View Full Version : Our Trip

chrisj
04-08-2003, 23:40
Hi

This is a summary of our trip. Emily kept a log but its too big to
put it all on here

Our Trip

Day 1:
Flight over was very good, Flew with Virgin. had pre-booked our seats but they had moved us. We did the twilight check in which was great.
Landed at 3pm and thought ‘here we go long customs queues’, But we went straight through, picked up the mini van from Dollar, really impressed.

Followed directions to Villa and found the place easily. The Villa was fantastic. Arrived at Villa exactly 4:50pm. So good quick trip
left kids with my mum and off to Publix for provisions. Easy to get to and reasonable prices. Spent the evening by the pool having a few drinks and in bed about 9pm.

Day2:
Oh dear woke up at 4am, we couldn’t get back to sleep so all sat by pool and kids were swimming at 4:30, we were very quiet. Spent a few more hours watching telly. Owner rang to see if we got there ok, had a little chat. MC arrived to see if we were ok. Went for a drive along the 192heading towards St Cloud, Stopped at Denny’s for breakfast. Huge portions and a great place. Stopped at Wal Mart and got more provisions for the villa, then back to pool for a swim.
Took the kids to the Green meadows petting farm on Poinciana. don’t bother $68 for 4 of us. Spent 3 hours going round. The kids loved it, but I thought it was over priced, mind you it was nice to spend the 1st day with a small park. Back to pool for a few hours, then off to dinner at Pondarosa on the 535. Tacky place but cheap and big portions. Back to pool for a swim then bed.

Day3
Woke at 4am due to a huge thunderstorm waking us up. Thank god for
american telly. Went off to Sea world and stopped at Pondarosa for
breakfast. Was still tacky but great food.
Got to Sea world and it was very hot. After about 4 hours poor Sam was
About to collapse so we went back to the Villa, spent a few hours by the Pool. Thunderstorm again. Sam didn’t want to go back to Sea World
So we took Emily. The place was empty after the rain. Got straight on
Kraken and aged about 30 years, Emily wanted another go so again
We went on it. I needed a smoke and a sit down. Walked around slowly
And saw so much of the place. We caught the late night Shamu show. This was fantastic. We didn’t stay for the fireworks as we were tried by then

Day4
Woke at 7. decided a day off. Relaxed by the pool, walked around the
Development . decided to visit Florida Mall. Spent few hours shopping
then back to Wal Mart then Villa.
Popped out to Sizzlers on 192 for a meal – What a great place and the
Food was brilliant. Better than Pondarosa. Early night as we were off
To Disney in the morning

Day5
Up early again. Hit Magic Kingdom, wow it was hot. Kids got their pictures with loads of characters. Came out mid afternoon , stopped at Wendy’s On 192 on way back to Villa. few hours by the pool. Went back early Evening. Park had cleared out a bit.
We saw the night parade, wow just brilliant as well as the fireworks.
Took 1.5 hours to get out of the park when it closed

Day6
Decided to have breakfast at the Villa, Mum stayed in we took the kids to Gatorland, the kids loved it
Stopped on the way home at the New Century Chinese next to Publix
On the OBT, Got a take away and took it back to the Villa.
Horrible meal and portions were pathetic, We all felt ill a few hours
Afterwards

Day 7
Off to Epcot. Stopped at Western Sizzlers on 192, Best place so far. We managed to stay at Epcot until it closed. Honey I shrunk the audience wasn’t That good, but the kids loved the place. We saw almost all the rides we wanted to and had a great day. The fireworks were out of this world.
Got home to the villa in 15 minutes

Day 8
Off to Animal Kingdom, Stopped at Denny’s on the 192 for Breakfast
Wow it was very hot and we were so tired, spent 4 hours there then
realised we were shattered. Watched the Lion King show which was
Amazing then came out of the park, it was just too hot. Stopped at
Wal mart for more drinks etc. I love that place. Back to Villa sat by
Pool for rest of day

Day9
Went to cocoa beach, We always loved it here. We

Ruth
05-08-2003, 00:31
What a comprehensive report Chris, thanks:)You obviously really enjoyed your trip and packd a lot in:DI hope you have as much fun if and when you return, I'm sure you will as for us it gets better each time we go[8D]

Karen
05-08-2003, 01:26
Great report, Chris. It is so lovely to know when people have had such a good time. I can not wait until we go at Christmas. We are really looking forwards to it :D

chrisj
05-08-2003, 02:04
Thanks,. we did so much more but didnt want a huge report. We will return and have been
speaking about it already. So who knows

Chris

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
05-08-2003, 02:14
Wow Chris - thanks so much for your report - fantastic:D:D. Glad you had a good time. Here's to many more great trips in the vacation capital of the owrld - Florida.

Sarah

chrisj
05-08-2003, 03:29
Sarah

We had the best holiday we have had in years, and ive said it before, but it was mainly down to
all of you giving great advice when I posted questions, and reading all the other posts.

So a big thankyou to all the owners, you are great people

Hope to be back booking another trip as soon as we can

Chris

chrisj
07-08-2003, 01:30
Well We are coming back next year, Not sure of exactly when but it will have to be in the
summer holidays as my wife works in a school.

Chris

chrizzy100
07-08-2003, 01:36
quote:Originally posted by chrisj

Well We are coming back next year, Not sure of exactly when but it will have to be in the
summer holidays as my wife works in a school.

Chris

I'll be there all summer Chris.......I'll put the kettle on.......and throw a Burger on the barbie......:D

steph_goodrum
07-08-2003, 02:27
Somehow the saving doesn't seem quite so bad the 2nd time Chris because you just know that it will all be worthwhile once you get back whereas the first time there is always that apprehension. I don't think we'll be there in the summer till Sept. but have a great trip.

chrisj
07-08-2003, 02:50
Thanks Steph, Im sure we will have as great a time as we have just had, will not so many parks
this time and try and see a bit more of the area. Anyway its a long way off so plans will no
doubt change

Chrizzy, We will take you up on the Offer of a barbie

Chris

mikewj
12-08-2003, 18:15
Its funny, each year we go back we always say that we'll do less of the parks and see a bit more of the area.....and we end up doing the same parks and possibley see a very small bit of Orlando that we've not seen before.

Having said that, our last trip involved a day trip to Key West (yes, I mean there and back in a day) so we got to see a bit more of the Floridian countryside !!!

MTP
13-08-2003, 01:30
Great report, Chris, how about some thuderstorm photos? We love thunderstorms.

Euan

chrisj
13-08-2003, 03:43
I must admit I haven put them on the Pc yet, still enjoying this great heatwave we are
having. But I will get round to it soon. Arranging our trip for next year at the moment
but I have a plan for getting directions.

Anywhere we think we want to go to, rather than read up im just going to ask Blott or John
cos they always come back with a better route :D than the one we picked

Chris