PDA

View Full Version : Scaredy Cat

Deladuro
02-08-2006, 13:05
I confess! I'm hopeless when it comes to roller coasters!

Can any of you guys give advice as to the 'scare factor' that various rides have.
I can just about cope with 'Revenge of the Mummy' as it's indoors & not too fast, and the Jurassic Park boat ride as the scary part is over quite quickly but 'The Hulk' scares the bejesus out of me just watching it!!

Any suggestions as to what I should try when I'm over in November?

Cheers
Del.

Sally D
02-08-2006, 13:09
I don't like the big roller coasters but do like Jurassic Park and The Mummy.

I did go on Rock n Roll at MGM and loved it.

jackie greaves
02-08-2006, 13:18
All the rides at the Disney parks are quite tame, stay away from Kraken at Sea World.:D

Genie
02-08-2006, 13:23
I haven't even plucked up courage to go on the revenge of the Mummy yet !![msneek]

solanasunshine
02-08-2006, 13:30
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Genie
I haven't even plucked up courage to go on the revenge of the Mummy yet !![msneek]
[/quote]

Neither have I!!!!

Infact about the "scariest" ride I go on is Splash Mountain! [msnscared] (Yes I know I'm a wimp!!!)

My kind of ride is the Peter Pan ride at the Magic Kingdom [msnwink]

glasgowmary
02-08-2006, 13:53
the mummy is great !!! if you really don' t like " big rides " perhaps duelling dragons or the hulk might be too much , but i think the thought of it is worse than doing it and i LOVE duelling dragons but its a holiday so you want to have fun so try whatever you want:D

glasgowmary
02-08-2006, 13:55
forgot to say sometimes on the universal website you can see a video of the rides but this i always think makes it look frightening !!!

Southsider
02-08-2006, 14:01
I am a scardy cat too!!! I was fooled into going on the Mummy Ride, the others went on out and came out saying 'You have to go on it, you will love it' so I did and I have to say I really enjoyed it!:D Bring some 'Rescue Remedy' with you and you wont be scared!!

Jo
02-08-2006, 15:14
You sound like you are in my league.

I can do space mountain, and rock and roller coaster , because they are in the dark. I like the Mummy too. Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld is fine also.

Generally my rule is if you need a shoulder harness, I won't like it.

Don't like Tower of terror either. My children told me it was just like the Ribena Berry Bouncers at Chessington. It's NOT[msneek]

farawayfan
02-08-2006, 15:35
Gosh Del I think you're doing well if you went on Mummy. You wouldn't get me on it for love nor money.

I don't mind the coasters as long as they don't go upside down and are not in the dark so basically I avoided Hulk, Dragons, Mummy, RocknRoller and Space Mountain.

ALR
02-08-2006, 23:24
Would you class Big Thunder Mountain as a coaster? Or is that one for chickens?[msnwink]

ALR

florida4sun
02-08-2006, 23:32
One for the chickens, it only goes 28 miles an but is very good fun.

<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by ALR
Would you class Big Thunder Mountain as a coaster? Or is that one for chickens?[msnwink]

ALR[msnsmile]
[/quote]

ncmurray
03-08-2006, 16:55
If you DID want to try a bigger roller coaster, I would suggest the Hulk. It really is fantastic, and doesn't shake you about too much. In my opinion, the Mummy is far more jarring and bumpy, so if you can handle that you should be able for the Hulk. If you could manage to do just one of the bigger coasters, you would want to try them all!! My husband used to go to all the parks, and never get on any of the bigger ones, and then one day he decided to go for it and has never looked back. The only type of ride he refuses to go on now are the sheer drop ones like Oblivion in Alton Towers. If you can just remember that they always look a lot worse than they actually are, and that when you are on it you don't realise when you are up-side-down, you should be able to cope with anything:) Go on, give it a go!!

taylona
03-08-2006, 17:08
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Jo
You sound like you are in my league.

I can do space mountain, and rock and roller coaster , because they are in the dark. I like the Mummy too. Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld is fine also.

Generally my rule is if you need a shoulder harness, I won't like it.

Don't like Tower of terror either. My children told me it was just like the Ribena Berry Bouncers at Chessington. It's NOT[msneek]
[/quote]

You're very brave Jo! [msneek]

I can do The Hulk, Duelling Dragons, Expedition Everest etc but Tower of Terror..... I feel terrified when the rest of the family goes on it!![msnembarrased]

Deladuro
08-08-2006, 02:00
Thanks for the advice folks.
Maybe I'll start of with 'Mummy' then see if I can build myself up gradually to some of the bigger ones.

