PDA

View Full Version : Anna Maria Island

DIKKO29
16-08-2006, 20:38
Hi everyone,

Just booked a weeks stay in a villa on Anna Maria Island and just wondered if anyone has been there and could tell me what its like as well as places to go, eat or check out?

Many thanks

Tony

karenhaworth
16-08-2006, 21:03
Hi Tony

Anna Maria is one of our favourite places to visit when we are in Florida.

We enjoy sitting out on the deck at the Sandbar Restaurant looking out over the Gulf and having a fantastic lunch.

In fact in a week or so's time that is exactly what we will be doing [clap]

Have a great vacation

DIKKO29
16-08-2006, 21:18
Hi Colin,

Sounds great, hope you have a fantastic holiday and if you can fill me in on how you got on and places worth visiting when you get back i would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Tony

mfairhurst
16-08-2006, 22:29
HI COLIN It is beautiful place and not far to ARMAND CIRCLE along a road you will drive along LONGBOAT KEY and lots to see the circle has some lovely shops and good resturants for day and evening it is famous in florida also a nice beach called LIDO BEACH very white and clean ,It is so flat at ANNA MARIE ISLAND you can hire a bike .Hope you enjoy holiday.
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

No Shoes
17-08-2006, 22:06
The best place to be in Florida!

Try breakfast at the Gulf Drive Cafe (Bradenton Beach) - check out the waffles..........
Breakfast at the pier (north end of the island) share it with the pelicans.........
Order a steamer pot at the pier next door - I am getting hungry just thinking about it.
Take an airboat ride along the intra coastal water on the mainland side of Anna Maria - see the turtles etc

I could go on and on.......

Just remember - no shoes, no shirt, no problems............[8D]

Fran19
15-09-2006, 15:45
One of the loveliest places in Florida I have seen. We went there this year and intend to go back every time we visit Florida. Funny, I spoke with someone via my workplace and he, too, had just come back from Anna Maria. We spent ages talking on the phone about it and his enthusiasm for the island was well worth listening to. He knew of so many places to go and eat, watch the dolphins play, just relax etc., and has given me some good tips. Does anyone know if the Ice-Cream shop opposite the pier has reopened or did it close down permanently? It was a great place and the owner was really friendly and chatty.It would be a shame if it did stay closed.[msnsad]

DIKKO29
16-09-2006, 01:31
Thanks everyone, sounds like i've picked just the right place to kick back and chill out.
Fancy sharing some of those tips and places to go Fran [msnwink]

Fran19
29-09-2006, 17:32
Hi Tony

Sorry, I haven't been back on here for a while and didn't see this one.

He told me that I should go to Skinnys - a great bar/restaurant on Anna Maria. He went into details about how great the food was etc etc. Another great place to go was the Seafood Restaurant by one of the piers (opposite). We started talking about this because I was saying about the ice cream shop which is almost next door. He did mention a few other places but I have the piece of paper at home with details and I am at work at the mo'. Hopes these help. Have a great time. We will be visiting Anna Maria again in November when we go back to Florida - can't wait!![msnwink]

DIKKO29
01-04-2007, 18:08
Just over a week now till we leave, 2wks in Orlando then 3rd wk on Anna Maria Island.[msncool]
Just wondering if anyone could update me on good local restaurants and shops on or near to the island.

Tony