PDA

View Full Version : Which one to go for and where?

lisi
05-08-2003, 01:42
Hi - we are flying to Tampa and had hoped to stay with my son who is now going to be abroad. So I am wading through a great response to my plea for a 3 bedroom villa in Orlando. Incidentally - don't they do 2 bedroom ones - as there is only 2 of us? I am bogged down as they all look so nice, I don't know which area to go for and also the prices vary so much. Some give me a discount as we are only 2 and staying for 12 nights.

Anyone got any advice at where is best or recommendations - I would be very grateful.

Lisi

Gillian-B
05-08-2003, 02:20
Lisi, have you had a look at the section "Communities" on the website? Many of the communities have a brief write up as well as showing where they are on the map - this will, at least, give you a start. If you know roughly what you want to do (e.g. Disney, shopping, Universal etc), it may help you decide if you know where the estates are situated.

Good luck.

Gillian

blott
05-08-2003, 02:20
Hi Lisi

I know it can be confusing and all the homes here are really nice so it's difficult to make a decision.

First question to ask yourself is which homes have the facilities that you wanted. I suggest you write down for yourself a little list of all the features you'd like in your home, then you can try to match them up with what you've been offered. That should get you some way towards a shortlist.

Then either check out the page of the homes you're left with on Orlandovillas or check out the home owners' own websites. They might have answered something you really wanted to know on either of these.

If you need any more help, just shout!

lisi
06-08-2003, 00:37
Thanks for the help. I am just confused with the price - they all seem to differ but some give us a discount for just 2 of us but the villas all look lovely and not knowing the area I dont want to find us in the wrong spot. I will check out the communities though.

Lisi

pbensur
06-08-2003, 03:29
Hi Lisi,
I'm sure it can be very overwhelming and confusing choosing a community and a villa. The prices will vary because the rates are all set by the individual owners. It is a good idea to check out the communities - I really don't think you can go wrong as most of them are very conveniently located and near to the parks. Best wishes to you on your planning!

Gillian-B
06-08-2003, 03:32
Lisi, what would you define as the "wrong spot"?

If you are worried about being in an "unsafe" area, then you should be OK with the main villa estates as they generally tend to be clustered around the tourist areas (and if it is security you are after, choose a villa with an alarm system for your own peace of mind). I am not aware of any "dodgy" villa estates and it is very very rare to hear about problems with safety.

If you mean that you want to be in the middle of things (or to the contrary, in a quiet location!), hopefully the community map/descriptions will help you.

What you could do once you have your "short list" is post a message here about where you are thinking of staying and what you want out of a location. Someone with experience of that particular place can hopefully then advise if you are looking in the right place.

Like Blott says, there are some fantastic villas available (and price/good deals are not necessarily an indication of how good) and wherever you stay, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Gillian

lisi
06-08-2003, 12:54
Hi - thanks so much for your replies. I am thinking of a villa in Crescent Lakes or there is one at Westridge and one at Spring Lakes so I guess they are all nice areas. My son is nervous of driving in the US - last time we stayed in Tampa his brother did all the driving - but I guess he will be OK once he starts. Incidentally, how long is the drive from Tampa Airport to the communities and is it straightforward? Be pleased to hear from anybody

Lisi

chrisj
06-08-2003, 13:38
Lisa

From Memory the drive from Tampa takes approx 1.5 hours, this depends on Traffic and the roadworks on the I4, last week they had road works along a huge section just outside
Kissimmee

lisi
07-08-2003, 01:13
Thanks Chris
Ive been reading old posts about driving in the States and most people find it easy it appears once they get started. I hope Darren does as I don't fancy driving! I dare say he will get the hang of it. I thought the communities might be a little nearer that 1 1/2 hours from Tampa but don't have a map - I,m looking at Westridge and Crescent Lakes now and will have to book by Friday
Lisi

chrisj
07-08-2003, 01:24
Lisi

As ive said Ive just come back from Crescent Lakes, and this evening me and the wife have
decided to return next year, We would love to stay in crescent lakes again as it was
so peaceful.

We did have a day when we drove round some of the other communities and they are all lovely
and open. As for driving, it is so easy and relaxed compared to driving in England.

Roughly from Tampa you take the I4 all the way , one of the regualrs will be able
to give you more exact directions and times of the trip. We drove to Busch Gardens in Tampa
and the trip was approx 1 hour. Not sure where the airport is in Tampa but suppose it would
be safe to add another 30 minutes or so onto the journey.

Hope you have a great time

Chris

Harmony
07-08-2003, 22:19
We regularly use Tampa airport when visiting our villa on Crescent Lakes. The jouney is very easy (well signed) and takes about 1hour 15minites.

Have a great holiday.

Jeff

lisi
07-08-2003, 22:40
Thanks Chris and Jeff = thats really great and has eased my mind now.

Am just deciding which area to go for and will book this weekend but I think Crescent lakes has the edge
Lisi

chrisj
07-08-2003, 22:45
Where ever you decide Lisi im sure you will have a great time

Chris