PDA

View Full Version : Kissimmee Rodeo - whats it like? NOW CLOSED!

ncmurray
07-08-2006, 22:42
I'm here to pick your brains again.

Has anyone been to Kissimmee Rodeo? It is worth it? Easy to get to and park? Is it a good way to spend the evening?

Thanks in advance

LiesaAnna
07-08-2006, 23:01
i would like to go to see one! we have started watching a new season (i think) on sky, but would like to be part of the athmosphere!!

blott
07-08-2006, 23:07
Yes, it's good fun for all ages. For $18 for adults and $9 for under 12s, it's not expensive either.

The parking's OK but, if you're going at a popular holiday time, like Easter for instance, then I'd recommend arriving slightly early. They have food like hamburgers, steak, hotdogs, etc so you could fill up while you're waiting if you want to go earlier.

The one we went to is on South Hoagland (a turning off the 192 almost opposite Osceola Square Mall) and is at 8 pm every Friday (last year they were closed in December though).

If you've got a birthday or special day when you visit, then tell them and they'll announce it for you.

http://www.ksarodeo.com/index.htm Tip - turn the sound off if you're at work!

ncmurray
08-08-2006, 00:19
That all sounds great. I think we'll give it a go when we are there. I'll post a report and let you know.

Southsider
08-08-2006, 02:44
We went to the Kissimmee Rodeo, it is very good, it is a real Rodeo, not a show put on for tourists. They also get all the kids into the centre to try and catch some sheep that have ribbons pinned on their tails. I would definitely recommend it
[msnsmile2]

LiesaAnna
08-08-2006, 03:20
looks great!! will try and catch it when we go next year!!

Lesley and John
08-08-2006, 11:08
Hi Nuala, I think its well worth a visit. I did a short write up about in in the Florida Guide. Here is the link http://www.orlandovillarentals.com/orlando_guide/kissimmee-rodeo.aspx

John

LiesaAnna
08-08-2006, 12:24
good read/write up, thanks John

feathersonline
08-08-2006, 12:42
We agree with the comments already posted - we went for the first time last month, and it's a great evenings entertainment. As Blott said, it starts at 8pm and lasts for about 2 1/2 hours, although you can stay on longer as the events sometimes overrun... We left at just after 11pm having thouroughly enjoyed ourselves...:)

jackie greaves
08-08-2006, 13:17
This is one I have been meaning to do, but never got around to it. Sounds like it would be great fun. Must do it next time we are over.

gwendolinemary
08-08-2006, 14:00
We've been a few times and really enjoy it. It's a nice change from the hectic theme parks and you feel like you're in the "real" Florida mixing with the locals. There are a few stalls where you can buy cowboy hats etc. to really get into the spirit of things - there's just a nice atmosphere about the place.

ncmurray
08-08-2006, 16:07
Really enjoyed the write-up, John. After all these reports, we'll definitely give it a go. Sounds fantastic.

nreece
09-08-2006, 10:37
We've been a couple of times and really enjoy it, but do be aware that it's 'real', it's made for locals and is not like a theme park, ie the seating is on metal temporary benchs, it can be quite smelly, and there is only the rodeo to watch for the kids, no side attractions. So if that's not your (or more importantly, your children's!) sort of thing, then I'd be wary of going. But as I say, we really enjoyed it!