PDA

View Full Version : Crescent Lakes & Spring Lakes

lisi
06-08-2003, 00:41
Hi - I like the look of 2 villas one in Crescent Lakes and one in Spring Lakes. Anyone know if this is a good place for us - there are only 2 of us but the villas seem so big. What would be a good price in mid September for 12 nights? We might take in the parks a little but I am unable to walk for miles but want to be fairly central. This is the first time I have rented in Florida so I want to get it right!

Hope to hear from you all.

Lisi

chrisj
06-08-2003, 00:58
Lisi

I have just come back from Crescent lakes, You will need a car but then you do in Florida. It
is a great area, nice quiet and clean (they all are). We found it easy to get to all the
parks from there, almost one road.

There is a 24 hour wal mart not that far away and it is nice to be away from all the hussle
of the parks, Im not sure where Spring lakes is, but im sure others will be able to let you
know what it is near etc

Hope you have as good a time that we have just had

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 01:10
I can also personally vouch for Crescent Lakes as we own two villas there ourselves.

I also personally know the owner of the Spring Lakes villa you are thinking off. Spring Lakes is just off the 417 at the intersection with Landstar Blvd - very handy for the airport and the parks!

chrisj
06-08-2003, 01:58
John Sarah

Think we saw your Villas when we went for a drive around I had printed off all the photo's

As you say Crescent lakes is a great place to stay and we will be coming back as soon as
we can

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 02:34
Hi Chris

They are easy to spot from the photos so you probably did - the 3 bed is on Allamanda Grace and the 7 bed is on Willow Bend - the next two commiunities down from Orchid Edge where you stayed.

chrisj
06-08-2003, 02:56
One day we just went for a drive around to see what else was in the area, and I must admit
the whole area was so nice and well looked after.

Best bit is that a publix is being built at the entrance, so that should help a lot. You are
lucky to have 2 villa's there. Have you seen the new houses, they seem very reasonable.

Im not sure if you remember me but I tried to rent your 3 bed but it was taken at the time so we booked the one we did.

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 03:08
Hi Chris

It is always disappointing to us when people want to book our villas but we don't have availability. We are so glad that we are part of the big family that is orlandovillas.com and vacation-rental-villas.com so if we can't accommodate we usually know someone that can:):)

Where exactly is the Publix being built? Just can't imagine that Key Lime Pie being withing walking distance.:D

Sarah

chrisj
06-08-2003, 03:28
Hi Sarah

Its being built opposite the entrance, as you leave you can see all the workmen preparing
the ground.

As for your villa, I tried to book late anyway and ticked the box to alert others. I didnt
take it as a snub so dont worry :)

Chris

lisi
06-08-2003, 12:48
Thanks so muchto you all - that's really great. Am on the point of booking but just weighing up one or two others. John and Sarah - do you know what Westridge is like please? And do I need pool heating mid September?

Chris - was pleased with the info - my son is a bit nervous about driving in America but I guess once he gets going he will be OK so nice to know its one road to the parks - if we manage to get there. I can't take too much walking and it appears wheelchairs don't get preference nowadays

Lisi

lisi
06-08-2003, 12:50
John and Sarah - I did enquire about your villas but you were booked up! The Gilberthorpes own the one I am enquiring about - I hope it isnot booked by the time I can confirm which should be shortly. However thanks for all your info and suggested websites - I am so pleased I logged on to you all as it will be so helpful
Lisi

chrisj
06-08-2003, 13:35
Lisi

Driving is so much more relaxed, and the traffic is very light. To get to the main parks
from Crescent Lakes is easy

As you leave the development, Turn Left on Poinciana, this takes you past the school on
the left, A little further you come to a set of traffic lights, This is the junction with
Orange Blossom Trail. There is a 7/11 petrol station on the junction, Go straight over.

After approx 6 miles or so you come to a set of traffic lights, there is a Perkins on this
junction, this is the 192, Turn left here and this road takes you straight to the main
Disney parks. Its very easy and Im sure after getting used to the car that your son will
find driving easy.

The owner of the Villa you rent from will have directions in their Villa Folder which will
give directions to shops parks etc

As for Wheelchairs, most of the rides we went on had a 'Wheelchair' entrance, but not all.

Hope you have a great holiday

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 14:18
Chris

An even better route is not to turn left onto the 192 but go straight accross it. The road bends round to the right and you will see a flyover - this is the Greeneway - turn left onto this and it takes you straight into Disney with hardly any traffic and virtually no traffic lights. You can do Disney in under 15 minutes easily :D.

quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Lisi

Driving is so much more relaxed, and the traffic is very light. To get to the main parks
from Crescent Lakes is easy

As you leave the development, Turn Left on Poinciana, this takes you past the school on
the left, A little further you come to a set of traffic lights, This is the junction with
Orange Blossom Trail. There is a 7/11 petrol station on the junction, Go straight over.

