and see anyway at Discovery Cove without the dolphin swim.
You won't be disappointed.
Jo-Anne

ShirleyD
23-10-2006, 02:40
My husband and 16 year old were really not fussed about going, but the smiles on their faces in the photos says it all. Don't forget to go to the avairy first thing, so you can feed the birds.

crow
01-02-2007, 20:07
Hi Guys Has anyone DC @ nite her indoors no to good at swimming so quite likes the thought of the nite adventure. Any Thoughts:)

mizzy
02-02-2007, 01:19
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by crow
Hi Guys Has anyone DC @ nite her indoors no to good at swimming so quite likes the thought of the nite adventure. Any Thoughts:)
[/quote]

my husband is not a swimmer as such and has little confidence in the water but still managed the dolphin swim, there are float vests for all ages and sizes

i also agree with many others on here, DC was one of our best days in orlando and not just for the dolphin interaction, the whole atmosphere was great and we had a lovely relaxing day, after the hurly burly of the theme parks it was good to just chill [msnsmile]

Mizzy

lamina
06-02-2007, 12:35
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by bart
Hi Guys

Just wondering about Discovery Cove. Is it worth the money to swim with the dolphins as we have heard you only get about 4 to 5 mins. in the water with them.
Is this true.
I have a daughter aged 14 and she has been pleading to go.
What are your thoughts on paying for the swim too as we will definitly go to the Park .

thanks in advance

REGINA
[/quote]
we did this in jan this year, on their coldest day of the year so far.
it's certainly worth the money as once in DC you don't need to pay for anything..... included in the price are wetsuits (highly reccomended ) lockers, snorkel gear, suntan lotion, (with snorkel gear),towels and showers plus shampoo/soap etc, also if you are there early enough you can have breakfast as well as lunch up till 3pm, plus there are a couple of snack bars for when you get out of one of the lagoon/pools where you can get hot/cold drinks, including beer and biscuits/crisps, etc... all included your admission price, also included is 7 consecutive days admission to sea world,..the daily admission price for seaworld is now around $65.

xtratime
21-04-2007, 23:59
My other half cannot swim at all is not comfortable in deep water. Would the dolphin swin still be enjoyable for her?
Also do those in the non-swim package be able to watch those swimmimg with the dolphins and take picture etc?

Kazzie
22-04-2007, 02:03
Hi Declan,

We did the dolphin swim in February and thoroughly enjoyed it. Your other half will be able to watch you swimming with the dolphins and she can take as many photos as she likes from the edge of the pool. She will also be allowed to go into the shallow water for a photograph with your party and dolphin but I wouldnt recommend she joins the dolphin swim as she would have to swim across to the deep part for the dolphin to bring her back to the shallow part.

Karen<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by xtratime
My other half cannot swim at all is not comfortable in deep water. Would the dolphin swin still be enjoyable for her?
Also do those in the non-swim package be able to watch those swimmimg with the dolphins and take picture etc?

[/quote]

ShirleyD
22-04-2007, 03:01
We split our family dolphin swim, so we could take photos of each other, but did find that both groups were stood with their backs to the shore, so photos were not as good as they could have been.

You can wear a life jacket for the encounter, although the wet suit does help you float anyway. It was lovely being that close to the dolphin and you were only out of your depth for a short while. If your partner is really unhappy out of their depth, then they could always avoid this part of the experience

pt cruiser
23-04-2007, 02:12
You don't have to go out into deep water for the tow back, they let me and a couple of others be towed along the shallow bit, so if you let go you can just stand up.
Go for it it was our best day ever.
Teresa