PDA

View Full Version : Car hire advice

DIKKO29
23-08-2006, 18:31
Hi all,

I'm staying in Forida for 3 weeks next April. 2 weeks in Orlando then last week on Gulf coast. Would it be possible to get a compact car for first two weeks (pick up from MCO airport)then exchange it for 4x4 for final week (pick up from Kissimmee, drop off at MCO). Would i need to book them both seperatelly or together and if seperatelly what do i do about hiring sat nav for 3 weeks??
Last and final question - I applied for dollar express membership as i think i will go through them via this site, will this affect how i book the car hire previously mentioned??

Thanks

Tony

roger
23-08-2006, 19:03
There is no problem doing the above. You will simply need to make 2 seperate bookings. First for the Compact, collect @ Orlando, drop @ Kissimmee. Then book a 4x4 collect @ Kissimmee, drop at Orlando.

Once you have the cars booked, then you can book the Sat Nav seperately from this link for the overall dates

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/sat-nav.aspx

With Dollar Express, if you already have your Express ID number, just enter it in the comments box on the order form, for the 2 cars.

If you order before you have your Express ID number, that is not a problem, just email us with your Express ID and your 2 car hire order numbers once you have it.

DIKKO29
26-08-2006, 00:37
Hi Roger

Thanks for your help, i've just booked all of the above through dollar on this site.[msnsmile]

Just have one other query in that i've just taken out standard travel insurance with direct travel (as reccomended by many people on the forum)and found that their Personal liability doesn't include the use of mechanical or motorised vehicles. Is this a problem and if so have you any idea if i can pay for this through my car hire and if so how much will it cost me for 3 weeks cover?

Thanks again

Tony

roger
26-08-2006, 01:52
This is quite unusual. You can take out personal insurance with Dollar, but its not cheap. Are you sure the insurance wont cover you for injury caused in a car accident?

I'd be inclined to cancel that insurance policy and take some other policy that does cover you. There are many annual family insurance policies for less than £100 that will cover you for any number of trips for your entire family for 1 year. This would probably still be cheaper than taking personal insurance from a car hire company.

Better still, can you upgrade your standard insurance policy you mention for a more comprehensive one?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DIKKO29
Hi Roger

Thanks for your help, i've just booked all of the above through dollar on this site.[msnsmile]

Just have one other query in that i've just taken out standard travel insurance with direct travel (as reccomended by many people on the forum)and found that their Personal liability doesn't include the use of mechanical or motorised vehicles. Is this a problem and if so have you any idea if i can pay for this through my car hire and if so how much will it cost me for 3 weeks cover?

Thanks again

Tony
[/quote]