PDA

View Full Version : PGA

florida memories
07-08-2006, 01:38
Has anyone ever been to watch a USPGA event in Florida?
We are buying a villa and hope to go out for 2-3 weeks next year.
I have visited the Open in Troon and St Andrews but would love to see an event in the US - either in Disney, or even Sawgrass with the famous island 17th green.

pieman790
07-08-2006, 13:15
We had a British LPGA golfer stay in our villa at the end of April when the event was held for the first time at the Reunion golf course. It is scheduled to be held for the next 3-4 years at the same place at the same time of year.
She did quite well and made the cut.

Cruella DeVilla
07-08-2006, 14:58
The couple that own the villa next door to us, she is a professional golfer and very good too, she plays at all the big events. Champions Gate is a PGA golf course and there are competitions at Reunion also. There are many more courses but not sure if they are PGA, some of the more Golfy owners will let you know the score here.

Deb
07-08-2006, 17:03
We went to the Funai Classic PGA Tour in 2004 - held at Disney's Palm & Magnolia courses.

Its held each year and usually starts around October 15th for a week - daily tickets are $30, but if there is a larger party its worth registering online with the Orlando Chamber of Commerce. Then you can buy a package (approx $200) which gives you 2 weekly tickets and 10 daily. It also gives you entry to the Chambers hospitality suite for free refreshments. If you park at the Polynesian there is complimentary transport to and from the courses.

abbeyvillas
09-08-2006, 01:55
We've also had a lady pro-Golfer staying at our villa, she was playing in a competition at Champions Gate (I think the LPGA). They also held the Father & Son professional golf tournament there last year. I've actually been thinking about taking up golf myself, when I get around to it, especially now there are so many great golf courses around.
Pam

Cruella DeVilla
09-08-2006, 18:36
Golf sorta bores me but I was thinking along the same lines as Pam and having PGA courses on the doorstep seems a missed opportunity, maybe when I retire in 25 years I might take it up!!

SDJ
10-08-2006, 02:06
There are many PGA tournaments locally. Just log onto www.pgatour.com and all the info is on there.

Good luck.

Sandra

bmitch
10-08-2006, 12:10
I was at the Bay Hill tournament last March up by Unviversal. Great experience to see the pro's in action especially Tiger Woods.

lorraine51
08-10-2006, 21:59
Funai Classic is a brilliant tournament, so much cheaper than tournaments in the UK.