PDA

View Full Version : Just got a B visa from Belfast

Frosty
10-08-2006, 21:44
We just got ourselves a new B visa from Belfast yesterday.

The comparison between Belfast and London is overwhelming.

The Embassy is such a small place with a waiting room of about average living room size with approximately 14 chairs in it.

We were booked in for 10:15am and arrived at the gates at 9:45am.
Firstly no queue for the gate, unlike London.
You go through securiy, where they security check you and you belongings, (no bags allowed past security) then up a short path into the waiting room.
Inside, there are 3 windows, 1 for American citizens and 2 for visa applications. All 3 were empty with just 1 women waiting behind visa app no.1
Went up to window, handed over completed application forms, with pictures attached, also bank statement showing our current account with mortgage, a letter from Kays employer stating that she could take a career break of up to 6 months and still come back to her old positon and same salary, details of funds we had sent to US for our US account to pay mortgage (and live on).
The woman went through all this, then asked why i had not got a letter from my employer, i told her i didn't want to let my employer know what i planned until we had a visa, then i would iscuss it with them then. If they would not let me do this, i said i would simply leave and get another job when i return.

After this we sat down, all chairs were taken so approx 14 people in room.
We sat down at 10:05am.
Only one interviewer was doing interviews, he called people into a side door which was a seperate interview room.
We got called at 11:20am, entered room, he thanked us for bringing all our details, again asked the same question as the woman had about why i didn't have a letter from my employer, gave him the same answer and that was it.
He was quite happy all was in order and told us we would get our passports in 2 - 3 days.

Belfast is much nicer and less stressfull than London, believe me, i have done both. Check out our last visit if you don't believe me, to see the difference.
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_15586.asp

steph_goodrum
10-08-2006, 21:54
Neil and Kay
Do you have to stay in Belfast to get your passports back?

Genie
10-08-2006, 22:00
Well done Frosty, I am glad it all went well for you.

Frosty
10-08-2006, 22:07
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by steph_goodrum
Neil and Kay
Do you have to stay in Belfast to get your passports back?
[/quote]
Hi Steph,
No you can travel to and from the Belfast to the UK with any valid photo ID, we used our photo driving licence. Flew over early morning and flew back late afternoon with [website link edited]

After the interview went round Belfast on a city tour bus and then had a guided tour of their city hall. Never been before so made a day of it.

steph_goodrum
11-08-2006, 15:57
I'd have trouble getting out of the country as I dont have a photo id , I know even some lo cost airlines insist on passport so wasnt sure of the procedure.

lindajo
11-08-2006, 18:14
We also went to Belfast for our B2. Flew with Easyjet from Liverpool. At Belfast airport for return journey, we explained about our passports and produced our embassy appointment letter. They only asked to see our e-ticket. No photo ID was asked for.
Lindajo