PDA

View Full Version : New - car hire for under 25's with no surcharge

roger
17-08-2006, 20:40
We are now able to offer car hire for drivers age 19 and over.

Drivers age 19 and 20 will pay a daily surcharge of approx $20, with no surcharge for drivers aged 21+

Currently the following locations are available within Florida: Orlando International, Sanford, Tampa and Miami International.

The company we use also offer a meet and greet service from MCO, and delivery of the car to your accommodation. The meet and greet / delivery service applies to 7 seater bookings only, and for rentals of 7 days or longer. For $60 you will be met at the airport, in the baggage re-claim area, then driven to your accommodation where your car will be waiting for you. This applies if your accommodation is no more than 60 miles away from MCO. For locations up to 90 miles, the rate is $90 for the meet and greet.

Rentals are via U-Save who are located just off-airport. Once you have collected your baggage, call on the free-phone number and a shuttle bus will arrive within a few minutes and drive you to the depot which is adjacent to the airport.

Also on offer are Chrysler PT Cruisers, which many other car hire companies do not offer.

For more details please see the following link:
http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/u-save-car-rental.aspx

Epic
17-08-2006, 21:44
This is great news..will definatly be renting a car on our next visit now[msnsmile2]

JoRo
17-08-2006, 22:07
still not booked my car hire for 2 weeks time so I had better have a look at the link and be in touch soon!
Cheers
Joyce

ellie
17-08-2006, 22:10
Fantastic news, John, my daughter who is 22 will be thrilled to bits as she is hoping to visit Florida at Christmas before rejoining her ship.

Brilliant addition to the fantastic service you always provide![clap][clap][clap]

You are soooo clever! [msnwink]

JoRo
17-08-2006, 22:13
Roger I have just had a look and got a quote for this. Where in the system do we book the meet at airport service?
JOyce

roger
17-08-2006, 22:55
You can just request this in the comments section, then we will book this for you. This is payable on receipt of the car. Dont forget, for this we need a flight number and an accurate expected arrival time (U Save will monitor the flight times in case of late or early arrival).

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joyce roberts
Roger I have just had a look and got a quote for this. Where in the system do we book the meet at airport service?
JOyce
[/quote]

E. Cosgrove
17-08-2006, 23:30
Great news Roger......OV comes up trumps as usual:D

Ray&Sarah
18-08-2006, 03:03
Brilliant news, just wish the meet and greet was available for smaller car rentals and then I might be tempted to go to Florida without my hubby.[msnsmile2]

CarolAnn
18-08-2006, 12:35
I like the way you are thinking Sarah, that did occur to me too:D I know I would struggle to drive myself from the airport to our villa, but once there I would be fine.[msnwink]

JoRo
18-08-2006, 13:42
Can you not get a car hire pick up on the 192 somewhere? That way you could get a taxi to the villa and pick your car hire up later.
Joyce

LiesaAnna
18-08-2006, 14:18
my Russ will be pleased! hes 23!!

but i think we did this through here last year Roger, Andrew was 23 then and we paid a surcharge daily on the credit card? we went last sept

Lynne S
18-08-2006, 14:29
Russ was the first person I thought of Liesa when I read this great new option:)

LiesaAnna
18-08-2006, 16:42
he will be so chuffed Lynne!!! hes been counting down till he can drive!

dawn
18-08-2006, 16:49
Great news - I have a guest booked for next year who are looking for a meet and greet service as they were nervous of driving after the flight (worried about being tired etc). Email on the way to them. Thanks Roger.

roger
18-08-2006, 19:00
This has only been available via a new supplier, since yesterday, so surcharges will have applied back then.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by LiesaAnna
my Russ will be pleased! hes 23!!

but i think we did this through here last year Roger, Andrew was 23 then and we paid a surcharge daily on the credit card? we went last sept
[/quote]

LiesaAnna
18-08-2006, 22:09
brilliant news, thanks Roger!!

DiannaUK
18-08-2006, 23:56
Great news.

We have already booked our car hire for our trip on 9 September - I have a 19 & 20 year old in our group, is it too late to get them added as drivers and pay the $20 surcharge? Also, is the surcharge per driver or per booking - I would presume per booking as only one of them can be driving at a time?

Dianna

kaysvacationvilla
19-08-2006, 00:07
Is this available to US drivers license holders? Being in the US I have not been able to use your car hire service.

Kazzie
19-08-2006, 03:29
You shouldn't struggle at all driving from the airport, thats what I worried about this Feb when going to our villa just with my 10 yr old daughter. My hubby sorted sat nav for me so that I could just get in the car and drive. Well, the sat nav didnt work for some reason and I just drove out of the airport and followed what signs seemed the right ones at the time and drove straight to the villa without a single hic-cup. I wouldnt hesitate going by myself again, its a doddle.

Karen

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by CarolAnn
I like the way you are thinking Sarah, that did occur to me too:D I know I would struggle to drive myself from the airport to our villa, but once there I would be fine.[msnwink]
[/quote]

roger
19-08-2006, 11:29
The surcharge for 19 and 20 year olds is approx $20 per day per driver. This can not be added to an existing booking as it is with a different supplier.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by DiannaUK
Great news.

We have already booked our car hire for our trip on 9 September - I have a 19 & 20 year old in our group, is it too late to get them added as drivers and pay the $20 surcharge? Also, is the surcharge per driver or per booking - I would presume per booking as only one of them can be driving at a time?

Dianna
[/quote]

roger
19-08-2006, 11:30
No, the rules are the same as our existing suppliers.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kaysvacationvilla
Is this available to US drivers license holders? Being in the US I have not been able to use your car hire service.
[/quote]

orlandodaze
30-08-2006, 17:19
Our son drove in Florida and just loved it , next year if my daughter has her full licence she too will be able to drive and as she only drives an automatic (due to a medical condition )here at home.Im only too happy to be the navigator .

roger
30-08-2006, 17:49
The only thing to note with U-Save is drivers must have held their full license for a min of 12 months, unlike Dollar who have no minimum requirement.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by orlandodaze
Our son drove in Florida and just loved it , next year if my daughter has her full licence she too will be able to drive and as she only drives an automatic (due to a medical condition )here at home.Im only too happy to be the navigator .
[/quote]

orlandodaze
02-09-2006, 04:49
Thanks for that Roger,thats not going to work for my daughter for 2007 ,its good to know in advance .