PDA

View Full Version : Staying in different villas

The Cardinal
16-08-2006, 17:00
Hi guys,

I've been spending a few days reading through the back posts of this forum (upto page 21 now!!!) and one of them has got me thinking.

Our party will be staying in 3 or 4 villas when we go. Another poster asked about the problems if a guest came to stay who wasn't named on the forms etc.

It's foreseeable that individuals 'registered' at one villa will be staying at others, for example, for ease of leaving for trips in the morning etc.

Would you owners recommend registering our entire party at each villa? I assume this is something to do with insurance? I'm just worried that there will be 16 people registered at a 'sleeps 8' villa etc and this might cause problems also?

Thanks in advance!!

Genie
16-08-2006, 17:22
Surely if the villas were all on the same community there would be no need to stay at different ones ?? you could all arange to meet up in the morning at one !!
It is for fire purposes and would be no good registering everyone at each villa, it would be impossible to account for everyone not knowing which villa they were in.

dawn
16-08-2006, 17:24
Hi Cardinal, yes it would cause problems. Each home is licensed for a certain maximum number of guests (depending on the size), and it is illegal to have more than this amount. Breaching this would cause the homeowner to lose their license, it is for fire and safety regulations. Every guest has to be named on the booking for up to the licensed number of guests

blott
16-08-2006, 18:19
In addition to the above, it's also Florida law that every home owner keep a register of the names of guests staying at their home, which can be inspected at any time. So you can't 'mix and match' guests from one home to another and a rental home that sleeps, say, a maximum of eight can't have more names than that on their register.

If you're all staying in the same community, as Jean says, it would surely be easy co-ordinating trips out if you arranged to meet up at one home at a specific time?

The Cardinal
16-08-2006, 22:22
Thanks guys - as I suspected.

Just like to say though that I may have been misunderstood. The situation I had in mind here was, for example, where 2 kids from Villa B want to go on the trip that Villa A are going on, leaving at 7am etc etc. The one thing that has become clear in the early days of planning this great adventure is that every individual has different ideas of what they do and don't want to do, not necessarily within the 'families' that will be going.

When we all go out en masse, meeting at a nice central location will be the way forward naturally - but that won't always be the case.

Anyway, that's that idea out the window [msnsmile2]

mistert
16-08-2006, 23:05
Mike,

I can give you this bit of advice - book yourself a holiday for when you get home!!

I took a party of 12 (all family) to Florida a couple of years ago - and beacuse I was the 'expert'(having been twice previously) on what to do & where to go it fell to me to try to organise everything. As they say "you can please some of the folk all of the time & all - some of the time.....". Never again!

chrizzy100
16-08-2006, 23:26
Oh Alan...we've had those kind of holidays..LOL!

ALR
17-08-2006, 00:27
So true...you only hear of the things you didn't get right rather than what you did, when you spend months planning an event.[msnwink]LOL

ALR

steph_goodrum
17-08-2006, 01:32
Provided the occupancy level wasn't breached in our home and all guests who may stay there had been listed, I would treat it in the same way I would snowbirds who may stay for 3 months and ask if family can visit. I ask them to list the main party and any who may visit can be added onto a separate sheet (so I have a record of all those who may stay.

Knowing what it is like travelling in a large group, we have often been to holiday camps in this country with 2 or 3 other friends and often the children want to sleep over at one of their friends/cousins houses, so we have allowed them to do so, also if some of the party want to go out and the others were babysitting then the children could be put to bed and not disturbed. So I can understand where you are coming from and personally wouldnt have a problem, as I say as long as the guests were honest about it and told me who was possibly staying and that they didn't exceed the occupancy level at any time, causing me to lose my license.

The Cardinal
17-08-2006, 14:46
Steph - thanks for seeing my inarticulatly made point [msntongue]

That's a tick in your villa's favour when the time comes to book [beer]

JoRo
19-08-2006, 01:37
I agree with Stephen - as long as names are registered in the group and the numbers per house are not exceeded there should not be a problem. I would guess you would be best to do a community search when you come to book and then you can make sure your houses are close together. A lot to be said for being up front with the villa owners.
And I don't envy you! Once did a large group tailor made ski holiday to Canada and I felt like I should be paid as the tour operator. In fact I think some of the group thought I was on a freeby for organising - which I wasn't!
Good luck
Joyce

The Cardinal
19-08-2006, 14:14
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by joyce roberts
In fact I think some of the group thought I was on a freeby for organising - which I wasn't! [/quote]

I know what you mean! Though I have been promised all the air miles for my troubles!

[msnsmile2]