PDA

View Full Version : whats on your checklist?

ncmurray
03-08-2006, 17:25
Does anyone have a check list that they would be willing to share with me? We go on the 11th, and with the kids home from school, I just can't think about everything we might need. Help needed!!

kitty
03-08-2006, 17:42
Hi i write a list of to do and to take every year,as long as you take the main things then you can buy anything else there,things to remember.
Passport,tickets, money, insurance, car voucher if applicable, drivers licence,park tickets,medication if applicable and repeat prescription letter,credit card,debit card,glasses if needed for driving,important phone numbers.I cant think of any more at the moment but im sure there will be a list from others for you.Hope this helps

alan price
03-08-2006, 18:05
Hi,
We go on the 8th.

My husband done this list for last year - hope it helps!

Baseball cap
Beach towels x 4
Boogie boards?
Camcorder, films and charger
Camera, cards and charger
Car hire voucher
Cash (UK)
Cash (US)
Credit cards & chequebook (US)
Driving licenses
Ear plugs
Flight e-ticket
Front door keys
Glasses
Guidebooks
Hotel voucher
Inhalers
Insurance documents
Itinerary (Dial-A-Flight)
Make up (make up remover & cleanser)
Map of Florida
Masks and snorkels?
Medicines
Mobile phones
Mozzie wipes or cream
Passports
Pens and pencils
Razor
Rucksacks
Schedule (days out)
Sun lotion F10 & F20
Theme Park tickets (Disney)
Spare trainers?
Sunglasses (x2)
Traveler’s cheques?
Toiletries (tooth brush, toothpaste, soap, flannel, deodorant, brush & comb)
Villa directions
Villa keys
Water cameras
Water proof jacket
Water shoes (x2)
Wetsuits

pieman790
03-08-2006, 18:05
dont forget to pack your clothes [msnwink]

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by kitty
Hi i write a list of to do and to take every year,as long as you take the main things then you can buy anything else there,things to remember.
Passport,tickets, money, insurance, car voucher if applicable, drivers licence,park tickets,medication if applicable and repeat prescription letter,credit card,debit card,glasses if needed for driving,important phone numbers.I cant think of any more at the moment but im sure there will be a list from others for you.Hope this helps
[/quote]

ncmurray
03-08-2006, 18:09
These are all great. If I Have time I'll put them all onto one document and post it here so everyone could use it. Any more suggestions??

Sally D
03-08-2006, 18:23
I wouldn't be able to go without Teabags[msnwink]

chris c
03-08-2006, 18:31
I would also take a small notebook and a calculator (I like to compare prices!!).
Wouldn't bother to take out mozzie wipes/cream or sun lotion as I would buy it in the U.S.
Plasters - just in case! Usually use them on my feet when my sandals rub.

Have a great time!!

AshleyLodge
03-08-2006, 18:33
The good thing about going to Florida is that it doesn't matter if you forget most things because you can always go out an buy it there.

Have a wonderful time

JoRo
03-08-2006, 19:04
Kitty - how about a google print out of directions from your airport to accommodation? Always a good addition to maps.
Joyce

mizzy
03-08-2006, 20:02
i've always found that a list stuck up where you can see it helps, then you can add things that suddenly pop into your head on the spur of the moment

another thing i always do before i go away is to fit timers on some of my lights, leave emergency key with family and safely store away any personal and financial documents

if your taking credit cards and travellers cheques make sure you have a copy of all important lost/stolen numbers to call written down and kept seperate to the cards/cheques

photocopy any important documents passports, driving license, insurance policy and theme park tickets too just in case they get lost or stolen

you can also get the kids involved and stick lists up in their rooms too, this may take some of the pressure off

hope this helps

mizzy

caroline
03-08-2006, 20:14
We always take copies of our passports with us, in case we lose them in the States! Never needed them.....yet!

njstringer
04-08-2006, 02:23
Do not forget to put your name and address inside your suitcase. This covers you if your case goes missing, because those paper tie on lables regulary get torn off.
I'm not trying to worry you, we have never lost a case after numerous visits. Better safe than sorry.
As mentioned before by Sally - tea bags.
Enjoy your holiday.

bargainqueen
04-08-2006, 03:15
Pack comfortable shoes/sandels/trainers you can always replace the old ones with new ones for the journey home. With all the walking you will do well worn in shoes are the best.

I always make several copies of important numbers, travellers cheque list, passport and driving licences and distribute them amoungst the adults bags.

Most things you will be able to buy, in Walmart you can get travel sizes of most toilettries. One thing I always seem to forget is moisturiser for my face and it's days before I can find something that I like.

If you are staying in a villa then don't pack too many changes of clothes. Take advantage of the washing facilities to leave space in your cases for all the goodies you will buy.

Waistpacks(can't use the real name) and backpacks if you have them.

Cruella DeVilla
04-08-2006, 12:13
At the minute in Superdrug they have a holiday check list leaflet for the more practical things to pack but it's quite handy. I have had a spreadsheet that I have used for years and base my packing and list of last minute to do things around that.

Also if you read the guide there are a couple of articles on handy things to pack.

domster
04-08-2006, 12:49
I used to use a checklist ,but now just keep packing things until the case is full. Maybe this approach would not work having kids in tow, but if I forget something I just have to swallow my pride and buy it when we are there, which is what normally happens.[:O]

Southsider
04-08-2006, 13:41
You are all so organised!!! Once I have my Passport, Credit Card, Insurance/Tickets, I just throw some clothes into the suitcase and off we go!!!

heathercobbett
04-08-2006, 15:21
I have always found I do the best pack last minute;it gets done in minutes

With advance warning I add a few things every day "just in case" Of course you never do!

I always tell my guests to put a list on their front door of the must haves and make one person responsible for checking them off as they leave.This was told to me by a taxi driver who will not leave the road until his passegers prove they have them;he said many a family have reason to thank him

julieanne
04-08-2006, 16:10
I don't take that much really - like to leave a lot of room for the shopping [msnwink] [msnwink]
But having said that I'd be lost without my pre-printed checklist [msneek]

Maz
04-08-2006, 21:25
I am far too chilled - my husband keeps asking if I need to get anything 'for the holiday' and I just think nah - if I forget anything I'll buy it there - apart of course from the t-bags.

Homer
04-08-2006, 21:34
I have an Excel sheet that someone on here set me

If you send me a DM with you e-mail address I will send it on to you

ALR
04-08-2006, 22:11
Nebuliser, medication, Dr's letters, gluten-free pittas and biscuits, sunblock, tetley tea bags...then we concentrate on tickets, passport, money etc.

ALR

tezz7628
04-08-2006, 22:59
http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums/topic_30206.asp

04-08-2006, 23:42
My checklist is in my head and its never let me down yet[msnwink] I seem to just go on to auto pilot[msnsmile] I think its the all years of flying for a living[msnwink]

bargainqueen
10-08-2006, 11:33
Just remembered something else we had a problem with. If you want to use your phone whilst in US, take your car charger as well as mains as some mains chargers are not dual voltage.

ncmurray
05-08-2009, 18:52
Did you ever get a feeling of deja vu??

Here I am, three years almost to the day since I started this topic, and I find myself sitting in the study, thinking "I wish I had a checklist" as we are travelling to Florida on the 13th, and I need to start thinking about what needs to be packed.

How sad is that?! Do you ever get the feeling that some things just never change[laugh]

Anyhow, I can't wait for our holiday, so I will be making up my checklist today!

Nuala

Mo Green
05-08-2009, 19:09
Also worth taking a photograph of your suitcases. We have never lost one but when they arrived late the luggage office were very pleased to attach a photo to their form for ID.

Mo