PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a buggy/stroller??

Rosebud
03-08-2003, 16:47
Hi All,
I hope to buy a new buggy or stroller as i know they are called and I was wondering if you had any tips where to go. I know about Baries-R-Us, but wondered if anybody else had any other suggestions.
Thanks in advance.[:I]

blott
03-08-2003, 16:58
Hi Rosebud

Welcome to the forum. If we're talking about purchasing a stroller in Florida, then Wal-Mart sells a selection, starting at around $15 (http://www.walmart.com), Target also (http://www.target.com) or the Burlington Coat Factory on Orange Blossom Trail are all good places to look.

If you're just visiting Florida on holiday, you can take your own stroller with you free of charge on most airlines - just make sure that you label it securely so that you can identify it again as there are usually lots of them on each flight!

If there's anything else we can help you with, just ask away.

Ruth
03-08-2003, 16:58
Wal Mart and Target both carry a good choice:)

Rosebud
03-08-2003, 21:20
Thanks a lot for your prompt replies. I want to buy a lighweight one as the one I have is quite cumbersome, so I plan on travelling without one and buying one as soon as I can.
I've just discovered your forum and found it a great source of info. We've travelled over for many years and we're really looking forward to our trip in 10 days time - YIPEE...[:I]

Gillian-B
03-08-2003, 21:29
Hi Rosebud - lucky you going in 10 days! I can't wait until we go (at least it's soon).

We're also looking to buy a stroller when we go over and have been advised Target or Walmart are best (and you can see what they have before you go by looking on their websites).

Enjoy your holiday.

Gillian

blott
03-08-2003, 21:31
In that case, have a great time in Florida! [8D]

MTP
04-08-2003, 10:24
We have picked up umbrella strollers from Wal-mart each time that we are over (and car seats). The only thing to watch is, especially with the umbrella strollers, a lot of people may have the same strollers as you. When you do any of the shows, very often the CM will re-arrange the stroller parking during the show, so your stroller isn't where you left it. So we always put one of our daughter's hair bobbles onto the handle of the stroller and it makes it reall easy to identify when you come out.

Rosebud
04-08-2003, 16:21
That's a really good tip MTP. Thanks

floridadreamvilla.co.uk
04-08-2003, 17:04
We bought two lightweight foldable strollers from K-Mart on the 192 a year ago now - they were something like $12 each and we got the ones with red handles so they stand out at the parks.

We were so pleased with them that we brought them home and now use them all the time and they are still good as new - in fact they are miles better than the £80 one we originally had in the UK.

Goes to show sometimes cheap really is good too :D:D:D

sammibabe
07-08-2003, 22:27
We bought a stroller last time we went and we wanted something cheap and cheerful. We bought one with a little suncanopy on it but didn't find that really helped when she was asleep. Our solution (which also helped her actually go to sleep sometimes) was to peg a piece of material (think we bought that at Wal-mart) and draped it from the top of the canopy. Only propblem we had with the stroller we bought was that the handle height was quite low - something to think about if you're tall. It was lower than my Maclaren. It was a few years since we had been previously and I was really dissappointed that they didn't have the dolphin strollers at Seaworld anymore.:(

chrizzy100
07-08-2003, 23:04
quote:Originally posted by sammibabe

We bought a stroller last time we went and we wanted something cheap and cheerful. We bought one with a little suncanopy on it but didn't find that really helped when she was asleep. Our solution (which also helped her actually go to sleep sometimes) was to peg a piece of material (think we bought that at Wal-mart) and draped it from the top of the canopy. Only propblem we had with the stroller we bought was that the handle height was quite low - something to think about if you're tall. It was lower than my Maclaren. It was a few years since we had been previously and I was really dissappointed that they didn't have the dolphin strollers at Seaworld anymore.:(

They don't do the dolphin strollers......:(
We always used them to carry coats and stuff even when my son was too old to need it.....they were a fun thing....