PDA

View Full Version : Help plan our trip

andy123
18-08-2006, 02:23
I heard from many and seen in this forum that if we plan well we wouldn't need any express passes. Yes for a party of 4 , that is a lot of money.

I am wondering if i can plan well(with your help) so that i don't have to fork that.

We are party of 4 planning to visit US/IOA during Aug 13 - Sept 3rd. What is your guess on the crowd during that time?

Not a frequent visitor so please help me with your suggestion on how to plan our day so that we can cover the main attractions without express pass.

I am planning to buy 2day 2 park pass for $85 on their site. Any better deal around?

ShirleyD
18-08-2006, 03:23
You won't do better for tickets than through this site http://www.park-tickets.com/
By travelling at the end of August you are choosing the quietest time of the month. Many US school children go back to school, middle to end of August. I would suggest you do Universal towards the end of your trip when many of the British have also gone home. You don't pay extra for fast pass at Disney, so do those parks first.

dawn
18-08-2006, 03:52
The parks are definately getting quieter now, however even last week the queues weren't too bad and we were pleased we didn't bother with Express Passes. Try to arrive as early as you can, the queues seem to peak around 2pm

ALR
20-08-2006, 00:50
We were there last September and Universal was fairly quiet. No queues or anything.

ALR

domster
20-08-2006, 11:36
I would not bother with the pass. In my view a waste of money.

Like ALR says get there a little early and then head for the far end of the park. Most people start at the Hulk area first. This might mean you get on some rides before the crowds.

I would buy the tickets from here as they are always cheaper than buying direct or on the website.

wrightbuxton
21-08-2006, 15:14
You could always wait until you are in the park and see how things are going. Fast pass tickets can be purchased at several different venues through the park.

We were at Universal Studios at the end of July and more or less walked onto all of the rides[msnsmile2.

Julie

nicseg
21-09-2006, 16:40
We like to get in early and do the popular rides, go back to the villa ,have some lunch/swim/sleep, then back to the parks late afternoon/evening and miss the busiest time of the day. Works for us.
Nic