I'll probably steer well clear of 'Tower of Terror' though

CarolAnn
09-08-2006, 22:36
It took me 12 years of going to Florida to get on Thunder Mountain, I am the ultimate scaredy cat[msnembarrased]I think about Rockin Roller Coaster just necause it is inside and I think the loop is over quick at the beginning? What am I saying, I haven't made it on Splash Mountain yet[msnscared]

christhear
09-08-2006, 23:02
I'm fine n the roller coasters but dont like the simulator rides or anything that spins you round.
Can't stand the teacup ride at Magic Kingdom and can't do storm at Universal. Cat in a hat, Men in Black and Spiderman make me feel a bit woobly but I go on them for my sons sake. However I flatly refuse to do Back to the future and Mission space. But give me a roller coaster and I'll give it a go.

Liesel
09-08-2006, 23:07
Hi Del

The Tower of Terror filled me with dread also, but it wasn't so bad. I admit I was distracted by my daughter, who decided she wanted off after the first drop. I found that as soon as you stopped trying to defy gravity by gripping the handles at the side of your seat, till your hands went numb...it was actually ok. I don't really like roller coasters and was very proud of myself for attempting the Kracken last year. You should try Everest, that is fun, especially if you don't do upside down [msnsmile2]

Have fun

Liesel

laalaa
10-08-2006, 00:45
Im not a coaster fan either.

I dont mind speed and love test track at epcot but cant stand rides where there is a drop. I just hate that feeling of falling almost uncontrollably.

I even didnt like [:I]Primeval Whirl[:I]at Animal Kingdom! Now that is bad, its a kids ride.

My type of ride is Soarin, I LOVE IT!!!!

Although, im hoping to go back in december, and i might try out Thunder Mountain, whats that like?

ALR
10-08-2006, 17:11
Thunder Mountain - there's nothing to it. Just look at the little ones faces who ride it.

I'm with you on Soaring laalaa, I love that one. My niece took a lot of persuading to go on Splash Mountain but once on would have spent the rest of the holidays on that single ride if we had let her.

ALR

Kazzie
19-08-2006, 04:01
We just came home from Orlando this morning and my 10 year old daughter has been itching to go on the big roller coasters, as she was previously not quite tall enough to do the big ones. We went to Universal IOA and she absolutely loved the Hulk ride, duelling dragons etc.

We came off the Mummy ride, for the 3rd time in a row as there were hardly any ques and a Man(I say that loosely as he was very scared) asked what the ride was like. As we were reassuring him that it was pretty tame and showed him our photo of us on the ride, his partner came along and told him off for worrying when our daughter had enjoyed it so much! Not sure whether he actully did the ride but he tried his hardest to get out of it.

Now the Tower of Terror is a different ride again, although it is quite a thrilling ride it doesnt have the same height restrictions, so anyone should be able to manage it. My daugther went on that ride when she was only 6 and loved it so much we had to keep going back on.

Whichever rides you go on I am sure you will have a thoroughly great time and will want to back again and again.

Karen

.<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by Deladuro
Thanks for the advice folks.
Maybe I'll start of with 'Mummy' then see if I can build myself up gradually to some of the bigger ones.

I'll probably steer well clear of 'Tower of Terror' though

[/quote]

Susan J
19-08-2006, 13:31
Laalaa -I am with you and can assure you you can go on Thunder Mountain, no problem.

What I hate is the feeling of falling, or that you are coming out of your seat,or basically not being in control - its awful!
Del,. I am told by my family that Exp Everest isn't much different to Thunder Mountain, so try that :D

What happens in the Mummy then?

E. Cosgrove
19-08-2006, 17:05
<blockquote id="quote" class="ffs">quote:Originally posted by christhear
I'm fine n the roller coasters but dont like the simulator rides or anything that spins you round.
Can't stand the teacup ride at Magic Kingdom and can't do storm at Universal. Cat in a hat, Men in Black and Spiderman make me feel a bit woobly but I go on them for my sons sake. However I flatly refuse to do Back to the future and Mission space. But give me a roller coaster and I'll give it a go.
[/quote]
You and I are 2 of a kind Christine, I HATE simulators[sick][sick][sick]