PDA

View Full Version : Road Shortcuts

davefloridavilla
24-02-2002, 17:22
I expect most owners with houses on the 27 use the shortcut into Disney via turning left into Sherberth off the 192.
Coming back from the Disney parks, you would always head towards Animal Kingdom and then take the Un-authorised vehicles lane but that's now been renamed to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Does anyone else have any useful roads or directions to places that maybe the locals would use?

I often try different roads if I suspect they might lead somewhere.
I find the USA so easy to get around, I'm hopeless in the UK for getting my bearings and rarely experiment because it usually ends up in disaster!

I think it must be the way everythings kind of square or in blocks that makes it so easy over there!

steph_goodrum
24-02-2002, 19:41
We're on 27 but I'm not sure the road you are talking about, where abouts is it. We always come offI4 at junction 24 and via CR54, but don't give the guests that way as it is not very well lit, so figured if they arrive in the dark, they may not find it very easily. It's in our book though.
I found New York brilliant for navigation, so logical, avenues run N/S and streets run E/W so if you're on 35th and you want 32nd you know you go south. Mick found he couldn't navigate at all yet over here he finds his way all over the country without and trouble. They must have virtually planned the city before they started building.

Babblin Boo

davefloridavilla
25-02-2002, 01:14
Hi Steph,
The directions were to Disney if you were coming from your home, not getting to your home, from I4.

We too use junction 24 to get to our home from I4, when we come from the airport etc. or carry onto j23 since our community is between the I4 j23 and the 192 junction.

If we were going to Disney from the 27, we'd just shoot up to 192 and just after splendid china i think, sherberth is on the left at a set of traffic lights.

semerton
25-02-2002, 02:05
I always take the left before that one onto Black horse road it looks like a little country lane and they have just relaid it then left follow road around until the lights then turn right a good short cut to the end of 192 aswell but be carefull because its not busy and a straight road you feel you want to put your foot down and they do have the patrols out at times

davefloridavilla
25-02-2002, 02:16
Does anyone know if there are any plans to add another junction from I4 to the 27?
Its crying out for one a bit further up, probably the best place would be where the 192 ends.
That would be great for everyone I think.

The way thinks go up over there, it might even be there by the time I next visit!!

blott
25-02-2002, 16:56
You've all no doubt found the short cut from Poinciana Blvd to Wal-Mart and the one from Poinciana Blvd to Disney? Or Funie Steed from Lindfields to Splendid China (to cut out the morning traffic jam on the 192)?

Like Dave@floridavilla.com, we're always experimenting with turning into unlikely looking roads and finding out where they go to. Some you win, some you lose but we have a good (and interesting!) time trying.

Blott

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
25-02-2002, 17:02
What's the one from Poinciana Blvd to Disney? Is it via the Greenway/417?

Please enlighten us all as renters will be viewing this and may not have any idea of shortcuts :).

John & Sarah

John & Sarah Rooke
Orlando Villas