PDA

View Full Version : Ok - who is going to put us up!

The Cardinal
10-08-2006, 17:38
I've been charged with organising a big event for our family - a wedding, in Florida!

We're currently looking at the period around May 2008. Initial estimates are that we'll have 15 people from one family, and 13 from another. This is HIGHLY subject to change for now, but we'll obviously looking for confirmed numbers around October of this year.

So given this basis, what would you recommend for accomodation. We'd all like to stay in Kissimmee area, but we'd like a couple or more villas, maybe owned by one person, but close together (not necessarily next door!) to live in for the two weeks.

This is going to be a logistical nightmare so you guys will be getting used to me over the next few months, but for now, I'm looking to price reasonable accomodation.

I think it would make sense for each family to get 2 villas each (always good to spend time apart!) but is it likely that we'll get 4 villas close to one another - I'm hoping I've started to plan this early enough!

Thanks in advance!

Lynne S
10-08-2006, 18:00
May 08 must be a popular time for weddings, our villa is booked for a wedding then too.

No owner is permitted to contact you via this forum. You need to send an inquiry via the 3 sites:
Put in your wish list.

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

If any owner does contact you direct from your post offering you a home for your dates then you should contact info@orlandovillas.com and let John and Roger know, as it is against the forum rules.

The Cardinal
10-08-2006, 18:59
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jadehouse
May 08 must be a popular time for weddings, our villa is booked for a wedding then too.[/quote]

That's a bit worrying! Do villas really book up that quickly. Could I ask what you do about predicting prices so far in advance?

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jadehouse
No owner is permitted to contact you via this forum. You need to send an inquiry via the 3 sites:
Put in your wish list.

http://www.orlandovillas.com/
http://www.villasflorida.com/
http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/

If any owner does contact you direct from your post offering you a home for your dates then you should contact info@orlandovillas.com and let John and Roger know, as it is against the forum rules.
[/quote]

Noted and thanks - but I was also after more general information about ease of finding/booking villas close together etc.

I'll look through those 3 sites now.

Thanks for the reply!
:D

Lynne S
10-08-2006, 19:19
Hi Mike,

Take a look at some of the resort's and communities then when you find one that you like the look of, location, facilities etc...Ask for quotes from homes on that specific one. Or find a home you like and ask the owner if they know their neighbours and take it from there;)
Either way you'll have a great choice of beautiful villas to pick from.

Yes, some peak holiday times do get booked up way in advance. Every owner will be different with regards to pricing for the future.

Hope this helps. Have fun and if you need any further info feel free to ask:)

ellie
10-08-2006, 19:38
Some villa owners also have several villas close together, so look out for that. It certainly makes sense to give yourselves plenty of space, and room to be apart if you so choose.

Hope the wedding goes well. Its a wonderful place to get married in.:)

LiesaAnna
10-08-2006, 19:39
beat me to it Lynne!!

Mike and family, good luck! xx

mfairhurst
10-08-2006, 20:27
Good luck in looking at this site you will find what you are looking for I am sure .
MAUREEN
www.onlinefloridavillas.com/villas/1683.aspx

Pegasus928
10-08-2006, 21:36
We have already booked through this site for our 3 weeks stay in May 2008.

It is never too early to book especially with the numbers you have to cater for [msneek]

Good luck with your search but I am certain you will find what you are looking for if using this site

The Pegs

christhear
10-08-2006, 23:13
Getting a few villas nearby shouldn't be too much of a problem if you start looking soon. Most villa owners are in contact with other owners on their community so you could look for 4 villas on one community then you may not be right on top of each other but could easily walk round to see each other in a few minutes.

Liesel
10-08-2006, 23:25
Think about which area you would like to be in and use the communities map on any of the 3 sites Lynne mentioned above to find one which is suitable and fits in with the wedding plans! Some may offer areas which you could use to host receptions etc. I definitely recommend you book asap!

Good luck!

The Cardinal
10-08-2006, 23:47
Hey guys - thanks for both the advice and the warm welcome. Guess I'll get comfortable and and start reading up!!!

[msnscared]

alanandjude
10-08-2006, 23:57
Wherever you stay, you'll have a brilliant time. We got married in Florida and can highly recommend it!!

Enjoy

orlandodaze
11-08-2006, 04:31
Wise guy, you have plenty of time to organize a terrific wedding and you have come to the right place to get all the help you need . Whatever questions you have about Florida there is sure to be someone here with the answer . Wishing all of you a great time

domster
19-08-2006, 12:48
LIke they have said above in your situation from reading your other post you would be best of trying to find places on the same community. Lots of owners on here all know other owners on their respective communities, but my first port of call is to find an area that you like then look for villas within that area.

Being the person who also normally ends up with the planning I know how you feel with all the pressure!

Good luck with your search.

qunlu
22-08-2006, 17:53
It is always a good ideas to book early. Most owners are know some other owner in the same community. I am sure you can find the villa you like in the same community.

KarenG
25-08-2006, 05:58
I agree if you want to rent more than one home in a neighborhood, then booking early would be better to make sure the homes will have the same dates open.

I highly reccomend getting married in Florida my husband and I did that 2 1/2 years ago and we had the best time, as did our family and friends!

gromit
25-08-2006, 15:05
I would suggest booking sooner rather than later and look at communities in relation to where the wedding venue is. I am sure that choosing any villa from one of the 3 website will ensure a great stay and time by all. Have a great wedding day and enjoy your vaction too.[msnsmile2]

No Shoes
16-09-2006, 17:43
Welcome to the club!

I am also arranging a Florida wedding for my niece and her partner. It is booked for October 2007. We are catering for 30-40 guests. To date I have booked 4 villas all on the same community - Bridgewater Crossing. Even though we booked earlier this summer I still did not get my first choice of villa's as they were already booked. So if I can say one thing - its book as early as possible.......

Now for all the other things that have to be done[msnsad]

The up side is I have already had one trip this year to look at wedding locations and will be there again during Nov/Dec to finalise on the caterers :)

ShirleyD
16-09-2006, 21:55
Roxane, don't forget the empty suitcase for your Christmas shopping. The sales after Thanksgiving are fantastic [msnwink]