PDA

View Full Version : Help! Where do I start

lisi
05-08-2003, 01:10
Hello all - my name is Lisi and I am just ploughing through an excellent response to my request for a villa. My son and I are flying to Tampa on 14 September and had hoped to stay with my No: 1 son in his apartment - however he now tells me he won't be working there then so I have to find accommodation of a modest nature. Thought a villa would be good as I have disabilities and cannot walk too far - if I get tired a day around the pool beckons. I am a newie to Orlando and am bogged down with all the things to do - I don't know where to start - what about car hire - do you get preference at the queues at Disney if you are in a wheelchair - where do I get the cheapest tickets - I could go on and on.

Any info anyone can give me would be great. Am just weighing up pros and cons and prices of villas.

Lisi

chrisj
05-08-2003, 01:16
Welcome Lisi, the regulars here will be able to answer all your questions so just ask as many as you want.

You do get your own entrance to the rides at the parks if your in a wheelchair, Car hire came
with our flight, but others here will be able to offer more advice. I ordered my tickets through
this site and they delivered to me in the UK, no problems using them and they were a very good
price.

Chris

florida4sun
05-08-2003, 02:12
Hi,
there never has been a preference for wheelchair users. except for a pass for the 'Make a Wish' kids. It used to be that you had to go through a different entrance. This often could be a longer wait than the regular queue. Now most queues are accessible and everyone waits together. There are some excpetions but not too many. Cast members are usually very accommodating.
Best ticket prices and service is available on orlando villas just click on www.park-tickets.com

Martin

quote:Originally posted by lisi

Hello all - my name is Lisi and I am just ploughing through an excellent response to my request for a villa. My son and I are flying to Tampa on 14 September and had hoped to stay with my No: 1 son in his apartment - however he now tells me he won't be working there then so I have to find accommodation of a modest nature. Thought a villa would be good as I have disabilities and cannot walk too far - if I get tired a day around the pool beckons. I am a newie to Orlando and am bogged down with all the things to do - I don't know where to start - what about car hire - do you get preference at the queues at Disney if you are in a wheelchair - where do I get the cheapest tickets - I could go on and on.

Any info anyone can give me would be great. Am just weighing up pros and cons and prices of villas.

Lisi

bellaepovera
05-08-2003, 06:33
Hi Lisi, Welcome to the forum. September is a nice month to come as not as muggy as the summer months but of course you never know in Florida. You have come to the right site as all your vacation needs can be rented out right here on this site.

Daniel Ramsey
05-08-2003, 18:06
My wife has multiple sclerosis and we always rent a motorized wheelchair or more exactly the ECV at the parks, it was $35 a day last time we were at WDW in 2001, they run all day long and are available on a first come basis at all the parks. And usually you get preferred treatment like going in ahead of the main lines.At least they did for us back then, can't say what is available at other parks. There are cheaper tickets online but myself I prefer paying cash at the parks, less chance of a mishandled or lost transaction.From all that I have seen the people here have had great deals available such as car hire etc.

MTP
06-08-2003, 03:31
There are several companies in the Orlando area that will rent the electrical wheelchairs, I don't have info on any, just I saw some of the scooters with rental company info on them. I presume that if you rent for a fortnight it works out cheaper than paying on a daily basis at the park. Also you would then have it for the malls, etc. I am sure a search will reveal some of them.