PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Multiple Cars - (2 seperate meanings!!)

The Cardinal
11-08-2006, 21:07
Hi guys - car hire question time. (Number 1 of x where x is a very very large number...!)

Looked on floridahire.com and my word their prices are good. Our holiday plan is as follows:

2 weeks in Orlando with the family (30+!) including our wedding;
1 week on West Coast for 'honeymoon' - just the two of us.

Now how reasonable and practical would the following be:

- arrive in Orlando to prebooked 4 door car (we have luggage, wedding attire, and probably some children to transport
- after 7 days, hand over car, and then exchange it for a convertible option [msntongue]
- 7 days later, exchange convertible for the 4x4 for the drive to the coast, and day trip to Miami during that week

Also, does anybody know if there are discounts available (admittedly on the already great prices!!) for booking 5,6 or even 7 cars/vans at the same time?

Cheers guys!

Lynnes
11-08-2006, 21:17
Why not check on the links on this site for car hire they give very good value. John / Roger would help yuou in any way I am sure.

The Cardinal
11-08-2006, 21:22
Hi Lynnes,
It was the links on this site that gave me the idea to be honest. I followed the carhire one and thought the rates were great. I just wondered about the flexibility of it.
Cheers!

chrizzy100
11-08-2006, 21:27
We swap cars a lot...change when family leave or arrive...we've had litle trouble so far...apart from picking up the new car on the wrong day...that can work out costly...[msnembarrased]

andrewmckay5
11-08-2006, 21:39
Quite a drive to Miami from the West coast.Might be worth looking at some of the trips from Orlando down there: http://www.park-tickets.com/other-parks/Miami_Day_Trip.aspx
andrew

The Cardinal
11-08-2006, 21:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by chrizzy100
We swap cars a lot...change when family leave or arrive...we've had litle trouble so far...apart from picking up the new car on the wrong day...that can work out costly...[msnembarrased]
[/quote]

That's good news - to be honest I didn't think it would be a problem, but just checking.
Thanks!

The Cardinal
11-08-2006, 22:00
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by andrewmckay5
Quite a drive to Miami from the West coast.Might be worth looking at some of the trips from Orlando down there: http://www.park-tickets.com/other-parks/Miami_Day_Trip.aspx
andrew
[/quote]

That's interesting! Thanks. Is it a prohibitive distance would you say?

andrewmckay5
11-08-2006, 22:07
About 3 1/2 hours from us in Rotonda and we are approx half way down the coast between Tampa in the North and Naples to the South. How about a day trip or overnight stay to Key West via the Key West Ferry?
andrew
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by The Cardinal
andrew
[/quote]

That's interesting! Thanks. Is it a prohibitive distance would you say?
[/quote]

steph_goodrum
11-08-2006, 22:37
Depending on where you are staying as well there is a Dollar depot on the 192 so you dont need to go back to the airport to swap the cars over. You could just book it as 3 separate 1 week rentals and arrange drop/off/pick up to suit your plans.

Depending on which coast you plan to visit Miami may not be viable in one day if you only have one driver. From the Central Orlando area it's around 300 miles or so, so if you go further west before you start it will add even more on. If you're looking ar Ft. Lauderdale area then the drive will be much shorter.

ShirleyD
12-08-2006, 04:00
Did you spot the link for Prestige Cars, Hummers, Jags etc http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/prestige-car-hire-florida.aspx that could be fun for a special occasion.

I have done the Tampa to Miami route down the west coast and across aligator ally, it was a long way!! I would think about the Miami trip from Orlando, either a day trip as mentioned above, or book a night in a hotel in Miami, leaving the family in Orlando to get some time on your own [msnwink]

The Cardinal
12-08-2006, 16:05
About 3 1/2 hours from us in Rotonda and we are approx half way down the coast between Tampa in the North and Naples to the South. How about a day trip or overnight stay to Key West via the Key West Ferry?
andrew[/quote]

That certainly is a long way! Time for a rethink then!

The Cardinal
12-08-2006, 16:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Depending on where you are staying as well there is a Dollar depot on the 192 so you dont need to go back to the airport to swap the cars over. You could just book it as 3 separate 1 week rentals and arrange drop/off/pick up to suit your plans.

Depending on which coast you plan to visit Miami may not be viable in one day if you only have one driver. From the Central Orlando area it's around 300 miles or so, so if you go further west before you start it will add even more on. If you're looking ar Ft. Lauderdale area then the drive will be much shorter.
[/quote]

That's an excellent point - never thought of that. Is there an Alamo locally as well (in case their offer on the site is better?)

The Cardinal
12-08-2006, 16:09
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ShirleyD
Did you spot the link for Prestige Cars, Hummers, Jags etc http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/prestige-car-hire-florida.aspx that could be fun for a special occasion.

I have done the Tampa to Miami route down the west coast and across aligator ally, it was a long way!! I would think about the Miami trip from Orlando, either a day trip as mentioned above, or book a night in a hotel in Miami, leaving the family in Orlando to get some time on your own [msnwink]
[/quote]

I absolutely did - and thought the same as you! However the prices are much higher so I think I'll have run that one past the boss for now [8)]

roger
12-08-2006, 16:24
In Florida, Dollar are cheaper than Alamo.

No problem booking multiple cars as per your scenario, but its simply a case of 1 booking for each segment of your rental. So if you change car, you make a new booking. Just make sure your collection / drop off times and locations are entered as accurately as possible.

I'm afraid there are no special offers at present for beyond October 31st this year, but the free upgrades may be extended.