After approx 6 miles or so you come to a set of traffic lights, there is a Perkins on this
junction, this is the 192, Turn left here and this road takes you straight to the main
Disney parks. Its very easy and Im sure after getting used to the car that your son will
find driving easy.

The owner of the Villa you rent from will have directions in their Villa Folder which will
give directions to shops parks etc

As for Wheelchairs, most of the rides we went on had a 'Wheelchair' entrance, but not all.

Hope you have a great holiday

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 14:20
We're fully booked for 2003 and over half of 2004 now so are having to turn away a lot of enquiries - which we don't like doing...we know the Gilberthorpes villa well and it's lovely - I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

quote:Originally posted by lisi

John and Sarah - I did enquire about your villas but you were booked up! The Gilberthorpes own the one I am enquiring about - I hope it isnot booked by the time I can confirm which should be shortly. However thanks for all your info and suggested websites - I am so pleased I logged on to you all as it will be so helpful
Lisi

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 14:22
We don't know Westridge that well I'm afraid - it's on the 27 to the west of Disney - we've driven past it a couple of times but that's it. Looks to be a great location.

There are quite a few owners on our site with villas there who should be able to tell you more about this community.

quote:Originally posted by lisi

Thanks so muchto you all - that's really great. Am on the point of booking but just weighing up one or two others. John and Sarah - do you know what Westridge is like please? And do I need pool heating mid September?

chrisj
06-08-2003, 14:57
Sorry,

That is a better route, Forgot about that way as we only used it once. We always used the
192 and stopped for breccie before going to the parks

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
06-08-2003, 15:00
That's what we usually do too Chris - stop off at IHOP and have a MASSIVE breakfast so you don't need to eat again until 6pm or so :D.

chrisj
06-08-2003, 15:58
We never managed to get to IHOP, we used Western Sizzlers or Dennys most mornings, and sometimes
we had breccie at the Villa. Well only when I got up early enough to do a huge fry up.

lisi
09-08-2003, 02:38
Well - I haev now booked at Crescent Lakes so thanks to all of you for your help - I am sure we will have a great time. All I have to do now is sort out car hire from Tampa Airport and that again causes me problems - as these quotes seem to vary so much. No doubt I will get the hang of it soon. Had I known my son would not have been in Tampa we could have booked a flydrive straight to Orlando. Still we shall get there in the end

Lisi

chrisj
09-08-2003, 02:57
Lisi

Im sure you will be pleased with your choice, and Crescent lakes is great, well all the
area's are. Car hire prices do vary from place to place. Today I was checking for next year
and one was £580 for 2 weeks and I found another place for the same hire for £470. The same
goes for flights and even the villa's. It does confuse you.

As for the drive from Tampa Airport, im sure some of the regulars will be able to give you
directions to the I4 and then from the I4 its very easy and signposted very well. We got off
the I4 onto the 192 heading East, turned right at poinciana after a few miles and its roughly 6-8 miles down that road on the right just past the school

Chris

blott
09-08-2003, 03:27
That's a bit of a long winded route Chris... there's a much shorter way missing out the 192 altogether! ;)

chrisj
09-08-2003, 03:36
Blott

I just used that route as it was easy and I knew the 192. Please let me know as we plan to
book for next year so any tips would be appreciated

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
09-08-2003, 03:50
Chris

Left out of CL to the 17/92 (by the 7-11) then left through Intercession City - take a right a bit further on on the 532 and it will take you to the I4 by Champions Gate - about an hour to Tampa :D.

blott
09-08-2003, 04:00
Got it in one John! :D I can tell you've been there before too! ;)

chrisj
09-08-2003, 05:53
Must admit we never went west on obt, but we did wonder where it went, mind you now I will
ask you for lots of directions before our next trip. Also as we were on holiday and the driving
was so easy we just went with the flow and got there when we got there.

That 7/11 was great for late night snacks on the way home, think the lady in there was brilliant
she wouldnt stop talking, think she liked my accent or something

Chris

chrisj
11-08-2003, 03:33
well we are just about to book next year and depends on a few answers to some questions and we
will be back in Crescent lakes next August, so this time I will ask you 2 directions to get everywhere

just hope the answers go our way as the area was just great and we loved the place

lisi
16-08-2003, 16:48
HI
So Blott - what is the easier route missing out the 192 altogether. would appreciate any help before we go.

Lisi

PaulH
14-09-2003, 03:46
Just got back from staying in Crescent Lakes (Anyone living there may have seen me out jogging). We stayed in a 5 bedroom on aster cove. It is a very nice area. We are now gonna look into buying a property there in the near future.

chrisj
14-09-2003, 18:50
Thats where we are staying next jul/Aug,